FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

 View Poll Results: Did this work?

Yes!
 
221 Vote(s)
42.42%
No
 
103 Vote(s)
19.77%
I'm Waiting For Release
 
197 Vote(s)
37.81%

[UNBRICK] HTC Unbricking Project

11,486 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,135
 
By dexter93, Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer on 28th February 2012, 09:14 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
13th March 2012, 05:05 PM |#271  
dexter93's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 2,135
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tartouka_912

am supposed to push the hboot_8x60_1.18.0000_20110802_signedbyaa.nb0 file?

Yes. That's it. You almost pushed a kernel

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to dexter93 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
13th March 2012, 05:19 PM |#272  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter93

Yes. That's it. You almost pushed a kernel

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk

but why in terminal you guys are writing hboot.img? i should rename it?

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

GREAAT it workkeed !!!

now am supposed to reflash the RUU?
13th March 2012, 05:58 PM |#273  
dexter93's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 2,135
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tartouka_912

but why in terminal you guys are writing hboot.img? i should rename it?

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

GREAAT it workkeed !!!

now am supposed to reflash the RUU?

you are not supposed to, but it would be better if you did
The Following User Says Thank You to dexter93 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th March 2012, 06:08 PM |#274  
dexter93's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 2,135
 
Donate to Me
More
IRC is now up! everyone get there. on freenode.net , channel #unbrick
online browser client: http://webchat.freenode.net/
from mobile use AndChat
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dexter93 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th March 2012, 06:58 PM |#275  
MOVZX's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oslo
Thanks Meter: 60
 
More
I would recommend everyone with dead Sensation to use GNU/Linux for the unbrick process (Ubuntu preferre). Because it needs just about 5 seconds to finish the hboot injection process.

@Dexter, maybe You should decide the Fuses' method as the prime tutorial; unless everyone has a stable eMMC mode like Me so they could use WinHex instead.

I have tried to brick and unbricked my phone for 21 times with luck, so I'm sure we could release the tutorial as soon as possible. Even if some people might just get stucked at the bootloader, they could fix it as we did on my device by running the proper RUU which depends on the mainver (mine was 1.50.707.1).

PS: 21 times of successful brick and unbrick is enough for Me

We should collect every hboot from RUU built into tutorials, so noon won't do anythings' dangerous.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MOVZX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th March 2012, 07:24 PM |#276  
dyval's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 590
 
More
People here are just so intelligent..kudos to all of you.
13th March 2012, 07:27 PM |#277  
dexter93's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 2,135
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOVZX

I would recommend everyone with dead Sensation to use GNU/Linux for the unbrick process (Ubuntu preferre). Because it needs just about 5 seconds to finish the hboot injection process.

@Dexter, maybe You should decide the Fuses' method as the prime tutorial; unless everyone has a stable eMMC mode like Me so they could use WinHex instead.

I have tried to brick and unbricked my phone for 21 times with luck, so I'm sure we could release the tutorial as soon as possible. Even if some people might just get stucked at the bootloader, they could fix it as we did on my device by running the proper RUU which depends on the mainver (mine was 1.50.707.1).

PS: 21 times of successful brick and unbrick is enough for Me

We should collect every hboot from RUU built into tutorials, so noon won't do anythings' dangerous.

We will get the hboots... eventually
yeah.. fuses' method is awesome. just the .nb0 typo mistake
get on irc man
13th March 2012, 07:43 PM |#278  
dmcb123's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Monaghan
Thanks Meter: 62
 
More
Really awesome work guys its always good to know there's a way to fix things when stuff goes wrong

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful during the process. :P

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using xda premium
13th March 2012, 07:45 PM |#279  
dexter93's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 2,135
 
Donate to Me
More
This was removed because people cant read. Lots of them killed their phones by flashing random stuff on the hbbot partition and bricking it . This is an alpha stage development thread, not a how to guide. Learn to read noobs -.-








Will be back later when we get it simplier
Last edited by dexter93; 15th March 2012 at 08:47 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dexter93 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th March 2012, 09:23 PM |#280  
dexter93's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 2,135
 
Donate to Me
More
Thread updated with poll, so we can get some statistics
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dexter93 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th March 2012, 03:02 AM |#281  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 308
 
More
Could people who revived their bricks get their phones into the download mode via the wire trick and then see if linux is detecting it in a similar fashion to the download mode of the bricked ones, please?

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
a total joke, brick, dexter93 is awesome ;), download, lame, mode, m_t_m is da bestest, qhsusb_dload, qpst, sensation, unbrick
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes