[ROM] [ICS] Android Open Kang Project - captivatemtd - Milestone 6

Search This thread

sobaked2921

Sep 27, 2010
Dallas, TX
so im coming from ics slim but i keep getting a issue 7 error. is it cuz of the cwmt recovery?? if so how do i just need to flash another kernel an which one???

mozXegX

Jun 30, 2011
Managua
I'm coming from a stock gingerbread rom and installed build 36. Im having problems with the storage mounts, because my external sd card now is my sd card, and sd card now is in emmc. This causes problems restoring apps from TIBU, Whatsapp, SMS backup and others. How can I change this?

Thank you

djfotizo

May 15, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I'm coming from a stock gingerbread rom and installed build 36. Im having problems with the storage mounts, because my external sd card now is my sd card, and sd card now is in emmc. This causes problems restoring apps from TIBU, Whatsapp, SMS backup and others. How can I change this?

Thank you

Scan backups in tibu and it will find your files... Settings/options area

Sent from my Task'd AOKP Horned Pony

djfotizo

May 15, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I already did, but I'm looking for a real solution for changing storagers as they were before, is it not posible yet?

Thanks

There are several ways to swap your storage cards by changing code. Do some searching...

The real question is what will become standard. Emmc = external mmc and is actually in the right place. Looking for your external card through a shortcut of the internal card seems like the logic that pushed the change... Idk really. I just know that it makes sense that you have 2 cards at /mnt. /mnt/sdcard is internal and /mnt/emmc is external.

Sent from my Task'd AOKP Horned Pony

Last edited:

proper69

Dec 7, 2010
how do i swap storage cards? Ive searched google and xda and ill to continue to search, but this is just plain stupid imo. I cant save any files from my browser now.

Monfro

Jul 4, 2009
Mantova (Italy)
Nexus 9
Google Pixel C
Have read the posts about emmc and sd card change. Not sure I completely understand as I do not recall ever having to deal with this before. I have gone into TB settings for instance, and when i click set backup location it just tells me SD card is not mounted. I do not have the option to tell it to search for it on the version I am on.

Never really had any issues with this ROM that I couldnt figure out or didnt understand. Considering going back to to b34, are there other options?

Thanks Six for your great work on this - is there any chance you can make a build with swapped sdcard/emmc. Its just a nightmare on all of the apps not working or saving attachments/images (K-9, CameraZoom and others that save to sdcard even after changing settings to /mnt/emmc)

Much appreciated!

If you want to keep internal mounted as SD, like the builds before Build 35 and 36, just flash NormalSDcardMounts after flashing new AOKPs:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=25972964&postcount=2500

In that topic there is also another zip to swap back mounts.

moymike

Nov 18, 2010
Oklahoma City
external sd now = sdcard

First, I like to say I really like the change of the mount names. I went from M5 to R36, and it looks very nice. Everything that I have tested works great.

I talked with a friend of mine, and he pointed out an issue. If you were to swap your SD card out for say a larger one, or one that has movies on it... well, you end up nuking many of your apps.

What I am seeing is that the app storage folders that used to exist on the internal SD, are now located on the external SD. The folders I am most worried about are:

Android\data\com.*
data\com.*

Is there any way to have these system folders find their home on the internal SD? (only idea i have is to pull the SD and reinstall everything, then reinsert, but that idea sucks on several levels)

GoombaVinnie

Feb 19, 2011
Visalia, Ca
First, I like to say I really like the change of the mount names. I went from M5 to R36, and it looks very nice. Everything that I have tested works great.

I talked with a friend of mine, and he pointed out an issue. If you were to swap your SD card out for say a larger one, or one that has movies on it... well, you end up nuking many of your apps.

What I am seeing is that the app storage folders that used to exist on the internal SD, are now located on the external SD. The folders I am most worried about are:

Android\data\com.*
data\com.*

Is there any way to have these system folders find their home on the internal SD? (only idea i have is to pull the SD and reinstall everything, then reinsert, but that idea sucks on several levels)

Look up 3 posts

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA

moymike

Nov 18, 2010
Oklahoma City
Look up 3 posts

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA

I don't want to switch the internal back to "sdcard", as the post 3 above says. I would like to see the system app folders stored on "emmc" (internal on r35+) versus on the external sd.

Switching the two around (sdcard/emmc) would accomplish this, but it would also put the sd's back into non-standard setup.

Lastly, I was wondering if there are performance issues when the "android" and "data" folders are stored on the external sd versus the internal.

Top Liked Posts