View Poll Results: which launcher should be installed by default?
trebuchet (current) 336 44.04%
nova launcher (default in AOKP for phones) 427 55.96%
Voters: 763. You may not vote on this poll

[ROM] [ICS|MTD] [GSM/CDMA] AOKP SGT7 - Milestone #6 (19/09/2012)

OP stimpz0r

18th March 2012, 05:10 PM   |  #271  
Thanks Meter: 10

125 posts
I got an error
I got an error installing the Milestone 4, I am currently in Overcome 4, and when I install the milestone, it gives me an error

(: checking file systems
assert failed : run_program("tmp/updater.sh") == 0
E: Error in /sdcard/aokp_galaxytab_milestone-4.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

Does this means my download is corrupt? I used Internet Download Manager, and it didn't failed or anything, but I have paused and resume it a few times.
18th March 2012, 05:19 PM   |  #272  
Flag Charleroi, PA
Thanks Meter: 513

2,512 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemory

I got an error installing the Milestone 4, I am currently in Overcome 4, and when I install the milestone, it gives me an error

(: checking file systems
assert failed : run_program("tmp/updater.sh") == 0
E: Error in /sdcard/aokp_galaxytab_milestone-4.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

Does this means my download is corrupt? I used Internet Download Manager, and it didn't failed or anything, but I have paused and resume it a few times.

If your on Overcome and it converted partitions to ext4, that sounds like a corrupt download then. In any case, I'd recommend redownloading it
19th March 2012, 12:54 AM   |  #273  
Thanks Meter: 6

4 posts
Anyone know how to get the external sd to work?

For the rest sweet release!
Thanks!
19th March 2012, 01:23 AM   |  #274  
Flag Waratah
Thanks Meter: 577

4,465 posts
Download ES manager or Astro from market. On ES manager, click the Srar icon then you will see external storage, on Astro its in the list as external sd...

Unless there's something wrong with your sd card....
Last edited by ultramag69; 19th March 2012 at 01:35 AM.
19th March 2012, 02:32 AM   |  #275  
Flag Serres
Thanks Meter: 56

252 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverQda

Anyone know how to get the external sd to work?

For the rest sweet release!
Thanks!

You can search before ask mate!
Check this answer: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=237

---------- Post added at 03:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 AM ----------

I noticed today, another "bug"(maybe). I'm using Milestone #4 with stock kernel.
I have the minor bugs, which all users has, but today i noticed that when i listen music(with headphones) and someone calls me, i can't listen the person who called me through headphones, and i have to turn the speakers on. But when i finish the call i can continue to listen to music normally! Any ideas how to fix it? Or does anyone has the same problem?
19th March 2012, 02:55 AM   |  #276  
Flag Grosseto
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
More
I have suggestions as to the default launcher. You could use the "Apex Launcher"
19th March 2012, 04:52 AM   |  #277  
Flag Gorontalo
Thanks Meter: 106

334 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by web.myportal

Hi astuermer.

This is so far what I have experienced on using aokp milestone 4.
Hope it might help you finding your answer ..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1551464

This image is the results from what i have been through
http://www.imageshack.us/photo/my-im...031718502.png/

cheers

Hi guys, how web.myportal post above??, does anybody here have a longlife battery after calibrate battery when using milestone #4 ROM??
I had reupload this web.myportal Battery use screenshot

19th March 2012, 12:44 PM   |  #278  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,324

477 posts
Donate to Me
More
first up, sorry people for not being around, but it will be worth it for everyone in the end.

a few features will hopefully be ready for the next release (or when i get them working with an updated milestone 4)

keep watching this space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_dew

I am facing one issue as i mentioned earlier. I am using the latest build. after using couple of minutes like 5 to 10 mins the top right side (near volume control and power button) is getting hot.

Anyone facing this issue ?

you didnt overclock your tab by any chance did you? and if you did, you didn't push it up to 1400mHz by any chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karol88

I have suggestions as to the default launcher. You could use the "Apex Launcher"

i'm personally using Apex Launcher on my tab, and i must say, i'm liking it very much. still contemplating making it the default, infact, unless i get enough posts telling me otherwise, i think it will be default in the next build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qm4n76

Hi guys, how web.myportal post above??, does anybody here have a longlife battery after calibrate battery when using milestone #4 ROM??
I had reupload this web.myportal Battery use screenshot

the picture itself looks amazing, however, i personally have seen more of a battery drain in the later versions than previously. his thread in the general section kinda confuses me, coz it seems to go on about such good battery life, then the last post completely flips it.

people, report back to me how your battery life is. i cant promise i will be able to fix it, but ill give it a shot. (then again, the TeamKang / ICS TE4M will probably fix it before i get the chance)
19th March 2012, 01:34 PM   |  #279  
Thanks Meter: 35

222 posts
The only thing I am missing is the TV OUT, except that everything is working perfectly.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
Last edited by Rocheau; 19th March 2012 at 01:37 PM.
19th March 2012, 04:36 PM   |  #280  
Flag Migration Institute
Thanks Meter: 1,996

537 posts
Donate to Me
More
As both Nova and Apex are freely available from the market, I see little reason to cook them into the ROM as default launchers. I like and use Apex at the moment and regard it as the better home app of the lot. However, I voted for Trebuchet to stay, as it makes more sense in the light of the current project, compared to the others.

Great ROM overall and good build. Keep up the good work. I guess only the hard work is left now (the kernel issues to iron out), so advancement will slow its pace down, I expect.

Peace,
C.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread