Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,807 Members 51,932 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROOT/UNROOT/Custom Recoveries/Kernels/Roms] AT&T Galaxy Note ONLY!/ No Flash Counter

Tip us?

TimOster
Old
(Last edited by TimOster; 21st March 2013 at 09:00 PM.)
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 31
XDA is no longer worth my time.

jes24cap
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Just got this phone now it's time for root. Thanks for the guide seems easy will report after flashing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA

renegaderon
Old
Thanks Meter 68

DONATE TO ME
Links are down

gpzeroone
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Any mirrors available?

roloracer
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 646
Sorry about the links being down, I just noticed and will try to get it fixed as soon as I can.

RoloRacer on ICS Galaxy Note!
. Did I help you? Hit the thanks button!

Samsung Galaxy Note 3: Dynamic Kat! NC2 - 4.4.2
Samsung Galaxy Note: [ROM] JBSandwich CM9
Nexus 10: [ROM] ThunderKat 4.4.2

badbradd2
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Just got my Galaxy Note and would love to root it as soon as possible with this method that doesn't increase the flash counter. Does anyone have an uploaded mirror download of the main mediafire from page one? I have not been able to find any other method that doesn't trip the flash counter or any other downloadmirror of the files used in this thread.

Thanks!

jpeg42
Old
Thanks Meter 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbradd2 View Post
Just got my Galaxy Note and would love to root it as soon as possible with this method that doesn't increase the flash counter. Does anyone have an uploaded mirror download of the main mediafire from page one? I have not been able to find any other method that doesn't trip the flash counter or any other downloadmirror of the files used in this thread.

Thanks!
You can reset your flash counter now, so this really shouldn't be a concern if you need to return the phone:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1569206
GALAXY NOTE SGH-i717 - Padawan JB || 4.1.2
The Following User Says Thank You to jpeg42 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

badbradd2
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeg42 View Post
You can reset your flash counter now, so this really shouldn't be a concern if you need to return the phone:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1569206
Well then that makes it a lot easier. Now then my question is, say I root and then use the counter tool to get my flash down to zero, I will need to flash again to get to stock ATT rom correct? Won't unrooting and flashing the stock ATT trigger the counter back to one?

jpeg42
Old
Thanks Meter 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbradd2 View Post
Well then that makes it a lot easier. Now then my question is, say I root and then use the counter tool to get my flash down to zero, I will need to flash again to get to stock ATT rom correct? Won't unrooting and flashing the stock ATT trigger the counter back to one?
Good question, and braway did give an outline for this in the reset counter thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=128

Edit: and gosh, sorry to disrespect the OP of this thread! he has a great outline too:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=133
GALAXY NOTE SGH-i717 - Padawan JB || 4.1.2

demigodchewtoy
Old
(Last edited by demigodchewtoy; 15th April 2012 at 05:58 AM.)
Thanks Meter 19
Would somebody who has the unroot tar file be willing to email it to me or upload it somewhere? I'll stalk you with Thanks clicks if you do.

Or it's possible I have it. What is the name of the unroot tar file? Is it pda-odin-att-stock.tar? (the 800MB file)

EDIT: I see roloracer has updated his links, thanks rolo! I tried to thank you on multiple posts, but it only allowed me one.

Thanks also to thehelio who emailed me a link to the file...