Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,888 Members 36,391 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Email.apk 2.3.4 Help

Tip us?

`mods
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Unhappy Email.apk 2.3.4 Help

For some foolish reason, I forcefully removed the Email.apk app from my LG Optimus Net with Titanium Backup. Before doing so, I did create a back up of the app. The reason for doing so was to install a different version of the Email.apk. Needless to say, when trying to install the other app, an error came up saying "Did not install". I tried to restore the previous app and the Titanium app just hung up and did nothing. I then found the a version of the "original" Gingerbread Email.apk and tried to install it and got the same error "Did not install". I also tried placing that app in the /system/apps directory on the phone. I rebooted the phone and no success with it showing up or installing. Multiple times throughout this process I also tried restoring the app, and restoring the app + data with no success.

Can anyone assist me in successfully installing Email.apk 2.3.4 on my device.
I obviously have root on the phone and realize that I can do all I want with the original Email app. If someone could also provide the apk too that would be great. Thank you!
This community is great!

`mods
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
With some messing around, I was able to get the Email.apk installed. Strange thing is is shows up as v2.3 with titanium back up and does not show up at all under mange applications. Its ok, I guess. If anyone can still supply the stock app from the Optimus Net it would be greatly appreciated.
This community is great!
Tags
3.4.5, email.apk, lg optimus net, net10