Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

[Q] Overclocking and vibrations

OP ziemny

26th February 2012, 02:24 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25

148 posts
More
Hey. I had some problems with vibrations recently - they did not want to work at all. Eventually, after installing a few roms and kernels, I had to give my phone to the repair service. They managed to fix the problem (or did they ? The phone had some better moments when the vibrations were broken, so maybe they just let it "rest" and found out that it's working again). Anyways, after a week or so, I have the same problem. I had my phone overclocked to 19-729Mhz with SmartassV2 governor. After restoring the default setting, after around 4 hours the phone has it's vibrations back. My question is - is there any connection between those two things ? Maybe the phone gets too much heat and somehow stops the vibrating thing ?

Regards
26th February 2012, 02:25 PM   |  #2  
Flag Malacca
Thanks Meter: 2,101

2,865 posts
More
Try full wipe...

Hit the THANKS button to support me!!

This mail was delivered to you using XDA Premium!
26th February 2012, 02:33 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

148 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucastan96

Try full wipe...

Hit the THANKS button to support me!!

This mail was delivered to you using XDA Premium!

Umm... you didn't quite get what I tried to say there. I fully wiped the phone countless times before when the problem appeared for the first time. Flashing new kernels and installing new ROMs did not help, so I gave the phone to the repair service. After a few days with my phone being overclocked I had the same situation as before. Now after I switched to default CPU settings, my vibrations are back after +/- 4 hours. Wiping data and cache has really nothing to do with it.

Regards
26th February 2012, 02:55 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 64

194 posts
More
So maybe it is just like You said - OC causes overheating and some connections on MOBO may not work due to temperature. What is the biggest OC without rebooting on Your mobile?
The Following User Says Thank You to Bolussimo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th February 2012, 03:00 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

148 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolussimo

So maybe it is just like You said - OC causes overheating and some connections on MOBO may not work due to temperature. What is the biggest OC without rebooting on Your mobile?

As I said in the 1st post, I managed to run it for a week with 729Mhz. Then the vibrations stopped working. I'll keep my phone on 600Mhz for a while and see if it's the issue.
26th February 2012, 07:22 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

148 posts
More
Unfortunately, after those few hours, my vibrations decided to stop working again. Guess it's time to give it to the repair service again...
26th February 2012, 10:48 PM   |  #7  
Flag Białystok
Thanks Meter: 97

342 posts
More
Well maybe try using different governor. Not for evveryone smartass works well

Wysłano z x8 dzięki Tapatalk i LewaOS
27th February 2012, 01:33 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

148 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by uremytoy

Well maybe try using different governor. Not for evveryone smartass works well

Wysłano z x8 dzięki Tapatalk i LewaOS

I installed the stock rom and stock kernel with SEUS and my vibrations are still broken so I'm quite sure it's hardware related. I checked the warranty card yesterday - it say's they only "updated" the software, even though I told them I've already done that twice before giving them the phone and I suggest checking the hardware... Phone's in the repair service again. I hope I'll get it next week and I hope they'll fix it this time.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread