Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,557 Members 53,227 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Overclocking and vibrations

Tip us?

ziemny
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Default [Q] Overclocking and vibrations

Hey. I had some problems with vibrations recently - they did not want to work at all. Eventually, after installing a few roms and kernels, I had to give my phone to the repair service. They managed to fix the problem (or did they ? The phone had some better moments when the vibrations were broken, so maybe they just let it "rest" and found out that it's working again). Anyways, after a week or so, I have the same problem. I had my phone overclocked to 19-729Mhz with SmartassV2 governor. After restoring the default setting, after around 4 hours the phone has it's vibrations back. My question is - is there any connection between those two things ? Maybe the phone gets too much heat and somehow stops the vibrating thing ?

Regards

lucastan96
Old
Thanks Meter 2096
Try full wipe...

Hit the THANKS button to support me!!

This mail was delivered to you using XDA Premium!

ziemny
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucastan96 View Post
Try full wipe...

Hit the THANKS button to support me!!

This mail was delivered to you using XDA Premium!
Umm... you didn't quite get what I tried to say there. I fully wiped the phone countless times before when the problem appeared for the first time. Flashing new kernels and installing new ROMs did not help, so I gave the phone to the repair service. After a few days with my phone being overclocked I had the same situation as before. Now after I switched to default CPU settings, my vibrations are back after +/- 4 hours. Wiping data and cache has really nothing to do with it.

Regards

Bolussimo
Old
Thanks Meter 64
So maybe it is just like You said - OC causes overheating and some connections on MOBO may not work due to temperature. What is the biggest OC without rebooting on Your mobile?
Xperia X8 black + MiniCM7
Xperia mini pro black + nAa 2.6.32.60 kernel + JellyVanilla 7.1 + 16GB Sandisk Ultra class10 microSDHC + Panasonic RP-HJE120 ergofit
The Following User Says Thank You to Bolussimo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ziemny
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolussimo View Post
So maybe it is just like You said - OC causes overheating and some connections on MOBO may not work due to temperature. What is the biggest OC without rebooting on Your mobile?
As I said in the 1st post, I managed to run it for a week with 729Mhz. Then the vibrations stopped working. I'll keep my phone on 600Mhz for a while and see if it's the issue.

ziemny
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Unfortunately, after those few hours, my vibrations decided to stop working again. Guess it's time to give it to the repair service again...

uremytoy
Old
Thanks Meter 95
Well maybe try using different governor. Not for evveryone smartass works well

Wysłano z x8 dzięki Tapatalk i LewaOS

ziemny
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by uremytoy View Post
Well maybe try using different governor. Not for evveryone smartass works well

Wysłano z x8 dzięki Tapatalk i LewaOS
I installed the stock rom and stock kernel with SEUS and my vibrations are still broken so I'm quite sure it's hardware related. I checked the warranty card yesterday - it say's they only "updated" the software, even though I told them I've already done that twice before giving them the phone and I suggest checking the hardware... Phone's in the repair service again. I hope I'll get it next week and I hope they'll fix it this time.