Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,757 Members 36,756 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] Revolver 4 by Gnufabio | 4.2.1 - IC421(G) | Sep 5 | TF101-TF101G-SL101 | Fast

Tip us?

mcbyte_it
Old
Thanks Meter 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrosky View Post
With the help of some other folks in another thread, I've found that if I downgrade my bootloader back to a honeycomb-version of the bootloader (8.6.5.6 in my testing), my random reboots and SODs seems to have stopped.
Ok, but with the old bootloader you cannot use the usb cable to sync with the pc. I can manage and prefer stability over usb but currently I am using ARHD v3.1.0, with the new bootloader and didn't have reboots in the past week.

Anyway, Asus is releasing soon an updated rom for the Prime, so maybe soon they will have one for our device too.

Device 1: OnePlus One 64GB (KK 4.4.2 | CM11s)
Device 2: Nexus 10 16GB (KK 4.4.4)
Other projects: ROM Stats v2.0 beta | weekly init.d scripts | Daily Free App @ Amazon (Europe SUPPORTED)

zziggy
Old
Thanks Meter 66

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokopopz View Post
Are you on 1.3 or 1.3.1? According to the change log, New bootloader is included in 1.3.1 to resolve an usb issue.

Hmm
So I have the new bootloader.
Went from Revolver HC to Revolver iCS 1.2, 1.3, 1.3.1

Maybe there was something good in 1.2 that made mine reboot free.

How can i check bootloader version?
SGS4 i9505 -Wanam KitKat 4.4 Nexus 7 2013

jtrosky
Old
Thanks Meter 963
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy2031 View Post

Hmm
So I have the new bootloader.
Went from Revolver HC to Revolver iCS 1.2, 1.3, 1.3.1

Maybe there was something good in 1.2 that made mine reboot free.

How can i check bootloader version?
Yes, if you installed Revolver 1.31, then you are on the new bootloader. you'll need to downgrade the bootloader at this point, since we suspect the new bootloader is causing the issues.

To check your current bootloader version, hold in Power & Vol- for 10 seconds - the bootloader version will be displayed there....

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

BULL3TPR00F
Old
Thanks Meter 140
Can someone please supply an update.zip of the original asus kernel in this rom.

thanks.

AllanJacques
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Please help me to downgrade my bootloader?
Ww version...

Motorola Timeport (First Mobile) > Motorola V300 (First camera phone) > SE W800 (Change of pace) > Nokia N95 (First Smartphone, best symbian ever) > Nokia N97 (Worst phone I've ever had!!!) > Nexus One (Android saved my life) > Samsung Galaxy S2 (Nice piece of hardware) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (Nice phone, a little too fragile) > Sony Xperia Z1

jtrosky
Old
Thanks Meter 963
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllanJacques View Post
Please help me to downgrade my bootloader?
Ww version...

Unless you really feel comfortable flashing and rooting, etc, you might just want to wait this out - we already have a few people testing and so far their results haven't been very good....

That being said, I'm not sure if my exact config has been tested by anyone yet:
- 8.6.5.6 bootloader (I "downgraded" by restoring stock Asus 8.6.5.6 ROM) - then I had to root and install custom recovery.
- 9.2.1.11 ICS (Revolver 4, version 1.3) - Installed via custom recovery installed above.

Can't imagine that I just happened to stumbled upon the only "magical" combination though, so I'm not sure what to think.

I know my TF is back to being stable after this process though. However, I still want to let stay running for another day or two, just to be 100% no more reboots occur, etc... Then, I can experiment a little more with different bootloaders and ICS versions to see if we can figure anything out....

BULL3TPR00F
Old
Thanks Meter 140
has anyone successfully replaced ChainsDD Superuser.apk with Chanfire's SuperSU on revolver 4.0?

ive been trying to but after installing supersu binary, it breaks root and i have to go back to superuser binary

billb23ok
Old
Thanks Meter 42

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by BULL3TPR00F View Post
has anyone successfully replaced ChainsDD Superuser.apk with Chanfire's SuperSU on revolver 4.0?

ive been trying to but after installing supersu binary, it breaks root and i have to go back to superuser binary
yeh same thing happened to me only i couldnt fix super user. flashing rom again over the broken one gave root again. worked on cm9 for my atrix but not revolver. it has to do with were the su is located.
Samsung Galaxy Note II I317

BULL3TPR00F
Old
(Last edited by BULL3TPR00F; 2nd April 2012 at 05:29 AM.)
Thanks Meter 140
yeah i figured, i guess we have to wait until after Easter weekend to see if gnufabio will switch to chainfires supersu app natively.

if you dont mind, can you try the instructions laid out in this post:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=434

that way we can confirm for sure that we cannot switch superuser apps on revolver rom without issues.

I tried that method but it always ended with the same result.

and if it does break root for you, flash this in CWM to get back working superuser + binary (instead of having to reflash the rom)
http://downloads.androidsu.com/super...ghi-signed.zip
The Following User Says Thank You to BULL3TPR00F For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wackydroid
Old
Thanks Meter 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by BULL3TPR00F View Post
yeah i figured, i guess we have to wait until after Easter weekend to see if gnufabio will switch to chainfires supersu app natively.
I hope he does...

I've been using Chainfire's SuperSU on my TF with Revolver 3.11.1, on my Evo4G with Synergy, and on my son's rooted Optimus S, and it's flawless.

The pro version has some awesome tweaks.

Galaxy Note2... running JLMancuso's awesome Community ROM Beta 1.1!!!
Transformer... Running Revolver 4.2.0 ICS w/ Guevor's v22.6 kernel
Brain... Running Amok
Using CHAINFIRE's SuperSU v2.01 on all!!!

Tags
fabio rules, tf101