Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,300 Members 53,386 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help! No sound after ICS update

Tip us?

pigacc
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I don't think it's a hardware issue (at least in my case) - I've never had this problem before ICS update, and the problem will go away right after a restart. It sounds to me a firmware problem; probably some conflict between the new ICS with existing apps

Honestly, I'm quite regret to have it updated...

KevinLuong
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I'm having the same issue too (intermittent loss of audio, returns after reboot) - definitely related to firmware/software, not a hardware issue.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

horndroid
Old
Thanks Meter 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigacc View Post
I don't think it's a hardware issue (at least in my case) - I've never had this problem before ICS update, and the problem will go away right after a restart. It sounds to me a firmware problem; probably some conflict between the new ICS with existing apps

Honestly, I'm quite regret to have it updated...
Do a factory reset and cold boot.
You can't expect all your honeycomb apps to work on ICS without causing issues.

CalvinH
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Avoid doing that reset + cold boot.

After two of them + several other tries, my sound keeps mutting.

Lets hope the update fixes this.
Sent from my ASUS Eee Pad Transformer.

immortalbelar
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I too have this problem after ICS update. I noticed, sometimes after I put into silent mode, it stay muted until a reboot.

t00c00l4m3
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I do believe it is ics firmware issue, Tf201 get fix with lastest build so I hope Tf101 get fix too.
The Following User Says Thank You to t00c00l4m3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

habylab
Old
Thanks Meter 606
Yep, I get this as well. Shame!

ls3mach
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Firmware related most likely. Mine is doing it too. A reboot fixes the issue. Hard reset won't likely correct the issue as I did a factory reset prior to installation. Possibly a piece of software causing it, but I am not going to mess with it as I only have 1 program installed.

speedlever
Old
Thanks Meter 4
After the update to ICS, my daughter's TF201 no longer has any audio.. speakers or headphone.

I've done the factory data reset and the data wipe. No change. Sadly, I have an RMA and hope they can figure it out. Before I ship it off, do you have any suggestions?

Thanks.

jasonf925
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Just another 'me too' post. I have 2 transformers in the house. Upgraded one (a B80) to revolver and lose audio a few times. Reboot brings it back. When it goes away, no sound from speakers or headphone jacks. Next time it happens I'll try and grab a logcat.
Haven't tried it on my older rev TF yet, I think i'll hold off a bit.

The B80 was wiped and done with a clean install. User apps restored via TB, but no settings were carried over from HC.