Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Suitable Tripod & Clamp for Galaxy Note?

OP Beards

5th March 2012, 12:43 AM   |  #21  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 171
 
1,532 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beards

Normal clamps open to accommodate the 'Width' of the phone not the depth.
I couldn't make it out with this clamp but are you saying it is held by clamping the depth of the phone. If so surely that would mean clamping the back of the phone to the glass front?

I mean come one dude did you even click the link and check it out? Here is how it works ...



Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
5th March 2012, 07:39 AM   |  #22  
Beards's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 885
 
4,276 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOGSofDOOM

I mean come one dude did you even click the link and check it out? Here is how it works ...



Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Of course I did but I couldn't believe it actually clips to the glass...
As this clamps to the front and back of the phone as opposed to the sides which all other clamps do, I would like to see exactly how it will not cause too much stress on the glass and also how you can effectively mount it...
If mounted at the bottom you can't access any of the buttons and if mounted at the side then how do you orientate it to take a portrait shot.
5th March 2012, 08:35 AM   |  #23  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
195 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2006
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOGSofDOOM

I mean come one dude did you even click the link and check it out? Here is how it works ...



Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk


I've one of these for my note, it fits ok, but the problem is that it seems to press the screen too much, so it begins to respond erratically.

It's not bad at all, but I'll search for another option for using my note with tripod...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pepeto2001 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th March 2012, 08:38 AM   |  #24  
Beards's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 885
 
4,276 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepeto2001

I've one of these for my note, it fits ok, but the problem is that it seems to press the screen too much, so it begins to respond erratically.

It's not bad at all, but I'll search for another option for using my note with tripod...

Thanks.... That was my concern. You have answered it perfectly.
5th March 2012, 05:55 PM   |  #25  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
58 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2007
I've been looking for one for the longest time too. Pity!
6th March 2012, 05:38 AM   |  #26  
antonioeram's Avatar
Member
Flag Palo Alto
Thanks Meter: 19
 
82 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2007
More
the i.Trek
I have some pictures with my GN and the iTrek. Hope you guys can get a better idea. Sometime indeed touches the screen but I find that is not affecting the shooting.

my tripod is broken so I cannot shoot with the tripod mount but you get the idea.


https://plus.google.com/photos/11064...38079849991985


The Following User Says Thank You to antonioeram For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th March 2012, 09:31 AM   |  #27  
Beards's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 885
 
4,276 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by antonioeram

I have some pictures with my GN and the iTrek. Hope you guys can get a better idea. Sometime indeed touches the screen but I find that is not affecting the shooting.

my tripod is broken so I cannot shoot with the tripod mount but you get the idea.


https://plus.google.com/photos/11064...38079849991985

Thank you Antonio.
I notice you have on your GN a Case and it looks like the bevelled edge of the case is not helping to hold the device securely enough to the GN.
I am also rather concerned when you have the clamp on the bottom of the GN. It is preventing you from accessing the Menu button (or any other botton if placed any other place on the bottom).

I personally would rather go for a clamp that holds the GN by it's outer edges not the front and back.
1. It should hold the GN more securely.
2. It won't cause any stress on the glass.
3. It won't prevent access to any of the bottons at the base of the GN.
The Following User Says Thank You to Beards For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th March 2012, 09:04 PM   |  #28  
antonioeram's Avatar
Member
Flag Palo Alto
Thanks Meter: 19
 
82 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2007
More
Hi.

I have a SZLF case. indeed when is clamped with the iTrek the phone is a little bit inclined but it can be corrected with the help of the tripod. I don't find it to problematic.

The way I use this is to shoot presentations and conferences. Basically I hit record and that's about it. No need for menu button or anything. else.

it is very secure. I mean super very secure. the way it holds the phone. better than any suction or similar. and what I like is its universality. I can add a tablet or a slim camera. with the same device. kind of cool

no stress on glass unless you really want to screw it like crazy. i am adding an additional layer of soft rubber. this will compensate the edge as well

I told you about buttons. you can also shoot on landscape. and you are safe :

hope I have answered to all your questions...

let me know.
best
The Following User Says Thank You to antonioeram For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th March 2012, 11:23 PM   |  #29  
Beards's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 885
 
4,276 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by antonioeram

Hi.

I have a SZLF case. indeed when is clamped with the iTrek the phone is a little bit inclined but it can be corrected with the help of the tripod. I don't find it to problematic.

The way I use this is to shoot presentations and conferences. Basically I hit record and that's about it. No need for menu button or anything. else.

it is very secure. I mean super very secure. the way it holds the phone. better than any suction or similar. and what I like is its universality. I can add a tablet or a slim camera. with the same device. kind of cool

no stress on glass unless you really want to screw it like crazy. i am adding an additional layer of soft rubber. this will compensate the edge as well

I told you about buttons. you can also shoot on landscape. and you are safe :

hope I have answered to all your questions...

let me know.
best

Many thanks for the updated information. Most welcoming addition.
7th March 2012, 12:30 AM   |  #30  
Beards's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 885
 
4,276 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
More
Just had a bit more digging....... Has anyone come across the 'Glif Tripod Mount & Stand'?


It is advertised for the iPhone4 & 4s but seeing as both are slightly thicker than the Note I'm wondering if the Note could be used in the 'slide it in' method.

The Following User Says Thank You to Beards For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes