Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,208 Members 38,502 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Media Player w/Playlist backup

Tip us?

MaverickCoast
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Question Media Player w/Playlist backup

Looking for a (mp3)media player that can backup the playlists that are created and then can be restored when you wipe and install a new ROM.

I have tried PowerAmp, the stock Music Player, and Double Twist, but with no luck. Maybe I'm missing something.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!!
CURRENTLY: HTC One M8. (Verizon)
ROM: SkyFall 2.3 (but you never know)

Past:
Samsung Galaxy S3 (Verizon)
Samsung Note (AT&T)
Samsung Infuse (AT&T)
Samsung Captivate (AT&T)

youpiyo
Old
Thanks Meter 16
you can use the software or winamp. Before wiping you can do a nandroid or use titanium backup with backup App+data.
The Following User Says Thank You to youpiyo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MaverickCoast
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by youpiyo View Post
you can use the software or winamp. Before wiping you can do a nandroid or use titanium backup with backup App+data.

I use Titanium, but after restoring with Titanium, the playlists are empty. Haven't tried Winamp.

Past:
Samsung Note (AT&T)
Samsung Infuse (AT&T)
Samsung Captivate (AT&T)

Erik_T
Old
Thanks Meter 409
Google Music. Backs up everything to the cloud that I am aware of. It should bring back all your playlists. I don't use them. But I do know that all my songs are immediately brought back to working order. So there.

And you can access it on any computer that you log into with you Google account.

Thanks > > > >

I recommend this over others, because of it's cloud syncing features. If you have a large data plan, you can stream music you don't want wanna keep on your phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Erik_T For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ppalbicke
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 3022

DONATE TO ME
Yes google music keeps your playlists.

You can try the miui music player too, as it has playlists that I believe stay.

Latest Version of the Apk attached.
Attached Files
File Type: apk MiuiMusicV3.apk - [Click for QR Code] (963.9 KB, 42 views)
My AOKP Infuse tastes like JellyBeans
New Theme Chooser themes and Jelly Bean Stuff HERE Try them, tastes like chicken!
Theme Chooser Themes made Specifically for the Note and Paranoid Android: Go Here and Get Them
Emancipation Themes in the OTA: Deep Blue, Evergreen, Aztec, Eternus Veris, Blood Orange, Purps, Communion, Tame Blue, SuperNova, Pink something or other
Get your Dropbox Here

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ppalbicke For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mikig_mkd
Old
Thanks Meter 902

DONATE TO ME
Use Titanium Backup and Back up: [Playlists] Media Storage 2.x.x Next time just restore the same thing(data only) and the playlists are there

Simple as that.

Hope i helped
Previous Phone:AT&T Samsung Infuse 4G
Current Phone:Samsung GT-I9505 Galaxy S4

ROM: Chaos ROM 4.4.2 KitKat

Get your Dropbox with extra 500mb for free. Click HERE

The Following User Says Thank You to mikig_mkd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xIC-MACIx
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 3957

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickCoast View Post
Looking for a (mp3)media player that can backup the playlists that are created and then can be restored when you wipe and install a new ROM.

I have tried PowerAmp, the stock Music Player, and Double Twist, but with no luck. Maybe I'm missing something.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!!
Doin it wrong, I use Doubletwist to sync my itunes playlists, it puts the playlists on your internal, then use Poweramp as my main player which finds the playlists files with no problem.

When I flash a new rom I just select the "reset doubletwist" option or "rescan" option in poweramp. These option get the playlists back every time. (also in Poweramp you can select the music folder that poweramp searches for)
The Following User Says Thank You to xIC-MACIx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MaverickCoast
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Thank-you all for your suggestions.

I found out that if you use doubletwist on your phone with the desktop version (Didn't know there was a desktop version!), you can sync playlists from Windows Media Player to PC doubletwist which will then sync them to your phone.

I already had the playlists on WMP, so it turned out to be a simple solution!

Past:
Samsung Note (AT&T)
Samsung Infuse (AT&T)
Samsung Captivate (AT&T)

xIC-MACIx
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 3957

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickCoast View Post
Thank-you all for your suggestions.

I found out that if you use doubletwist on your phone with the desktop version (Didn't know there was a desktop version!), you can sync playlists from Windows Media Player to PC doubletwist which will then sync them to your phone.

I already had the playlists on WMP, so it turned out to be a simple solution!
Double Twist does come in handy, my biggest complaint on android is not having itunes...problem solved with doubletwist phone+desktop

Erik_T
Old
Thanks Meter 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by xIC-MACIx View Post
Doin it wrong, I use Doubletwist to sync my itunes playlists, it puts the playlists on your internal, then use Poweramp as my main player which finds the playlists files with no problem.

When I flash a new rom I just select the "reset doubletwist" option or "rescan" option in poweramp. These option get the playlists back every time. (also in Poweramp you can select the music folder that poweramp searches for)
Doing it wrong. Using iTunes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

The Following User Says Thank You to Erik_T For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]