FORUMS

Sunday Debate: Custom ROMs vs. Modular Tweaks

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to … more

AOSP 5.1 Lollipop for Nexus Q

Google Nexus Q is an intriguing device released with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. It was abandoned by … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 17 – 24)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Glimpse Notifications: Easier Lockscreen Notifications

Lollipop brought a revamp to the lockscreen, taking away custom widgets but … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[SBF and Update] Original Gingergread 2.3.4 SBF for Droid X MB810 Verizon USA

26th February 2012, 11:10 AM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 503
 
More
[SBF and Update] Original Gingergread 2.3.4 SBF for Droid X MB810 Verizon USA



Android 2.3.4


Update - Blur_Version.4.5.621.MB810.Verizon.en.US.zip

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/43768661/Blu...izon.en.US.zip

SHA1 - BC856DDB6B53A6D5679EAC369397A3DC58B0B273

MD5 - A27203C8FBC4B0C2505AFE3E700E6264




SBF - 1FF-p3a_shadow_cdma_shadow-user-2.3.4-4.5.1_57_DX8-51-120111-test-keys-signed-Verizon-US.sbf.gz
http://www.filefactory.com/file/2yjc...izon-US.sbf.gz

Compression MD5 - 946DEB6D7B3DF95FE56F5FC05D4934B5

SBF MD5 - 2E6E3DFD86C37D58E3D809C9453E2FA4


POSSIBILITY OF NO DOWNGRADE TO EARLIER VERSION ONCE YOU UPDATE !!!!!!!!

Firmware Downloads:

Atrix 2 Firmware---ATRIX Froyo Firmware---ATRIX Gingerbread Firmware---Defy Plus MB526 Firmware---Defy MB525 Firmware---Milestone 2 A953 Firmware---MB632 Pro Plus GSM---Verizon Firmware---XOOM 3G---XOOM WiFi---Milestone 3 Firmware---XT910 Firmware
Last edited by daywalker04; 5th May 2012 at 05:24 AM.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to daywalker04 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
26th February 2012, 06:34 PM |#2  
SaurusX's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Well this is a bit of pleasant news. At least people who were bricked can have a functional phone again. Now we just need a root method. Thank you for this!
The Following User Says Thank You to SaurusX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th February 2012, 07:32 PM |#3  
terminal13's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Myrtle Beach
Thanks Meter: 172
 
More
Can't get sbf download directly to phone......does this have to go to a PC first?
26th February 2012, 10:00 PM |#4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by terminal13

Can't get sbf download directly to phone......does this have to go to a PC first?

You should be able to dl to the phone, no point though really, have to flash from a pc anyway.

@daywalker04 Thank you!!!
26th February 2012, 11:48 PM |#5  
terminal13's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Myrtle Beach
Thanks Meter: 172
 
More
Ya, guess if that was a snake it would have bit me too! Ty.
27th February 2012, 12:10 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
I have a theory about the bootloader, please feel free anyone to shoot it down or help see if it will work.


TBH released patches for bootloader, kernel, and baseband. here

So my theory is that the bootloader patch they released was 30.04, if we get root on .621 and can get into Clockwork recovery, could we install this bootloader patch which is still 30.04, and then be able to SBF back to .602?

What do you guys think?
27th February 2012, 01:33 AM |#7  
infazzdar's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 232
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anrichardson

I have a theory about the bootloader, please feel free anyone to shoot it down or help see if it will work.


TBH released patches for bootloader, kernel, and baseband. here

So my theory is that the bootloader patch they released was 30.04, if we get root on .621 and can get into Clockwork recovery, could we install this bootloader patch which is still 30.04, and then be able to SBF back to .602?

What do you guys think?

Message p3droid on twitter and ask him.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
27th February 2012, 01:46 AM |#8  
Senior Member
DFW, TX
Thanks Meter: 118
 
More
Exclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaurusX

Well this is a bit of pleasant news. At least people who were bricked can have a functional phone again. Now we just need a root method. Thank you for this!

I was running stock .605 with root via the DROID 3 easy root script v7 and then did the the OTA update to .621 and after it was done and rebooted I still had root. If you're on stock .605 I would strongly recommend you root it via the DROID 3 easy root script v7 script (Google it) to root it and then take the OTA .621 update to keep root.

Update: After reading a response below to this post I decided to try and see if I could get root access with any new apps that were not installed prior to the .621 update and I have discovered that I cannot. So user trebuchet76 had the right suspicion that I didn't really have root anymore but rather the apps I had installed prior to the .621 update that had root kept it after the update but new apps will not get root access.
Last edited by sjmoreno; 27th February 2012 at 03:35 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjmoreno For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th February 2012, 01:58 AM |#9  
KMDonlon's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Hmmmm, that's odd....still wanting someone to confirm this was not an isolated incident.....
27th February 2012, 02:19 AM |#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmoreno

I was running stock .605 with root via the DROID 3 easy root script v7 and then did the the OTA update to .621 and after it was done and rebooted I still had root. If you're on stock .605 I would strongly recommend you root it via the DROID 3 easy root script v7 script (Google it) to root it and then take the OTA .621 update to keep root.

This sounds like bad info written all over it. The only sure fire way that I know of to keep root after OTA is Voodoo rootkeeper. Why risk it when there is no known root method for. 621 and no way to revert?

Sounds like to me, your previously allowed su requests are kept, but no new ones allowed.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium
Last edited by trebuchet76; 27th February 2012 at 02:25 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes