Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more

Juice defender vs easy battery saver

OP nickdixon14

26th February 2012, 04:50 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

100 posts
Which one do you guys prefer

I unplugged my phone 5 minutes ago its already on 97%, any suggestions

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium
26th February 2012, 07:32 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 723

2,609 posts
Donate to Me
More
Neither, bit tend to interfere with advanced configs and from my experience power users tend to advoid them. However, juice defender seems to be the lesser of the two evils. Personally I undervolt and underclock and get far better results
26th February 2012, 08:05 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 625

1,064 posts
If you don't want to get into kernel changes (undervolting/underclocking), give JD a try. I've been using it for months and found, at least for me, a significant battery power savings using it. Spend the extra couple of bucks and get the JD Ultimate key.. it unlocks a bunch of features. With the same type of use I noticed about a 6 hr gain/day (was getting ~ 14hrs on a charge.. now anywhere from 20-24 hrs). There are many setting combinations, so you'll have to experiment what works best for you. I have it set to turn off the data connection when I'm on WiFi... and when my screen is off, have it set to turn off all radios (and while screen is off, you can set it to ping certain apps like gmail, facebook, etc just for a minute, then turn back off. It automatically will turn data on when you leave your Wifi area. You can also train it to turn on/off certain radios depending on your travels, time of day, use of certain apps, when battery gets to certain levels, etc. It has some cool widgets which show which radios are on/off and can be quickly toggled as well. Anyway, it takes a while to figure out what works best for your situation, but it is very flexible and has tons of features.
8th March 2012, 07:22 AM   |  #4  
Flag Jabriya
Thanks Meter: 4

20 posts
More
Contradictory to what I've been reading online about battery saving apps; I had GREAT results with easy battery saver. I know the app looks cheesy and the fact that i never heard about it before downloading from market.

Due to poor network signal at work, id barely have any charge left on my phone once i get out of work (8 hrs). this kind of apps really help.

JD seems to cause more conflicts/problems that it helped me, even if i turn off untested/expirmental. JD looks more sophisticated/advanced, it didn't work well with me.

The features which mainly effects battery life imo are:
1)Traffic scheduler
2)connectivty killer when screen is off.

These are must features for me, to get whatsapp msgs and email sync. and it seems that easy batter defender scheduler is more robust.

I usually choose to allow sync every 15 min with 30 sec window and connectivity killer to around 20kb/30s. I had bad results when letting the app manage my wifi connectivity based on location (remember wifi networks), better turn it off.

Other settings, screen timeout/brightness/UC/UV/cpu cores/deep_sleep/kernel/modem, must be explored to get max battery life.

Remember these apps will not help very much, if you are using your phone(i.e. screen is on). they work best when phone screen is turned off.

I'm currently using Battery XL from market to test it out.
8th March 2012, 09:29 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 49

459 posts
Another app worth looking at is Green Power. It also can shut off data and turn it on in intervals for emails, IMs, etc.
1st June 2013, 05:02 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 11

37 posts
They both are good options. I have used Juice Defender for several months and it is very good. I have installed Easy Battery Saver last week and it is also good. I only did the change from one app to another for trying
1st June 2013, 05:36 AM   |  #7  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 812

1,672 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by randa-76

They both are good options. I have used Juice Defender for several months and it is very good. I have installed Easy Battery Saver last week and it is also good. I only did the change from one app to another for trying

Dead thread is zombie. Also all battery saver apps are garbage.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
1st June 2013, 05:40 AM   |  #8  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,536

10,252 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by randa-76

I'm too tired to respond. But you do know this thread is over a year old, right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app
1st June 2013, 03:09 PM   |  #9  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 812

1,672 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneortheother

Seems like necroman was just looking for his ten posts. lol Like yours truely. I just have better style then to pull threads from the grave. Unless someone has already done it of course.

Useless post reported if you want your ten make them count please.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread