SOME GUIDES REGARDING S-OFF AND FLASHING WILL BE ALLOWED IN DEVELOPMENT BUT MOST WILL BE LINKED TO THIS THREAD.
"COLLECTIONS", "REFERENCES" "LIBRARIES/INDEXES" and HOW TOS BELONG IN GENERAL SECTION.
- Try to keep the development forum CLEAN! No offtopic posting and no questions.
- Use the report button in an offending post to let us mods know we need to take action. Dont take matters into your own hands!!!
- Sources need to be posted for all kernels!!!
- You need to use TAGS like [ROM] or [KERNEL] and so on as used in all dev forums throughout XDA
- Any disputes between developers should be handled by pm. No public posting in a dev thread regarding these matters
- Rom issues should be discussed within their respective threads, or in a corrisponding Q&A thread
- Thread titles should ALWAYS coincide with ROMS ALREADY AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD!!! No advance notification of incoming ROM through thread title. A changelog for the yet unreleased Rom can be included in the OP or in another post CLEARLY MARKED as EXPECTED CHANGELOG
- Posting in the development section means automatic ACCEPTANCE of the above Rules
- Attention all Android Developers - GPL
- Forum Rules
- Forum Search
- Preset Google search for XDA Developers.
- [MOD][S-OFF] SuperCID Your Amaze!
- [UNBRICK] HTC Unbricking Project
- [Aroma installer] Generic
- [GUIDE][GBtoICS]FOR INTERNATIONAL/ASIAN VERSION/UNBRANDED Amaze Owners-Read1st
- [Guide][GBtoICS][T-Mobile] Instructions+Links
- [HOW TO] ROOT HTC RUBY / AMAZE 4G
- RE-Odex your custom ROM (Speed/RAM benefits and more)
- [S-OFF] Juopunutbear S-OFF for windows...
These are the determining factors:
~The following are most likely “Original Development”:
- Official releases of highly original and upstream custom ROMs (built from the ground up with significant original development within them
- Official releases/development of such original ROMs, perhaps posted by the maintainer or their nominated person.
- A significant “first” in development for a device. Significant is subjective, but it is likely something which took considerable time/effort, and is generally accepted by developers to be significant and non-trivial.
- Kernels which are built with beneficial changes that are not simply pulled from other kernels already available. Some element of original work is expected.
- Tools and utilities with a clear purpose, and which are well-made, and useful to users. They should have an element of originality, either in purpose or through significant improvement in the means of operation.
- Significant port of a ROM from one device to another, giving enhanced features or functionality to users of the target device. The port should be beneficial (a port from two virtually identical devices isn’t original development, it’s winzipping, and nobody really benefits from this, as it’s not development)
~The following are most likely not “Original Development”, and should be posted in the “Android Development” sub forum:
- Your own “unofficial” stock build of your favourite original, source-built (or otherwise) ROM, particularly where an official or maintainer-endorsed thread exists already.
- Minor derivatives of other ROMs with little or no changes, or ROMs consisting of “placebo” features as a main constituent or claim.
- Renames or rebadges of others’ work – these don’t belong on XDA at all! Refer to rule 12 for more information.
- Reposts of existing ROMs with small changes (i.e. kitchen work, such as adding a couple of apps). If you could realistically distribute your changes as an “addon pack” above and beyond a ROM, you should do so. In addition, your “ROM” would not be original development as it would be substantially identical to the original ROM.
- A thread created with unrealistic goals that are clearly unachievable by those starting the thread. This is not intended to discourage high aspirations, rather to prevent threads porting Windows Phone 8 to the HTC Wallaby. This is pretty much common sense.
- A ROM where a main or significant claim/feature is graphical changes to the user interface (ie. Themed ROM)
Forum section rules:
To help keep this forum section tidy and easy to use, here are some rules and guidelines.
- Only the following topics are allowed in the DEVELOPMENT area:
[DEV] - Development for any projects or Apps.
[ROM] - Custom ROMs.
[KERNEL] - Custom Kernels.
[MOD] - Hack & Modifications for the phone. (See below for more details)
[FIX] - Fixes for known issues & bugs.
[R&D] - Research & Development for Devs only, when gathering data for a new projects.
- Please keep all non Development relevant chatter out of development threads, It is recommended to make a separate thread in the Q&A section for non Development related comments and questions, valid replies within a development thread are: BUG Reports, Problem, Troubleshooting Steps & Logs.
- For more information on the Original Android Development section check out this portal post
- All kinds of Best Rom/Kernel/etc threads are unwelcome and they will be closed. Read, research and make your own mind up, as the question is very subjective.
- Please Include Screen Shots for ROM / MOD / THEME / Apps & Games, when possible as it's expected by our members.
- [MOD]'s that are primarily theming related or simply adjust stock application or framework functionality or behavior belong in the themes and apps section rather than the development section.
- Unmodified Stock ROM and Source Codes does not count as a DEVELOPMENT project unless it's part of an active project you have already started, and so should be posted in the general section.
- Placeholder threads posted in the development section will be removed or moved.
- Howto's and Guides should be posted in the general section.
- Password must be provided for all password protected files.
- Direct download links preferred, due to stipulations stated in forum rule #11
11. Don’t post with the intention of selling something.
- Don’t use XDA to advertise your product or service. Proprietors of for-pay products or services, may use XDA to get feedback, provide beta access, or a free version of their product for XDA users and offer support, but not to post with the intention of selling. This includes promoting sites similar/substantially similar to XDA-Developers.com.
- Do not post press releases, announcements, links to trial software, or commercial services. unless you’re posting an exclusive release for XDA-Developers.com.
- Encouraging members to participate in forum activities on other phone related sites is prohibited.
- Off-site downloads are permitted if the site is non-commercial and does not require registration.
- Off-site downloads from sites requiring registration are NOT encouraged but may be permitted if the following conditions are met:
A) the site belongs to a member of XDA-Developers with at least 1500 posts and 2 years membership who actively maintains XDA-Developers' support thread(s) / posts, related to the download,
B) the site is a relatively small personal website without commercial advertising/links (i.e. not a competitor forum-based site with purposes and aims similar to those of XDA-Developers.com.)
- Extra emphasis on rule #12
12. Using the work of others.
If you are developing something that is based on the work of another Member, you MUST first seek their permission, and you must give credit to the member whose work you used. If a dispute occurs about who developed / created a piece of work, first try to settle the matter by private message and NOT in open forum. If this fails then you may contact a moderator with clear evidence that the work was created by you.
Convincing evidence will result in copied work being removed. If there is no clear evidence you created the work then in the spirit of sharing all work will remain posted on the forums.
These rules apply to all software posted on XDA unless that software comes with a license that waives these rules.
- ... and Please! keep all your personal bickering via PMs, do not pollute the forum with your personal indifferences.
If you have a problem with a specific member please contact the Moderators for help, that's what we're here for, but we are not babysitters, we are here to gather, organize and provide useful information for our over priced phones
...for additional details please read the full Forum & Marketplace Rules
Thank you for your cooperation.