OP blackthund3r

27th February 2012, 08:36 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 421

563 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hi all!

First off, I'm new to xda Developers so please excuse me if this is in the wrong forum! I thought I'd post information about a tool I wrote here which roots stock 4.0.3 leak on the A500, A501 and assumingly the A200 too. Its literally one click - just enable USB debugging. "ICS Root" also installs, optionally, FaceLock and Trebuchet (although FaceLock doesn't want to work. It lets you set it up though =P)

Since version 5.0.1 this also now works with the new 0.022.00 leak!

The full post is over at TegraOwners: http://forum.tegraowners.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=350

The only real system requirements are Windows (with .Net Framework 4) and an Iconia on the stock 4.0.3 leak. I hope somebody finds this useful its been tested by myself and a couple of TegraOwners users and it works well.

In terms of the technique used, it uses the great Jay Freeman's mempodroid exploit to gain root at which point it mounts /system rw and installs su, busybox and Superuser.apk so no real surprises there. Installing Trebuchet adds that apk to /system/app and installing FaceLock installs the apk to /system/app before installing the pittpatt folder to the flexrom (mounted as /system/vendor). I plan to open source it when all the requested features have been implemented and the code has been cleaned up.

Thanks!

~blackthund3r

EDIT 14/05/2012: ICS Root 7 is out enjoy!

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk
Last edited by blackthund3r; 14th May 2012 at 03:31 PM.
The Following 43 Users Say Thank You to blackthund3r For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th February 2012, 10:26 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2

30 posts
cwm version?
why would it not work with cwm version?
The Following User Says Thank You to JeanBubu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th February 2012, 10:50 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 2

14 posts
With this tool does system remain writeable after rooting?
27th February 2012, 11:06 PM   |  #4  
Flag Quebec City
Thanks Meter: 73

259 posts
More
What about flashing CWM with acer recovery installer once rooted? I guess it would screw the bootloader...
27th February 2012, 11:14 PM   |  #5  
Flag Louisville
Thanks Meter: 519

2,422 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowsum

What about flashing CWM with acer recovery installer once rooted? I guess it would screw the bootloader...

If you are on the cwm with the HC boot loader it should work as Its Magic will be run..
if you are on the new boot loader as in the full non modded leak.. It will give you secure boot error ..
The new boot loader Blocks its magic.
28th February 2012, 03:10 AM   |  #6  
Flag Huntington Beach
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
More
Thanks
Hey this worked easy. I had to re-install USB drivers and make sure I had the latest from Google. Other then that, hit the button, wait about 1.5 minutes, and it rebooted! No problems thus far! Thanks Again!
28th February 2012, 07:58 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

563 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanBubu

why would it not work with cwm version?

It would but the cwm one, afaik, is prerooted?

28th February 2012, 12:20 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 73

243 posts
root doesnt work like its supposed to. i know its only half root due to the bootloader, but terminal emulator flat out says i'm not rooted after this despite sixasis working and titanium backup/root checker both saying i have root and busybox. i'm going to post this on TO as well for you incase you dont check here often.
28th February 2012, 06:27 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member

563 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nifterific

root doesnt work like its supposed to. i know its only half root due to the bootloader, but terminal emulator flat out says i'm not rooted after this despite sixasis working and titanium backup/root checker both saying i have root and busybox. i'm going to post this on TO as well for you incase you dont check here often.

That's storage cos terminal works for me and running su in an adb shell works great too.

Code:
pp_9@android:/ $ export PATH=/data/local/bin:$PATH
app_9@android:/ $ su
# exit
app_9@android:/ $ su
#
The Following User Says Thank You to blackthund3r For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th February 2012, 06:37 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member

563 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteamBishop

Hey this worked easy. I had to re-install USB drivers and make sure I had the latest from Google. Other then that, hit the button, wait about 1.5 minutes, and it rebooted! No problems thus far! Thanks Again!

You're welcome and I'm glad it worked!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread