Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,480 Members 54,203 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MODPACK] [4/05] SUPREME Mods v1.5 [Faster UI, WiFi, and Longer Battery]

Tip us?

rohan32
Old
(Last edited by rohan32; 22nd April 2012 at 01:09 AM.) Reason: Updated 4/05 with TONS of new features!
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 5,039

DONATE TO ME
Default [MODPACK] [4/05] SUPREME Mods v1.5 [Faster UI, WiFi, and Longer Battery]

SUPREME Mods v1.5
For CM9/ICS!

FEATURES:
Code:
-wifi speed increases
-changed bluetooth name to "Touchpad"
-increased quality of photos and videos
-added initial dalvik heapsize for better start up
-changed the wifi scan interval to 180 (save battery when not connected to wifi)
-kernel tweaks for less debugging/more RAM
-higher events per second for the window manager (smoother scrolling)
-overall performance boost and responsiveness increase with higher cache values
-disable sending usage data (not sure if functional but it was a property listed in the documentation)
-deeper sleep during the night hours for better battery life
-disables error checking
-faster media streaming
-changed device info to that of a SGH-T989 from Samsung so most Gameloft games are compatible to download the SD files
-270 degree rotation
-uses image dithering for faster performance
-keeps launcher in memory for faster launcher performance
-better battery management in terms of percentage and associated kernel actions
-better sqlite management for apps
-faster app switching between google apps
-defragmentation of database files
-cleaner of temporary files at bootup that are no longer in use
If you want support, either post here or ask me on twitter: http://twitter.com/rohanXm

COMPATABILITY: Tested on Cyanogenmod Alpha 2 and the CM9 nightlies, may/may not work on other ROMs!
If you install this with ROMs other than CM9, then you will see many side effects in the Settings app, such as it displaying you are running CM9 when really you are running some other ROM. The build.prop is built off of the latest official nightly, 20120404.

Quote:
DOWNLOAD:
Choose the DPI you want and download the respective one!
160 DPI: supreme-rohan-v1.5-160dpi.zip
120 DPI: supreme-rohan-v1.5-120dpi.zip
If you don't know what DPI is, download the 160 DPI version.

DOWNLOAD IS HERE: http://goo-inside.me/devs/rohan/tend...SUPREME%20Mods
Current version is v1.5

Quote:
INSTRUCTIONS

WARNING: Make a nandroid backup before downloading this!
If something goes wrong (even though it has been tested numerous times) its always good to have a backup! I am not responsible for anything that happens to your device as a result of this!

1. Download the .zip from goo-inside.me linked below
2. Reboot into ClockworkMod
3. Install zip from SD Card -> Browse for zip you just downloaded
4. Wipe Dalvik cache (in advanced menu)
4. Reboot
5. Heres the decision point: you can either end here, or you can continue on to install the V6 ICS Supercharger script. The process is a little bit involved, so if you don't want to continue, you don't have to. I reccomend you do continue though, as the Supercharger script makes a very big difference in terms of speed! For those of you who choose not to continue, thanks for installing the SUPREME Modpack! Enjoy your Touchpad! For those that want the ICS Supercharger too, continue below!
================================================== =====
6. Download the latest Supercharger script from this post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=991276 to your /Download folder (the file is called "V6_SuperCharger_for_Android-update8.sh.txt") (Note: the name might change if a new release of the script comes out)
7. Continuing to install the supercharger script... open up a file manager and rename the file to get rid of the .txt extension (so that it becomes a .sh extension)
8. Open up the app called Terminal Emulator on your Touchpad. If its not already installed (it should have come with CM9) then just install it from the market.
7. In the Terminal, type the following.
Code:
su
Then accept the Superuser request that opens up.
8. Then type:
Code:
sh /Download/V6_SuperCharger_for_Android-update8.sh
(Note: the name might change if a new release of the script comes out)
9. The screen will display some text as the script loads up. Be patient and wait.
10. After loading, it will come to a thing where it detects what launcher you are running. Press the enter key to confirm your launcher.
11. The script will do some more stuff and then ask for what type of scrolling you want. Type in "1" without quotes to confirm you want fast scrolling to make the install process quicker and then press enter.
12. It will do some more stuff and then ask about integration. Type "y" without quotes confirming you want integration and then press enter.
13. It will do some more stuff and then ask about animations. Type "y" without quotes confirming you want to disable the animation and then press enter.
14. It will do some more stuff and then ask about what type of Supercharger you want. Type "9" without quotes confirming you want the highest and most aggressive tweaks (they work the best for the Touchpad) and then press enter.
15. The script will finish up and then ask if you want to super clean your system. Type "y" without quotes and then press enter. Your system will reboot.
16. Go to this link: http://android.mimic.ca/
17. Upload your services.jar file from the /system/framework/ directory
18. Patch the file using the online patcher
19. Download the CWM file it gives you (the .zip). Don't worry about what it says about being for Nexus S.
20. Reboot to recovery and flash the CWM file it just gave you.

Congrats, you have the SUPREME Modpack and the ICS Supercharger scripts installed! Reboot normally and enjoy!

To update, just follow the same instructions as the install directions! You will also need to install every time you install a new ROM.

Changelog:

4/05: -Removed the ICS Supercharger script as its creator respectfully asked for it to be removed from the package. You may still install it separately though using the instructions I posted though.
-Cleaned up the init.d file thanks to tweaks made by archrival

4/1: -Includes the ICS Supercharger Script from zepplinrox! Original thread is here: http://forum.xda-dev...44#post16635544
-Cleaned up the init.d tweak file and removed conflicting code
-Updated the build.prop to the latest official nightly
-Added database defragmentation
-Added removal of temporary system files at bootup

3/10: -MANY new tweaks!
-Fixed some wifi issues due to some unruly init.d tweaks
-faster app switching between google apps

3/3: -Added an init.d tweak file!
-270 degree rotation
-uses image dithering for faster performance
-keeps launcher in memory for faster launcher performance
-attempts to always keep the home button on
-better battery management in terms of percentage and associated kernel actions
-kernel tweaks for less debugging/more RAM

2/27: -Added comments to build.prop file so that you guys can customize it easier if you want to
-increased quality of photos and videos
-added initial dalvik heapsize for better start up

2/26: -Initial release
The Following 57 Users Say Thank You to rohan32 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

slyr114
Old
Thanks Meter 59
this sounds amazing but i am just wondering if i could edit this so it doesnt touch the dpi at all? i use 132 right now and dont want to mess with it, other then that this sounds amazing
Direct link to my gallery of native Touchpad resolution wallpapers: Here
Link to relevant Reddit post about my gallery with instructions on how to set them without any crop or blur: Here

freaktractor
Old
Thanks Meter 0
First time posting in the touchpad forums...

I applied this mod and attempted to install 9mm but still got a "not compatible with this device" error. Unless I'm in error of some sorts I believe this game still has issues running on our devices. I at least had to give this a shot to maybe see if it would help with me getting this game installed.

Nonetheless excellent work and thank you for your contribution!

Phone:Samsung T889
Carrier:T-Mobile
ROM: Kit Kat 4.4

follow me on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/freaktractor

rohan32
Old
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 5,039

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyr114 View Post
this sounds amazing but i am just wondering if i could edit this so it doesnt touch the dpi at all? i use 132 right now and dont want to mess with it, other then that this sounds amazing
I added the build.prop text in the OP near the bottom, in a pastebin link. Copy the text from there, paste it into your build.prop, and then find the line for the density and edit that back to 132 before saving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freaktractor View Post
First time posting in the touchpad forums...

I applied this mod and attempted to install 9mm but still got a "not compatible with this device" error. Unless I'm in error of some sorts I believe this game still has issues running on our devices. I at least had to give this a shot to maybe see if it would help with me getting this game installed.

Nonetheless excellent work and thank you for your contribution!
I don't own the game so I was not able to test it, sorry! I know this change has worked for Modern Combat 3, Asphalt, and a couple other games. I will look into making 9mm work, since this might be a problem across multiple games!

dude2k5
Old
Thanks Meter 260
Testing now, will let you know how it goes over the next few days

JohnKoffee
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
apply dalingrin's 120dpi
Sorry for the n00b question, but how do you apply this ? By just installing the Alpha 2 or is there a standalone zip ?

HansTWN
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnKoffee View Post
Sorry for the n00b question, but how do you apply this ? By just installing the Alpha 2 or is there a standalone zip ?
Install the zip file from the link in the first post in clockwork recovery mode after you have installed Alpha 2.

LinuxNewb
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I'm on Classicnerd Butta 0.1.1-v3.2 and will definitely flash this at work to test it out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA App
------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S1
Samsung Galaxy S2 SkyRocket
**Samsung Galaxy S4**
------------------------------------------------------

Mr.Quipster
Old
(Last edited by Mr.Quipster; 27th February 2012 at 08:12 AM.)
Thanks Meter 25
Im really looking forward to a smoother scrolling experience. I love my tp immensely but I've always found the very subtle studder of scrolling to be a little displeasing when it comes to scrolling in between home screens. Does this "smooth scrolling" enhancement effect web browsing scrolling?
I am definitely going to give this a shot bud, brb with thoughts and opinions. Thanks again for your work in this community.

---------- Post added at 03:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 AM ----------

Anyone have a link to dilinger's 120dpi fix?

bentech4u
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Unhappy Please help me to fix usb storage fix

Please help me to fix usb storage fix.Because when i connecting my touchpad to computer, nothing is happening.Touchpad memory is not opening.

i tried turning off developer mod.then also same.How to fix this

please help me

thanks