[Q] Replace Digitizer Now Won't Turn On

OP alanbear03

26th February 2012, 10:19 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hi. I purchased an Evo 4G from some dude on Craigslist. I verified the ESN was clean via checkesnforfree.com and I was well aware it had a cracked digitizer. I purchased a new one via ebay and it came in today. I watched YouTube videos over and over as well as followed the steps on ifixit.com and thought I did it right. That is until I turned it on and it vibrates and then the screen flashes white briefly and then that's it. It remains dark.

Any ideas as to whether it is a faulty digitizer? I have checked, re-checked and even re-checked to ensure that the cables was set in snugly and that the latches were latched.

Again, the phone was working just fine prior to me replacing the digitizer. It was dim but it responded to the touch and all buttons seemed to function normalls including the camera and speakers.

Any thoughts or tips would be appreciated. Feel free to email me as well.

Thanks in advance.
26th February 2012, 01:08 PM   |  #2  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 181

1,779 posts
More
Take the battery out, replace it, does the phone turn on while holding volume - ?

Having trouble with AOSP? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1295702
26th February 2012, 04:52 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 367

2,907 posts
That sounds more like the LCD is bad. If you say the screen was dim, that's the LCD, not the digitizer.
26th February 2012, 05:30 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1

16 posts
I had that same problem, but it turned out the ribbon for the lcd was not fully inserted. So I pushed it in more and it turned on.. Hope this helps.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App
11th November 2012, 05:46 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

15 posts
replacing digitizer, I bent a couple of hair wires on one of the brackets!!
I bought the evo 4g a while back for 400 bucks, within a few weeks I dropped the phone cracking the digitizer. Done a ton of research on how to fix it, then ordered a new one plus all the tools to fix it on Amazon. while I was putting it back together, I was super careful returning them to their brackets, however, a couple of the tiny little hair sized wires on the base bracket bent crossing over some of the others, I tried to straighten them out but of course this didn't work I suppose, when I got it all back together, the phone will not turn back on. I have looked in millions of online places on what I can do but found nothing, I have also called the Sprint repair store who basically laughed at me and said I threw away 400 bucks. the only thing I can think of aside from tossing my money in the trash, is hope and pray that I can find someone with some extra brackets and hope and pray I can somehow replace it without screwing it up again. Please PLEase PLEASE, if anyone can help me at ALL I would be so very greatful!!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cracked screen, digitizier, htc evo 4g, phone won't turn on
Previous Thread Next Thread