5,600,612 Members 33,396 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][4.0.4] Slim ICS (T959) - Clean, Simple & Fast (54MB)

Tip us?

mmfxda
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaliscojorge View Post
Have you tried the ultimate kernel cleanup script from lippol94? That seemed to solve my problems due to prior kernel leftovers.

powered by Doc's V5
I assume this is what you meant 'http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=13224453'? If so, then no I haven't. And the link no longer works. Do you have a valid URL so that I can try it? I assume I can run it then flash essentials with out wiping out data?

The first time I flashed Slim 2.8 I did try "DarkSide Super Wipe ext4." But I don't think it did what it supposed to. So, I wiped everything manually and flashed.

krarvind
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 12721

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmfxda View Post
I assume this is what you meant 'http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=13224453'? If so, then no I haven't. And the link no longer works. Do you have a valid URL so that I can try it? I assume I can run it then flash essentials with out wiping out data?

The first time I flashed Slim 2.8 I did try "DarkSide Super Wipe ext4." But I don't think it did what it supposed to. So, I wiped everything manually and flashed.
did you format system as well?

Twitter
Google+
Facebook
USB Debugging:Here

NOTE: Search, Read, Produce a Logcat then report any Stock Slim Issues

jaliscojorge
Old
(Last edited by jaliscojorge; 9th March 2012 at 09:24 PM.)
Thanks Meter 61
Default kernel clean up script

Here it is mmfxda just flash with cwr and don't forget to be sure you have a kernel installed before you reboot.
For an emergency Backup;
Diamond
diaduit 1.9.6
Radio 1.15.25.14

T-mobile Vibrant
Bionix Fishmanmod

T-mobile GS3
Infamous v1.3
The Following User Says Thank You to jaliscojorge For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mmfxda
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by krarvind View Post
did you format system as well?
Yes, both times.
The Following User Says Thank You to mmfxda For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mmfxda
Old
Thanks Meter 25
I think I figured out something. It looks like if I leave GPS turned on but i am not using it, that is when I get the major battery drain. Battery stats does show that the OS is getting the majority of the juice when GPS is on. When I had GPS off, I got about 26 hours per charge with WIFI on and data is set to 2g only.

razorjaw
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Question rating / opinions?

anyone using this rom have opinions about how stable and speedy it is compared to bionix 1.3? i'm reluctrant to try ics on my main phone due to the vibrant having such low memory ( i hate runing below 100mb of free ram)

xtone
Old
Thanks Meter 353

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorjaw View Post
anyone using this rom have opinions about how stable and speedy it is compared to bionix 1.3? i'm reluctrant to try ics on my main phone due to the vibrant having such low memory ( i hate runing below 100mb of free ram)
stable. bionix doesn't even come close. free RAM can be set to not go down 100,80,75,50 MB.. etc. in performance tweaks.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA
Current Device

---Private Build---
ROM: Triple Helix Project 3.1
Kernel: Helix Kernel #23
Android Version: Kitkat 4.4.2

LINK : XDA "Hidden" Tips and "Secret" Tricks!

RoxAbout
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Thumbs up 2.8 ics

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaliscojorge View Post
Here it is mmfxda just flash with cwr and don't forget to be sure you have a kernel installed before you reboot.
Wow Really freaking nice...
a few things tho for the rest to follow...

I came from one of the other ics roms... and thought id run the script cleaner v4...

since I figured that if its just 70 meg id wanna be fresh...
well booya it didnt work! wth I was on Milestone v4 and lo and behold after the script cleaner ran and I installed v2.8... I booted back up with all my files /settings still working!... not that im complaining..mind ya... but hey so much for kernel cleaning...

v2.8 is nice.. the screen text is a lot smaller...
positive note my ffc camera works.. not sure if its a hang over or not...since the script cleaner didnt work...

still playing with stuff on it so hard to complain atm

ideas?

so far i like it

RoxAbout
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtone View Post
what ROM are you coming from? bootloops happen when there's a CWM mismatch.

your next step from the bootloop is to pull battery and go to recovery using the button combo depending on your bootloader. then reflash following per OP's instructions.
If you get the boot loops...you have to get back into recovery and
install vibrant essentials! then ur fixed...
in other words if you do not see the big G you need to flash essentials...

edecan
Old
Thanks Meter 2
thanx very very good

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe