Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[ROM] Revolver 4 by Gnufabio | 4.2.1 - IC421(G) | Sep 5 | TF101-TF101G-SL101 | Fast

OP gnufabio

3rd May 2012, 08:31 PM   |  #1951  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 100
 
2,003 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by majorassface

Do a google searh for CIFS ICS or something like that. There is one floating around here somewhere with all the modules you need and they work ok with ICS. You'll have to insmod but they work.

insmod is not a problem but I can't find it.
Where is it ?
is it a kernel or a module that I'm looking for ?
4th May 2012, 12:26 AM   |  #1952  
crzycrkr's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 203
 
1,409 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyG82

What is the issue with TB?

If restoring app and data from a previous android version you will likely see problems. I have experienced this on 5 separate devices since android 2.2. IIRC restoring to sub releases (4.0.3 - 4.0.4) shouldn't cause issues.

If it's unrelated then I appologise for interupting. Carry on ;)

I haven't had any issues whatsoever restoring apps and app data when flashing ICS on my phone or Transformer with MyBackupPro. That being said, it seems there's always something in the early builds of ICS for various devices that give TB problems. It'll get sorted.
4th May 2012, 01:08 AM   |  #1953  
Senior Member
Flag Providence
Thanks Meter: 26
 
826 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
More
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppzoid

I tried recording and everything works fine for me.

That's odd. I'm okay on old HC revolver but borked on ICS with sound recording.
4th May 2012, 05:17 AM   |  #1954  
zdalin2003's Avatar
Member
London, ON
Thanks Meter: 17
 
74 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crzycrkr

I haven't had any issues whatsoever restoring apps and app data when flashing ICS on my phone or Transformer with MyBackupPro. That being said, it seems there's always something in the early builds of ICS for various devices that give TB problems. It'll get sorted.

i also had problems with TB, and installing busybox solved it for me (i couldn't freeze or uninstall apps)
The Following User Says Thank You to zdalin2003 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th May 2012, 08:09 AM   |  #1955  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 368
 
278 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmrmrmr

insmod is not a problem but I can't find it.
Where is it ?
is it a kernel or a module that I'm looking for ?

An easier - from my perspective - solution is to download and flash another kernel eg guevor's test17c which has the cifs module.
The Following User Says Thank You to gbil For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th May 2012, 08:19 AM   |  #1956  
Junior Member
Flag Stuttgart
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2007
More
Is there something going on with Revolver Parts?
4th May 2012, 12:58 PM   |  #1957  
Senior Member
Flag Renton
Thanks Meter: 137
 
908 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martl74

Is there something going on with Revolver Parts?

See Changelog in Post #2
Last edited by nonmindo; 4th May 2012 at 01:03 PM.
4th May 2012, 01:09 PM   |  #1958  
Senior Member
Flag Bologna
Thanks Meter: 18
 
297 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2008
More
i think first fabio needs to optimize the rom...but now he has busy time

Inviato dal mio Transformer TF101 usando Tapatalk
4th May 2012, 01:37 PM   |  #1959  
Senior Member
Flag Regina
Thanks Meter: 60
 
269 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus-Prime

having a issue with Titanium backup, anybody else?

Its telling you SU does not have the correct permissions? Yes I had problems with it and other apps that needed root access. There was some discussion on this many pages back. There was a fix discussed along with many people saying just to ignore it and its not really a problem which is incorrect. SU in this rom is borked. The way to fix it is to get Busybox Installer from the Market and run it. It to will complain about not having root access but you need to run it a few times, maybe try restarting until it works. It will properly fix the SU problems.
4th May 2012, 08:40 PM   |  #1960  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 67
 
434 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by cholywell

Its telling you SU does not have the correct permissions? Yes I had problems with it and other apps that needed root access. There was some discussion on this many pages back. There was a fix discussed along with many people saying just to ignore it and its not really a problem which is incorrect. SU in this rom is borked. The way to fix it is to get Busybox Installer from the Market and run it. It to will complain about not having root access but you need to run it a few times, maybe try restarting until it works. It will properly fix the SU problems.

After having confirmed that Titanium Backup somehow has a problem on my Asus, I would like to confirm that these problems disappeared after installing "busybox installer" from "Google Play".

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
fabio rules, tf101
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes