Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,359 Members 40,148 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Suitable Tripod & Clamp for Galaxy Note?

Tip us?

DJsCrIBbLe
Old
Thanks Meter 170

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beards View Post
Normal clamps open to accommodate the 'Width' of the phone not the depth.
I couldn't make it out with this clamp but are you saying it is held by clamping the depth of the phone. If so surely that would mean clamping the back of the phone to the glass front?
I mean come one dude did you even click the link and check it out? Here is how it works ...

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Beards
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOGSofDOOM View Post
I mean come one dude did you even click the link and check it out? Here is how it works ...

Of course I did but I couldn't believe it actually clips to the glass...
As this clamps to the front and back of the phone as opposed to the sides which all other clamps do, I would like to see exactly how it will not cause too much stress on the glass and also how you can effectively mount it...
If mounted at the bottom you can't access any of the buttons and if mounted at the side then how do you orientate it to take a portrait shot.
.........I don't always get your questions right.... but you'll certainly know I've tried.

P.S. Many thanks for the Thanks votes. Thanks received are converted into a charitable donation.

pepeto2001
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOGSofDOOM View Post

I've one of these for my note, it fits ok, but the problem is that it seems to press the screen too much, so it begins to respond erratically.

It's not bad at all, but I'll search for another option for using my note with tripod...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pepeto2001 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Beards
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepeto2001 View Post
I've one of these for my note, it fits ok, but the problem is that it seems to press the screen too much, so it begins to respond erratically.

It's not bad at all, but I'll search for another option for using my note with tripod...
Thanks.... That was my concern. You have answered it perfectly.
.........I don't always get your questions right.... but you'll certainly know I've tried.

P.S. Many thanks for the Thanks votes. Thanks received are converted into a charitable donation.

yslee
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I've been looking for one for the longest time too. Pity!

antonioeram
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Default the i.Trek

I have some pictures with my GN and the iTrek. Hope you guys can get a better idea. Sometime indeed touches the screen but I find that is not affecting the shooting.

my tripod is broken so I cannot shoot with the tripod mount but you get the idea.

https://plus.google.com/photos/11064...38079849991985

------
GALAXY NOTE N9005 :excellent:
GALAXY NOTE N7100

http://about.me/antonioeram
The Following User Says Thank You to antonioeram For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Beards
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by antonioeram View Post
I have some pictures with my GN and the iTrek. Hope you guys can get a better idea. Sometime indeed touches the screen but I find that is not affecting the shooting.

my tripod is broken so I cannot shoot with the tripod mount but you get the idea.

https://plus.google.com/photos/11064...38079849991985
Thank you Antonio.
I notice you have on your GN a Case and it looks like the bevelled edge of the case is not helping to hold the device securely enough to the GN.
I am also rather concerned when you have the clamp on the bottom of the GN. It is preventing you from accessing the Menu button (or any other botton if placed any other place on the bottom).

I personally would rather go for a clamp that holds the GN by it's outer edges not the front and back.
1. It should hold the GN more securely.
2. It won't cause any stress on the glass.
3. It won't prevent access to any of the bottons at the base of the GN.

The Following User Says Thank You to Beards For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

antonioeram
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Hi.

I have a SZLF case. indeed when is clamped with the iTrek the phone is a little bit inclined but it can be corrected with the help of the tripod. I don't find it to problematic.

The way I use this is to shoot presentations and conferences. Basically I hit record and that's about it. No need for menu button or anything. else.

it is very secure. I mean super very secure. the way it holds the phone. better than any suction or similar. and what I like is its universality. I can add a tablet or a slim camera. with the same device. kind of cool

no stress on glass unless you really want to screw it like crazy. i am adding an additional layer of soft rubber. this will compensate the edge as well

I told you about buttons. you can also shoot on landscape. and you are safe :

hope I have answered to all your questions...

let me know.
best
------
GALAXY NOTE N9005 :excellent:
GALAXY NOTE N7100

http://about.me/antonioeram
The Following User Says Thank You to antonioeram For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Beards
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by antonioeram View Post
Hi.

I have a SZLF case. indeed when is clamped with the iTrek the phone is a little bit inclined but it can be corrected with the help of the tripod. I don't find it to problematic.

The way I use this is to shoot presentations and conferences. Basically I hit record and that's about it. No need for menu button or anything. else.

it is very secure. I mean super very secure. the way it holds the phone. better than any suction or similar. and what I like is its universality. I can add a tablet or a slim camera. with the same device. kind of cool

no stress on glass unless you really want to screw it like crazy. i am adding an additional layer of soft rubber. this will compensate the edge as well

I told you about buttons. you can also shoot on landscape. and you are safe :

hope I have answered to all your questions...

let me know.
best
Many thanks for the updated information. Most welcoming addition.

Beards
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 881
Just had a bit more digging....... Has anyone come across the 'Glif Tripod Mount & Stand'?

It is advertised for the iPhone4 & 4s but seeing as both are slightly thicker than the Note I'm wondering if the Note could be used in the 'slide it in' method.

The Following User Says Thank You to Beards For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]