Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Increase the Speaker Volume of Your Samsung Gear 2 with Tool and Tutorial

I think its pretty safe to say that any sound coming out of a … more

[Q] Can they tell it was rooted?

26th February 2012, 10:54 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 103

639 posts
More
My Thunderbold no longer can connect to WiFi. I unrooted and restored it to the stock ROM and took it to my VZW store, they said, "It's broken, we'll get you a new one."

So I'm waiting for the replacement to arrive, then I have to send mine back to them.

Can they tell it was rooted? I used Revolutionary and followed the proceedure here to unroot: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1310014

Booting into recovery shows: *** LOCKED *** <-in red
and shows MECHA XD SHIP S-ON <-in green

Am I OK? Anyone know for sure?

I'll do a reset and swap out the memory card and the SIM when the new phone comes so that'll be clean..... any more I can do?
26th February 2012, 11:19 PM   |  #2  
Flag Staten Island, NY
Thanks Meter: 96

513 posts
Donate to Me
More
You are fine. Anytime you unroot properly, they cannot tell....
The Following User Says Thank You to Jrocker23 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th February 2012, 10:44 AM   |  #3  
Flag Idaho
Thanks Meter: 16

69 posts
More
Sent my phone back shortly after i rooted the first time and they had no idea... And if they did know they didn't care... Either way you are good... Most of the evidence would show up on your sdcard and you don't send that back anyway.. if you are just format it before sending it off.

Sent from my HTC Mecha using Tapatalk
5th March 2012, 01:03 AM   |  #4  
Port Saint Lucie
Thanks Meter: 251

1,147 posts
Donate to Me
they can tell if its rooted but if you unroot your phone to stock I don't believe they can tell. But, I don't know about not sending in your sd card. I know that all I'm sending back is the phone with its sd, and sim card that's it. I got my replacement. Last thing I want at the end of the month is to find out that theres a fee because I broke my warranty.
5th March 2012, 02:35 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 3

74 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny quest

they can tell if its rooted but if you unroot your phone to stock I don't believe they can tell. But, I don't know about not sending in your sd card. I know that all I'm sending back is the phone with its sd, and sim card that's it. I got my replacement. Last thing I want at the end of the month is to find out that theres a fee because I broke my warranty.

keep your sd card with all of your stuff on it, and send the fresh one back to them
6th March 2012, 04:13 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 103

639 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _highway_

keep your sd card with all of your stuff on it, and send the fresh one back to them

Your replacement will come with NO battery, NO SIM and NO sd card. The instructions will tell you to NOT send the battery, SIM or SD card back, just the bare phone.

I know because I just got mine, if you sent 'em your SD card you'll need to buy another.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread