Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[ROM][ICS][7/9] Android Open Kang Project Fascinate Milestone 6 (4.0.4)

OP Stephen.k.spear

17th April 2012, 08:56 PM   |  #1281  
Thanks Meter: 26

358 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakes The AssClown

Dumb question...at this point in the game, why does Build 2 still have to be flashed? I would think by now most of these flavors of ICS could be stand alones without needing Build 2.

Well, at least in Mesmerize's case, our stock is still GB. We don't have a base ICS stock yet. Not sure how Fascinate is.

Either way, like i said, since i've used ICS builds starting 3 weeks ago, i've never had to flash any THS build before going to the rom i want. Re-partition stock > CWM4 > Main Rom > Gapps

Obviously not the case for everyone i guess.
17th April 2012, 08:59 PM   |  #1282  
Thanks Meter: 227

1,672 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccmichael

I'm a bit new to terminal, so please forgive me if this is otherwise obvious.... I'm looking to fix my speakerphone echo. In terminal when showing the default callboost settings, I have:

New RECEIVER boost value: 2
New BLUETOOTH boost value: 2
New SPEAKER boost value: 2
New HEADPHONE boost value: 2
New RECEIVER mic gain value: 19
New SPEAKER mic gain value: 31
New HEADPHONE mic gain value: 29
New HEADPHONE_NO_MIC gain value: 18

So to follow your instructions, I only need to change:

New SPEAKER boost value from 2 to either 0 or 1, and
New SPEAKER mic gain value from 31 to 10

correct? Thanks for your help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by droidstyle

Thats correct. Also make sure you tye "SU" in terminal first...

Not working for me. When I type "callboost enable" I get this:
17th April 2012, 09:03 PM   |  #1283  

1,672 posts
And yes I typed SU first to give TE super user permissions

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk
17th April 2012, 09:10 PM   |  #1284  
Flag NM
Thanks Meter: 31

174 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kallell

Hmm, maybe a corrupt download. Try downloading build 32, and ths 2( in case you need it ) - use possibly a different browser that you used in the past. For whatever reason, my Chrome downloads corrupt themselves every so often.

OOOR wait, after you re-partition to stock (eh03 radio im assuming?), are you installing CWM4 (for CM7) via odin first? If your not 4.0 or later that could be causing your issues.

yes it's eh03, Yes i let the phone boot up the stock rom then i flashed cwm4_fixed_for_cm7 via odin.
17th April 2012, 09:35 PM   |  #1285  
Thanks Meter: 33

153 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kallell

Well, at least in Mesmerize's case, our stock is still GB. We don't have a base ICS stock yet. Not sure how Fascinate is.

Either way, like i said, since i've used ICS builds starting 3 weeks ago, i've never had to flash any THS build before going to the rom i want. Re-partition stock > CWM4 > Main Rom > Gapps

Obviously not the case for everyone i guess.

Same goes for the Fascinate. Stock is still GB. I don't know if the cause was ever determined. I believe it's still the case with the THS builds too. You still need to flash THS build 2 before you flash the latest builds there. Must be missing some critical system files for basic functionality. It's so easy to just flash THS Bld 2 first that the effort to resolve isn't worth it to anyone.

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottcwhite

Not working for me. When I type "callboost enable" I get this:

Are you running a Glitched up build, or AOKP stock? The scripts for callboost are only in the nightly exynos builds.

http://nightly.exynos.co/aokp/
17th April 2012, 09:49 PM   |  #1286  

1,672 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDat

Same goes for the Fascinate. Stock is still GB. I don't know if the cause was ever determined. I believe it's still the case with the THS builds too. You still need to flash THS build 2 before you flash the latest builds there. Must be missing some critical system files for basic functionality. It's so easy to just flash THS Bld 2 first that the effort to resolve isn't worth it to anyone.

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

Are you running a Glitched up build, or AOKP stock? The scripts for callboost are only in the nightly exynos builds.

http://nightly.exynos.co/aokp/

Wife's Fascinate running this ROM just the way it came and if I'm not mistaken still on build 29 or 30. She doesn't let me touch her phone often but finally let me update from rooted stock to ICS and everything worksd great except she can't talk to anyone on speakerphone because the static and noise is so bad both parties can't hear eachother.

Needless to say she isn't happy with me for "breaking" her phone as she puts it since her speakerphone capability was fine on froyo, lol
17th April 2012, 09:55 PM   |  #1287  
Thanks Meter: 33

153 posts
More
Quote:

Wife's Fascinate running this ROM just the way it came and if I'm not mistaken still on build 29 or 30. She doesn't let me touch her phone often but finally let me update from rooted stock to ICS and everything worksd great except she can't talk to anyone on speakerphone because the static and noise is so bad both parties can't hear eachother.

Needless to say she isn't happy with me for "breaking" her phone as she puts it since her speakerphone capability was fine on froyo, lol

Hear you loud and clear, bro. Wife's got a Nook. I don't touch it, lest I open up the gates of hell should it have a problem

Edit: Figured I should also try to help ya out. The callboost script lives in /system/bin. Try calling it via the absolute path in TE, or check to make sure it's in that location. If it is, could be some weird issue with your PATH var.

Edit 2: Crap, I just realized you were running Bld 30. I don't think the script made it in until a later build. Flash the latest.
Last edited by JoeDat; 17th April 2012 at 10:10 PM.
17th April 2012, 10:07 PM   |  #1288  
Thanks Meter: 191

681 posts
More
[QUOTE=scottcwhite;24975934]Not working for me. When I type "callboost enable" I get this:

You're gonna have to flash the latest build then run the commands in terminal. SU , callboost enable , then follow the prompts.

~~~~There is no spoon~~~~
18th April 2012, 12:34 AM   |  #1289  
Flag Twin Falls, ID
Thanks Meter: 4

60 posts
More
Quote:

And yes I typed SU first to give TE super user permissions

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

You don't have root permission set for TE. Notice the $ rather than #

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6
18th April 2012, 01:43 AM   |  #1290  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 64

519 posts
More
Is there any way to wipe voltage settings? I've got them set via ROM Control, but I cannot recall what the default voltages are and I'm having some concerns about my battery.

With a range 200-1500, glitchass, 110% I got about 11 hours today and that was with 8 hours on Airplane Mode! Unacceptable! So I'd like to start over.

Also, if anybody has any suggestions as to which scheduler/governor combo is most battery-friendly and what kinds of voltage range/settings/OC-UV would work to that end, I'd be a happy camper.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread