Yes, it is. It's likely that the reason you can't get the OTA is due to the fact that you are debloated. So, you have a couple of options, here.
1. Go to http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1316769
and get DL17 Factory stock rom+radio+kernel (odex) all in one odin flash: Here [unzip to get an odin img]
You might as well get the recovery.bin and red update.zip in the first section while you are there. You will need them later.
2. Flash that in Odin, then attempt the OTA.
NOTE: Flashing this rom will wipe data, so back up anything you want to keep.
3. (AFTER THE OTA TAKES) Go to http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1500149
and get that ROM.
4. put that ROM, and the update.zip (If it's not already on your card) on the root of your sdcard.
5. Flash recovery bin in ODIN, reboot OFF.
6. Boot into recovery, get into cwm, flash the rom, wipe dalvik, reboot.
Option 2. If you don't wanna do that, or the OTA doesn't work, is to go to
And get either the Heimdall full package, or Odin full package (whichever you are comfortable with) and the PIT file.
Flash whichever way you choose, Both are rooted with busybox. If you want to deodex (Must for flashing mods/themes) go through steps 4-6 above.