Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,426 Members 53,495 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] URGENT! d3 unlock question

Tip us?

wtf_lun4tic
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] URGENT! d3 unlock question

if i get my droid 3 unlocked, can i migrate my contacts from my at&t gsm sim card onto the d3? my previous phone doesn't have an sd slot, normal usb hookup, or any other option, and my carrier wants to charge me $50 to have my contacts migrated from the sim card to an sd (which i already own) to insert into my d3.

no fluff, please. don't answer unless you know, and i really only need a "yes" or "no." i need as fast an answer as possible!!

AragornPE
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Get another phone
Transfer the SIM card to the other phone
Copy your contacts there
Get your D3
Get your new SIM card and put it in the other phone
Copy your contacts back to your SIM card
Put it back inside your D3
You're done

Aren't you going to keep the old SIM card?
Nokia E50[stolen] -> Nokia 6120[deprecated] -> Nokia 6710 Navigator[R.I.P] -> Nokia X6[sold] -> Milestone 2 [R.I.P] -> Milestone 3[gift] -> Galaxy Note [R.I.P.] -> Galaxy Note 3 N9005
Rest in Pieces

wtf_lun4tic
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtf_lun4tic View Post
no fluff, please. don't answer unless you know, and i really only need a "yes" or "no." i need as fast an answer as possible!!
not possible. all i want to know is if the transfer will work. i do not want work arounds.

WILL IT WORK? Y/N?

AragornPE
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtf_lun4tic View Post
not possible. all i want to know is if the transfer will work. i do not want work arounds.

WILL IT WORK? Y/N?
Yes

/10char
Nokia E50[stolen] -> Nokia 6120[deprecated] -> Nokia 6710 Navigator[R.I.P] -> Nokia X6[sold] -> Milestone 2 [R.I.P] -> Milestone 3[gift] -> Galaxy Note [R.I.P.] -> Galaxy Note 3 N9005
Rest in Pieces
The Following User Says Thank You to AragornPE For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]