Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,281 Members 49,666 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

GPS software in Aurora ICS ROM

Tip us?

tteri35
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loureiro View Post
Anyone with Sygic? mine can't even complete the "initialization" screen, crashing every time.

Sygic 11.2.6

btw nice thread rimsilva
Try deleting all the extra languages and voices in "aura" directory (from your sd card). Just keep your country 's language items. It worked for me.

shaddow2k
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default My solution

I installed Aurora 2.01 Test yesterday. Great rom btw, almost perfect for me
I've never seen faster gps fixes on that phone. But after playing with some gps apps I realized there was an offset in my position, i.e. the gps didn't show my exact position and the compass didn't work right.
My solution:
1. Install "GPS Status & Toolbox" - search on the market, can't post links as a new member
Reset AGPS-Data and download new data
Calibrate compass
Calibrate levels

2. Install "FasterGPS "
Select your region in the app. Default it was set to asia, maybe thatswhy the big offset? I selected Germany.

3. Restart phone & be happy Works for me with Maps, osmand & Locus.

So it seems in the rom are old gps data included, after clearing them it works like a charm
The Following User Says Thank You to shaddow2k For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Schrauff
Old
(Last edited by Schrauff; 25th March 2012 at 11:14 PM.) Reason: apk upgrade
Thanks Meter 7
I have installed Navigon europe 3.6.2 and iGOMyWay 8.4.2.139242. Both are working fine on Aurora ICS 2.02. Before installing navigon I had to remove all traces of previous installation by deleting folder on SD card and wiping cache.
Edit: Today I've tried Navigon EU 4.1.1, and is also working without glitch, it's also faster than previous versions.

papatsonis
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Ndrive works OK
Mediterranean - OK
SpeedView - OK

TurboGPS -NO lock
Sygic Aura (1.1.2.5 and 1.1.2.6) NO lock

accidentally though i found a "solution" for sygic and turbogps, If i minimize the app, go to android settings/location/and disable-reenable gps, when i go to the app. now locks instantly to satellites (tried again and again to be confident of this behaviour). If i disable-enable from power widget, it doesnt work.

jharn06
Old
Thanks Meter 6
My copilot 8 not working

Sent from my U8800 using XDA

kapa_pt
Old
Thanks Meter 8
ndrive 11 working here!