FORUMS

OnePlus 2 Forums: Discuss Everything About The OP2!

Now that the OnePlus 2 has been officially unveiled and that we have had close-up … more

Intel & Micron Announce “Revolutionary” Storage Tech

Intel & Micron have announced 3D Xpoint technology—”the … more

Google Now Interfaces With Third-Party Messaging Apps

Google has announced that Ok Google voice commands can now be used to send … more

Make Your Lockscreen More Productive With Widgets

Are you running Android Lollipop? Do you miss the ability to add widgets to your lock … more

Media Player w/Playlist backup

187 posts
Thanks Meter: 23
 
By MaverickCoast, Senior Member on 29th February 2012, 04:12 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Looking for a (mp3)media player that can backup the playlists that are created and then can be restored when you wipe and install a new ROM.

I have tried PowerAmp, the stock Music Player, and Double Twist, but with no luck. Maybe I'm missing something.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!!
 
 
29th February 2012, 05:05 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
you can use the software or winamp. Before wiping you can do a nandroid or use titanium backup with backup App+data.
The Following User Says Thank You to youpiyo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th February 2012, 05:10 PM |#3  
MaverickCoast's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Illinois
Thanks Meter: 23
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by youpiyo

you can use the software or winamp. Before wiping you can do a nandroid or use titanium backup with backup App+data.


I use Titanium, but after restoring with Titanium, the playlists are empty. Haven't tried Winamp.
29th February 2012, 06:12 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 409
 
More
Google Music. Backs up everything to the cloud that I am aware of. It should bring back all your playlists. I don't use them. But I do know that all my songs are immediately brought back to working order. So there.

And you can access it on any computer that you log into with you Google account.

Thanks > > > >

I recommend this over others, because of it's cloud syncing features. If you have a large data plan, you can stream music you don't want wanna keep on your phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Erik_T For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th February 2012, 07:17 PM |#5  
ppalbicke's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 3,036
 
Donate to Me
More
Yes google music keeps your playlists.

You can try the miui music player too, as it has playlists that I believe stay.

Latest Version of the Apk attached.
Attached Files
File Type: apk MiuiMusicV3.apk - [Click for QR Code] (963.9 KB, 44 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ppalbicke For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th February 2012, 09:44 PM |#6  
mikig_mkd's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Skopje
Thanks Meter: 905
 
Donate to Me
More
Use Titanium Backup and Back up: [Playlists] Media Storage 2.x.x Next time just restore the same thing(data only) and the playlists are there

Simple as that.

Hope i helped
The Following User Says Thank You to mikig_mkd For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th February 2012, 09:57 PM |#7  
xIC-MACIx's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag Dallas, TX
Thanks Meter: 4,471
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickCoast

Looking for a (mp3)media player that can backup the playlists that are created and then can be restored when you wipe and install a new ROM.

I have tried PowerAmp, the stock Music Player, and Double Twist, but with no luck. Maybe I'm missing something.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!!

Doin it wrong, I use Doubletwist to sync my itunes playlists, it puts the playlists on your internal, then use Poweramp as my main player which finds the playlists files with no problem.

When I flash a new rom I just select the "reset doubletwist" option or "rescan" option in poweramp. These option get the playlists back every time. (also in Poweramp you can select the music folder that poweramp searches for)
The Following User Says Thank You to xIC-MACIx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th February 2012, 10:33 PM |#8  
MaverickCoast's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Illinois
Thanks Meter: 23
 
More
Thank-you all for your suggestions.

I found out that if you use doubletwist on your phone with the desktop version (Didn't know there was a desktop version!), you can sync playlists from Windows Media Player to PC doubletwist which will then sync them to your phone.

I already had the playlists on WMP, so it turned out to be a simple solution!
29th February 2012, 11:04 PM |#9  
xIC-MACIx's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag Dallas, TX
Thanks Meter: 4,471
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickCoast

Thank-you all for your suggestions.

I found out that if you use doubletwist on your phone with the desktop version (Didn't know there was a desktop version!), you can sync playlists from Windows Media Player to PC doubletwist which will then sync them to your phone.

I already had the playlists on WMP, so it turned out to be a simple solution!

Double Twist does come in handy, my biggest complaint on android is not having itunes...problem solved with doubletwist phone+desktop
1st March 2012, 12:42 AM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 409
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xIC-MACIx

Doin it wrong, I use Doubletwist to sync my itunes playlists, it puts the playlists on your internal, then use Poweramp as my main player which finds the playlists files with no problem.

When I flash a new rom I just select the "reset doubletwist" option or "rescan" option in poweramp. These option get the playlists back every time. (also in Poweramp you can select the music folder that poweramp searches for)

Doing it wrong. Using iTunes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Erik_T For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st March 2012, 01:31 AM |#11  
ppalbicke's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 3,036
 
Donate to Me
More


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes