FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

[ROOT/UNROOT/Custom Recoveries/Kernels/Roms] AT&T Galaxy Note ONLY!/ No Flash Counter

2,791 posts
Thanks Meter: 671
 
By roloracer, Senior Member on 26th February 2012, 11:19 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
5th April 2012, 10:04 PM |#221  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 31
 
More
XDA is no longer worth my time.
Last edited by TimOster; 21st March 2013 at 09:00 PM.
 
 
7th April 2012, 12:43 AM |#222  
jes24cap's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
Just got this phone now it's time for root. Thanks for the guide seems easy will report after flashing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA
10th April 2012, 12:39 AM |#223  
renegaderon's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Gautier, Mississippi
Thanks Meter: 93
 
More
Links are down
10th April 2012, 02:00 AM |#224  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Unhappy
Any mirrors available?
10th April 2012, 11:21 AM |#225  
roloracer's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Kissimmee
Thanks Meter: 671
 
More
Sorry about the links being down, I just noticed and will try to get it fixed as soon as I can.

RoloRacer on ICS Galaxy Note!
10th April 2012, 07:39 PM |#226  
Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Just got my Galaxy Note and would love to root it as soon as possible with this method that doesn't increase the flash counter. Does anyone have an uploaded mirror download of the main mediafire from page one? I have not been able to find any other method that doesn't trip the flash counter or any other downloadmirror of the files used in this thread.

Thanks!
10th April 2012, 07:42 PM |#227  
jpeg42's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oregon
Thanks Meter: 250
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbradd2

Just got my Galaxy Note and would love to root it as soon as possible with this method that doesn't increase the flash counter. Does anyone have an uploaded mirror download of the main mediafire from page one? I have not been able to find any other method that doesn't trip the flash counter or any other downloadmirror of the files used in this thread.

Thanks!

You can reset your flash counter now, so this really shouldn't be a concern if you need to return the phone:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1569206
The Following User Says Thank You to jpeg42 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th April 2012, 07:49 PM |#228  
Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeg42

You can reset your flash counter now, so this really shouldn't be a concern if you need to return the phone:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1569206

Well then that makes it a lot easier. Now then my question is, say I root and then use the counter tool to get my flash down to zero, I will need to flash again to get to stock ATT rom correct? Won't unrooting and flashing the stock ATT trigger the counter back to one?
10th April 2012, 08:19 PM |#229  
jpeg42's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oregon
Thanks Meter: 250
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbradd2

Well then that makes it a lot easier. Now then my question is, say I root and then use the counter tool to get my flash down to zero, I will need to flash again to get to stock ATT rom correct? Won't unrooting and flashing the stock ATT trigger the counter back to one?

Good question, and braway did give an outline for this in the reset counter thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=128

Edit: and gosh, sorry to disrespect the OP of this thread! he has a great outline too:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=133
14th April 2012, 05:26 PM |#230  
Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
Lightbulb
Would somebody who has the unroot tar file be willing to email it to me or upload it somewhere? I'll stalk you with Thanks clicks if you do.

Or it's possible I have it. What is the name of the unroot tar file? Is it pda-odin-att-stock.tar? (the 800MB file)

EDIT: I see roloracer has updated his links, thanks rolo! I tried to thank you on multiple posts, but it only allowed me one.

Thanks also to thehelio who emailed me a link to the file...
Last edited by demigodchewtoy; 15th April 2012 at 05:58 AM.
15th April 2012, 04:23 PM |#231  
roloracer's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Kissimmee
Thanks Meter: 671
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by demigodchewtoy

Would somebody who has the unroot tar file be willing to email it to me or upload it somewhere? I'll stalk you with Thanks clicks if you do.

Or it's possible I have it. What is the name of the unroot tar file? Is it pda-odin-att-stock.tar? (the 800MB file)

EDIT: I see roloracer has updated his links, thanks rolo! I tried to thank you on multiple posts, but it only allowed me one.

Thanks also to thehelio who emailed me a link to the file...

Yes I've been busy with my day to day stuff and my laptop crapped out with an issue dualbooting ubuntu 64bit, but my friend thehelio will be hosting the files I just got to update the links to the new server since mediafire is being pain with the traffic from the files.

RoloRacer on ICS Galaxy Note!
Last edited by roloracer; 15th April 2012 at 04:26 PM.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes