[Q] Won't pick up at hboot?

OP sensation lover

28th February 2012, 07:28 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag UK
Thanks Meter: 199

2,032 posts
More
Hey guys, my computer won't pick up my phone at hboot anymore even though i deleted 0 files whatsoever and changed nothing, I need the computer to pick up my phone at hboot so that i can flash the boot.img files otherwise roms dont work for me, when i press fastboot, it doesnt say fastboot usb, but when i press down with the volume key it says fastboot usb but no commands work in the command prompt , it just gets stuck at waiting for device. I know it's not the cable, I tried it with my friends, any solutions?
9th March 2012, 08:15 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
I'm having the "< waiting for device >" hanging problem when trying to run the fastboot command from the Android SDK. I've searched around and seen many with this problem, but no single fix. I've reinstalled the SDK and drivers, made sure HTC Sync and other syncing processes are not running, and made sure USB debugging is on. "adb devices" and "adb shell" work fine. I've also tried rebooting the phone while "waiting." All to no avail.

What could be causing this? What can I do to successfully run fastboot?

This is on an HTC Sensation running SuperSensation v.1.0.5 (Android 2.3.5), connected to a Windows 7 PC.

Thanks for helping with a noobie question.

mturk
9th March 2012, 08:24 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 158

746 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensation lover

Hey guys, my computer won't pick up my phone at hboot anymore even though i deleted 0 files whatsoever and changed nothing, I need the computer to pick up my phone at hboot so that i can flash the boot.img files otherwise roms dont work for me, when i press fastboot, it doesnt say fastboot usb, but when i press down with the volume key it says fastboot usb but no commands work in the command prompt , it just gets stuck at waiting for device. I know it's not the cable, I tried it with my friends, any solutions?

So "adb devices" when booted, and "fastboot devices" when in bootloader returns nothing, or "waiting for device"?
You have both adb and fastboot drivers in the same location you are issuing these commands from?

Sent from my Pyramid-T
The Following User Says Thank You to status_six For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th March 2012, 09:49 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Oh......
I didn't realize that "fastboot" was to be run while in the bootloader. I think I tried that without success earlier, but am not sure - in any case, it worked this time.

Many thanks...!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread