True Silent Mode for Lollipop – XDA Xposed Tuesday

The post True Silent Mode for Lollipop XDA Xposed Tuesday appeared first on … more

List of Edge Panel Compatible Apps

more

Google Announces Plans for Projects Titan, Loon and Link

The post Google Announces Plans for Projects Titan, Loon and Link appeared first on … more

Here’s What the HTC One M9 Camera Can Do

more
Post Reply

USB Host does nothing? :(

OP enp82003

28th February 2012, 02:28 AM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
145 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
I hate when they have a feature then take it away.... WTF is the reasoning behind it?! people would buy less Samsung laptops or something?! Arg... Now i wish i went with another brand...
28th February 2012, 02:49 AM   |  #12  
ImaWinRAR's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 163
 
738 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by im0rtalz

I thought usb host would have to be enabled by the kernel not just the rom. Such as how it works on the tmobile version by flashing a custom recovery kernel. Darkstar rom might support it, but it has to be done in the kernel also, but I may be wrong.

i actually think its the other way around. according to jamcar, its already present in the kernel. and i think because he saw that, he thought it would already be supported in his rom when it evidently is not (dont mean to put so much pressure on him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by enp82003

I hate when they have a feature then take it away.... WTF is the reasoning behind it?! people would buy less Samsung laptops or something?! Arg... Now i wish i went with another brand...

that is what everyones mind was flaming
The Following User Says Thank You to ImaWinRAR For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th February 2012, 05:25 AM   |  #13  
Member
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 37
 
87 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
To shed some light on this situation the international galaxy s2 has had this feature from day 1. It was also used in the marketing of the s2 as a feature Samsung was proud of. Long story short sprint had Samsung pull it from our device. I have no info as to why Sprint had them do this. Kind of like how Sprint had them pull the nfc chip without any explanation i guess...
28th February 2012, 06:59 AM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
145 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaKlown

To shed some light on this situation the international galaxy s2 has had this feature from day 1. It was also used in the marketing of the s2 as a feature Samsung was proud of. Long story short sprint had Samsung pull it from our device. I have no info as to why Sprint had them do this. Kind of like how Sprint had them pull the nfc chip without any explanation i guess...

Nfc chip? What is that?
28th February 2012, 07:04 AM   |  #15  
JohnCorleone's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Whittier,CA
Thanks Meter: 5,794
 
15,609 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by enp82003

Nfc chip? What is that?

Near Field Communication I believe. My NS4G has it. I believe you can transfer data wireless to nearby device....I think. I am never around anyone who also has it. I disable it because it does use battery...even though its not in use

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium
28th February 2012, 07:46 PM   |  #16  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
145 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Would it be possible to down grade my kernal or go to the eu version so i could get usb host support?
28th February 2012, 08:58 PM   |  #17  
Account currently disabled
Flag phoenix
Thanks Meter: 1,036
 
2,634 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by enp82003

Would it be possible to down grade my kernal or go to the eu version so i could get usb host support?

There is no EU version this is not a gsm phone .....cdma only can't use kernels from them

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
28th February 2012, 10:21 PM   |  #18  
Member
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 37
 
87 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by enp82003

Would it be possible to down grade my kernal or go to the eu version so i could get usb host support?

No you cant use a gsm kernel on a cdma phone but the usb host code is a part of android since honeycomb. ICS has it too. Hopefully it will get re-enabled once we have a stable ICS OTA.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes