Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[ROOT/UNROOT/Custom Recoveries/Kernels/Roms] AT&T Galaxy Note ONLY!/ No Flash Counter

OP roloracer

27th February 2012, 10:53 PM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kissimmee
Thanks Meter: 650

2,738 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukic

Oh, cwm itself increases it....

Yes you're replacing the stock recovery with a custom recovery, even when is available thru Rom manager as an official version of cwm, is still considered a custom recovery. Even the stock modified replacement recovery in here it will come up as custom when you flash it and will trip the flash counter if Im correct.

Sent from my awesome Galaxy Note!
The Following User Says Thank You to roloracer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th February 2012, 11:16 PM   |  #12  
Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Dallas, TX
Thanks Meter: 7,006

5,168 posts
Donate to Me
I assume this is doable via heimdall, correct? It looks like it's just a system image, which can be flashed with Heimdall.

Edit: Heimdall doesn't work on the Galaxy Note. Sad day.
Last edited by sixstringsg; 28th February 2012 at 02:40 AM.
28th February 2012, 02:37 AM   |  #13  
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 3

19 posts
Donate to Me
When I follow the directions to root my device my entire computer freezes once I press start. This is happening when I try to root using Da_G's method or the method from this thread. All the help I can get would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
28th February 2012, 02:59 AM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kissimmee

2,738 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonblaine23

When I follow the directions to root my device my entire computer freezes once I press start. This is happening when I try to root using Da_G's method or the method from this thread. All the help I can get would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

there must be something wrong with your pc, you're the first person that I hear is having issues with odin, make sure the drivers are properly working.
28th February 2012, 03:02 AM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 52

954 posts
I may wait a bit before I root but if I was to use this method I or we wont have any issues flashing roms once they come available right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk
28th February 2012, 03:14 AM   |  #16  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kissimmee

2,738 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nash2000

I may wait a bit before I root but if I was to use this method I or we wont have any issues flashing roms once they come available right?

No, this is a system root to be able to have root on the stock rom and avoid tripping the flash counter, if you flash a rom I'm pretty sure you will loose this root, but if you are planning on flashing a rom and the counter is not a concern then you need the perm-root in DA_G thread.

28th February 2012, 03:26 AM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 52

954 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roloracer

No, this is a system root to be able to have root on the stock rom and avoid tripping the flash counter, if you flash a rom I'm pretty sure you will loose this root, but if you are planning on flashing a rom and the counter is not a concern then you need the perm-root in DA_G thread.

Oh, I thought this method would allow root and flashing of roms without tripping the counter. So there is no fix for the counter? I've read posts off people asking how to remove trips etc. So in a nut shell if you are planning on flashing roms at this time there is no fix for the counter so use the other root method?

28th February 2012, 10:08 AM   |  #18  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kissimmee

2,738 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nash2000

Oh, I thought this method would allow root and flashing of roms without tripping the counter. So there is no fix for the counter? I've read posts off people asking how to remove trips etc. So in a nut shell if you are planning on flashing roms at this time there is no fix for the counter so use the other root method?

no only this root won't, once you go flashing custom roms/kernels/recoveries it will trip the counter as of now, hopefully soon there will be a way to fix this.
28th February 2012, 05:21 PM   |  #19  
Flag los angeles
Thanks Meter: 55

1,907 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by roloracer

no only this root won't, once you go flashing custom roms/kernels/recoveries it will trip the counter as of now, hopefully soon there will be a way to fix this.

can u help me with my situation i am trying to flash this in oden but it just hangs there is this because of my flashing the cwm recovery , i thought that it might be so i tried to reflash the stock recovery and now that just hangs , everything shows as connected in device manager on this pc which is a clean xp ...also it boots up fine
28th February 2012, 10:14 PM   |  #20  
Flag Tampa, Florida
Thanks Meter: 549

675 posts
More
Worked like a charm on the first go around.

Thanks rolo! +1

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread