Pls explain 1st init, 2nd boot, bootstrap and safestrap

OP siakgayyem

29th February 2012, 01:15 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 24

130 posts
I have been using droid2bootstrap on my milestone2. I notice there is an option for 1st init 2nd boot or something like that. I have been holding out from trying tezet's cm9 because of the camera not working and now i saw a new post that someone has a cm9 rom with a working cam (sorry i forgot the dev's name i think its ondavol or something) i would like to try it out. I have read somewhere about safestrap. Is it safe to use on m2? Tia.
29th February 2012, 11:22 PM   |  #2  
Flag Recife
Thanks Meter: 46

431 posts
More
Safestrap is based over CWM, so it should be easy to port, but I'm not sure it's currently compatible with M2. You can try to install it, just keep in mind that you'll need to flash a sbf in case something goes wrong.

2nd init is a set of scripts that run on the OS startup, allowing devs to sideload some files, required to run custom ROMs. At least that's what I understood of it while I used it. I can be completely wrong about it. Be careful =P

Flashing a custom ROM is relatively harmless, just keep a nandroid of your original system and you should be OK. Safestrap just automatizes it, automatically flashing safe and unsafe ROMs on your device with a few clicks, safe being the custom ROM, where you can play as you want without harming the original system, and unsafe being the original system, where it's unsafe to tinker with it. Besides that, it's just CWM.

M3 XT860
DarkDroid 1.1 (Unsafe) + Hash's ICS Beta 1 (Safe)
The Following User Says Thank You to AragornPE For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st March 2012, 02:34 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 24

130 posts
Thanks you very much for the reply. I am happy with m currentt setup but i am really itching to try out ics. Like i said the lack off camera is put me off from trying just yet. The moment i read about this new rom with camera somewhat working, i just cant resist anymore.
I guess nandroid is the way to go then.
3rd March 2012, 09:17 AM   |  #4  
Flag Gießen
Thanks Meter: 5

14 posts
Donate to Me
More
The developer is called rondoval

Just keep in mind, that it's not possible at the moment (afaik) to unlock your SIM card. So you can use Wifi only.
That's just a reason for me to wait for another build with fixed SIM unlock...

Camera works with normal photos only, so no panorama and no videos
Still a step
The Following User Says Thank You to Regaddi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread