5,604,367 Members 48,904 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Htc One s!

Tip us?
 
kwbdc
Old
#61  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 128
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: seattle, WA
Pulled a 4400 quadrant score with this. Its really nice although no expandable memory is a small drawback.
Current: Htc One S
ROM: Stock
Recovery: None yet

Previous:
HTC Amaze 4G S=Off
Samsung Galaxy Blaze 4G stock
Samsung Galaxy S II Rooted
MyTouch 4G Slide Stock
HTC Sensation S=OFF
Samsung Galaxy S 4G Rooted
Samsung Nexus S Rooted
LG G2x Rooted
Samsung Vibrant Rooted ROM: Bionix 1.3.1
MyTouch 4G CyanogenMod 7
G2 Rooted overclocked to 1.4ghz
Nexus One Rooted ROM: Cyanogen 6
HD2 Steve&Miri Elegancia ROM
Garminphone stock

 
klaoo
Old
#62  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cluj-Napoca
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwbdc View Post
Pulled a 4400 quadrant score with this. Its really nice although no expandable memory is a small drawback.
it says in your signature that you own a HTC One S... is that true ?

if yes, how's the battery life?
 
unclespoon
Old
#63  
unclespoon's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 128
Posts: 676
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
Wow 4400 stock is IMPRESSIVE!
Sony Ericsson T610
Nokia 6600
Motorola SLVR L9
Sony Ericsson K750
Motorola RIZR Z3
iPhone 2G
myTouch 4G
myTouch 4G Slide
Samsung Galaxy S II
Sony Tablet S
 
ChrisDDD
Old
#64  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 146
Posts: 489
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaaly View Post
Yes, i can unfortunately confirm that..tonight I went to the HTC party in Milan and I saw 9,93gb of free space for media and apps, that is certainly a real-breaker for me, 10gb bis not enough.
Wow, yea, that's pretty bad. I have about 8 gigs of stuff on my SD card between a few dozen MP3's, photos/videos, a few backups and 2 movies (for my son to watch when we're out). I suppose I could keep my current phone just for the movies, but that's still a major letdown.
 
QuintusDias
Old
#65  
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 81
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Groningen
I just pre-ordered the One S, and it's gonna be a huge upgrade from my Samsung Galaxy Gio! I read nothing but good things about this phone. The screen is big, but not too big although it will take some getting used to as my Gio has a 3.2 inch display.
I have seen a display comparison video from PocketNow (can't link it yet since I'm new here..) and as far as I can tell the One S beats all the other phones, including the iPhone 4s and the SGS2 in terms of design and display quality. Of course filming screens is not the best way to compare, yet it definitely holds it's own according to the reviewer as well.

By the way, does anyone know how the 25G free Dopbox space works when you already have an account?
 
ynischa
Old
#66  
Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 81
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuintusDias View Post
I just pre-ordered the One S, and it's gonna be a huge upgrade from my Samsung Galaxy Gio! I read nothing but good things about this phone. The screen is big, but not too big although it will take some getting used to as my Gio has a 3.2 inch display.
I have seen a display comparison video from PocketNow (can't link it yet since I'm new here..) and as far as I can tell the One S beats all the other phones, including the iPhone 4s and the SGS2 in terms of design and display quality. Of course filming screens is not the best way to compare, yet it definitely holds it's own according to the reviewer as well.

By the way, does anyone know how the 25G free Dopbox space works when you already have an account?
I'm guessing that they will upgrade your account when you log in to dropbox through your phone. That's how I got 3 extra gigs after installing a new sense version with my desire hd
 
QuintusDias
Old
#67  
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 81
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Groningen
Quote:
Originally Posted by ynischa View Post
I'm guessing that they will upgrade your account when you log in to dropbox through your phone. That's how I got 3 extra gigs after installing a new sense version with my desire hd
Ah excellent, I was hoping for that. I don't think I'll ever use that much anyway, at least not for phone related data and switching accounts would be a major let-down.
 
kwbdc
Old
#68  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 128
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: seattle, WA
Yes it's true. i get about 14 hrs on it with moderate use with lots of email/twitter/stock/fb update widgets running
Current: Htc One S
ROM: Stock
Recovery: None yet

Previous:
HTC Amaze 4G S=Off
Samsung Galaxy Blaze 4G stock
Samsung Galaxy S II Rooted
MyTouch 4G Slide Stock
HTC Sensation S=OFF
Samsung Galaxy S 4G Rooted
Samsung Nexus S Rooted
LG G2x Rooted
Samsung Vibrant Rooted ROM: Bionix 1.3.1
MyTouch 4G CyanogenMod 7
G2 Rooted overclocked to 1.4ghz
Nexus One Rooted ROM: Cyanogen 6
HD2 Steve&Miri Elegancia ROM
Garminphone stock

 
shadow.8
Old
#69  
shadow.8's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 82
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Salt Lake City
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwbdc View Post
Yes it's true. i get about 14 hrs on it with moderate use with lots of email/twitter/stock/fb update widgets running


That is much better than I expected! Any chance we could get a screenshot of the battery usage screen?
 
kwbdc
Old
#70  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 128
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: seattle, WA
it's not rooted so not quite sure if there is an app that can take a screenshot. I'll give the home/power to see if ICS has that equipped.
Current: Htc One S
ROM: Stock
Recovery: None yet

Previous:
HTC Amaze 4G S=Off
Samsung Galaxy Blaze 4G stock
Samsung Galaxy S II Rooted
MyTouch 4G Slide Stock
HTC Sensation S=OFF
Samsung Galaxy S 4G Rooted
Samsung Nexus S Rooted
LG G2x Rooted
Samsung Vibrant Rooted ROM: Bionix 1.3.1
MyTouch 4G CyanogenMod 7
G2 Rooted overclocked to 1.4ghz
Nexus One Rooted ROM: Cyanogen 6
HD2 Steve&Miri Elegancia ROM
Garminphone stock


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes