Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,957 Members 54,612 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How can i unlock my SGH-I717?

Tip us?

annylloyd
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] How can i unlock my SGH-I717?

Hi guys,
I am a noob here, but i know a little! i have a SGH-I717 and i cannot unlock it, i know i can do it through cellunlocker and sites like that but i wana do it without paying any money!
I've rooted the device thanks to Da_G and installed superuser and busybox, tried the galaxy s unlock app but it doesnt work, it gives an error when trying to save in step 1, so i tried locating the efs folder myself and i did, but i cant find the file nv_data.bin, does that file get created when i insert an at&t sim? i dont have one and i am not in the country now!

please any help with this is appreciated, i am dying to use the device and i cant, my flash counter is at 15 now i think and still i cant reach anything!

thanks

newdad
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Is all the aggravation really worth it? If I were you, I would just pay the 5-20 bucks, then enjoy the phone the way god intended it....functionally!!

Sent from my SGH-I717R using XDA App
The Following User Says Thank You to newdad For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

annylloyd
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Its so frustrating, and after doing all this and spending that much time i just cant give up now

annylloyd
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
So i guess no one has done it?

ssyed
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I have also tried to unlock it for free and nothing has worked so far. I guess the galaxy s unlocker app by helroz doesnt work since there is no NV_data.bin in the efs folder. I manually tried looking for it but no luck.

I've also paid cellunlock my $20 two days ago and no code yet. I'm kinda frustrated that can't use this phone.

If anyone knows where I can unlock this phone, even website, let me know please. Cheapest option of course.

shivup
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssyed View Post
i have also tried to unlock it for free and nothing has worked so far. I guess the galaxy s unlocker app by helroz doesnt work since there is no nv_data.bin in the efs folder. I manually tried looking for it but no luck.

I've also paid cellunlock my $20 two days ago and no code yet. I'm kinda frustrated that can't use this phone.

If anyone knows where i can unlock this phone, even website, let me know please. Cheapest option of course.
try ebay.. Search for galaxy note (your model number) unlock...starting from $20.. And they are more reliable i think.. Thanx

newdad
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Default unlock

mine is rogers, i got the code from ebay within 5 hours, cost me 5 bucks through paypal

rizig was the seller name.

ssyed
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdad View Post
mine is rogers, i got the code from ebay within 5 hours, cost me 5 bucks through paypal

rizig was the seller name.

Thanks a lot, found the seller! Really appreciate it!!!

annylloyd
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Does anyone know where the file nv_data.bin is? its not in the efs folder, i tried removing it and letting the device recreate the folder, and it did but no nv_data!!
i think i can find the code if i found the file

newdad
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssyed View Post
Thanks a lot, found the seller! Really appreciate it!!!
No problem! Glad to help!

Sent from my SGH-I717R using XDA App