Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,583 Members 39,881 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Does the quad-core HTC One X support AWS bands?

Tip us?

carrot34
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Default [Q] Does the quad-core HTC One X support AWS bands?

Hi, I'm seeing conflicting information on whether the quad-core (international) HTC One X supports T-Mobile US's AWS bands. Engadget and other sites are reporting that it does. But HTC's own specs don't mention it.

Does anyone have any light to shed on this?

Thanks, Alan

techsnapr
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Default Yes, HTC One X will support Tmobile's AWS band

Hi, as we do know the T-Mobile HTC One X will debut in early April, for a yet to be released date, though T-Mobile didn't provide exact release date. As you mentioned that HTC' site doesn't give any clue whether it will support AWS band or not. We can say that it will be updated soon for sure, as well as T-Mobile reveals a release date. We suspect that HTC didn't show T-Mobile AWS band as the device is only available for pre-order from various retailers, so it will update it soon as well as T-Mobile reports.

cb474
Old
Thanks Meter 102
I'd really like to know the answer to this question also. To add to the confusion, HTC's site for the AT&T version of the One X (Called the One XL) does show that it will support AWS: www.htc.com/us/products/htconex-att#tech-specs

It doesn't make a lot of sense to me why the AT&T specific version would support AWS for T-Mobile (never seen that before in an AT&T specific phone). In the past it was usually the international version that supported AWS. I don't see any of the various phone/gadget blogs mentioning this about the AT&T version either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by techsnapr View Post
Hi, as we do know the T-Mobile HTC One X will debut in early April, for a yet to be released date, though T-Mobile didn't provide exact release date. As you mentioned that HTC' site doesn't give any clue whether it will support AWS band or not. We can say that it will be updated soon for sure, as well as T-Mobile reveals a release date. We suspect that HTC didn't show T-Mobile AWS band as the device is only available for pre-order from various retailers, so it will update it soon as well as T-Mobile reports.
I don't understand what you're talking about here. There's no T-Mobile HTC One X. T-Mobile is getting the One S (the lesser midrange handset). That's what was announced at MWC this week, to appear in the spring.

cb474
Old
(Last edited by cb474; 29th February 2012 at 10:20 AM.)
Thanks Meter 102
For what it's worth, here's a rumor that T-Mobile will get the HTC One X in the summer (with the Tegra 3 quad-core cpu and stock Android even).

http://www.androidandme.com/2012/02/...quad-core-cpu/

NardVa
Old
(Last edited by NardVa; 2nd March 2012 at 01:51 PM.)
Thanks Meter 55
I'm wondering myself does Tegra 3 Quad core support AWS band and if so does it support HSPA +42 or HSPA +21? Also is it the One X Terga coming to Tmobile Usa or One XL Snapdragron coming to Tmobile USA? Like another poster said the HTC website shows the AWS band for One XL under AT&T but no AWS band for One X under international version.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using xda premium

NardVa
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Come to think about it somebody posted the build prop file for the HTC Endeavor aka HTC One X and it did not list compatibility with AWS band.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using xda premium

nickmgray
Old
Thanks Meter 54
This is a bit of speculation on my part, but it could be that AT&T ordered the HTC One X to be compatible with T-Mobile's AWS since they predicted that the merge was going to go through. Lets not forget that AT&T and T-Mobile do have new roaming agreements after the merger fell through.
Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/htcsource

cb474
Old
(Last edited by cb474; 11th March 2012 at 03:34 AM.)
Thanks Meter 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmgray View Post
This is a bit of speculation on my part, but it could be that AT&T ordered the HTC One X to be compatible with T-Mobile's AWS since they predicted that the merge was going to go through. Lets not forget that AT&T and T-Mobile do have new roaming agreements after the merger fell through.
That makes a lot of sense. Seems plausible.

Don't know if it means anything, but GSMArena now lists the AT&T One X as having AWS (I assume they probably just pulled it from the HTC site and I do find that GSMArena's stats can be a little unreliable):

www.gsmarena.com/htc_one_x_at&t-4614.php

I'd hate to have to have an AT&T branded phone to get AWS though. I like the unbranded phones.

Hmm. There's also this story, from yesterday (and spreading rapidly), that quad-core variant of the One X has cleared the FCC, headed to an unknown carrier:

http://www.pocketnow.com/android/qua...-fcc-certified

And this rumor from a week ago that T-Mobile will get a stock Android version of the One X:

http://www.androidandme.com/2012/02/...quad-core-cpu/

gwuhua1984
Old
Thanks Meter 26
From what I read this morning, international version of the One X will be with AT&T. Therefore, the chance of One X being available on T-Mobile dropped, but its not for sure until CTIA in May. Hopefully they'll announce something.

Other than that, T-Mobile customer may be able to use international version of the One X on T-Mobile someday. Since T-Mobile may or may not be refarming their 1900 GSM spectrum. If they do refarm it to 1900 UMTS, then I'll be one happy T-Mobile customer.

cb474
Old
Thanks Meter 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwuhua1984 View Post
From what I read this morning, international version of the One X will be with AT&T.
Where are you getting this? It's well known the AT&T is not getting the international version, but rather a different version with a Qualcomm dual-core processor, to accomodate AT&T's LTE network. Even HTC's own website list's a separate AT&T version of the One X, from the international version.

Also, if you look earlier in this thread, the AT&T version in the specs on HTC's website support's T-Mobile's AWS frequencies. So there may be more than one avenue to get a One X that works on T-Mobile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwuhua1984 View Post
Therefore, the chance of One X being available on T-Mobile dropped, but its not for sure until CTIA in May.
Again, where are you reading this? Can you provide a link to the information?

Tags
aws, htc, one x, t-mobile