Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,386 Members 52,225 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

RELEASE go launcher HD

Tip us?

snobrdinrtiste
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdinrtiste View Post
couple weird quirks here and there but has been working good so far thanks for the heads up!

Hi snobrdinrtiste, could you please share some infos regarding clock and IP address widgets? Also battery level with numbers? Big thanks!
clock is mclock widget with kingdonnaz' theme
IP widget is called wifi widget by ken burger I think...available in market
the battery percentage is part of my own personal custom rom... working with task650 ... will prolly do a limited release/test for the wifi version soon
The Following User Says Thank You to snobrdinrtiste For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bdroc
Old
Thanks Meter 18
great find, but ill wait a couple of weeks.

the most annoying thing is that it keeps saying unexpected error in the notification bar and i wish we could set it to have at least 1 more row... 5 is not quite enough

gtda
Old
Thanks Meter 36
This is how my app draw looks after a reboot

after turning it horizontal it fixes itself up

Hoping there will be more features coming soon

I like this one much better compared to adw and stock

Sent from my GT-P6810 using xda premium
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1330791429491.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	929169  
Device - Galaxy SIII
ROM - Neatrom MC3
Theme - Vertumus Jellybean Domination
Kernel - Googy 1.4
Modem - XXEMB5
Mods - No Increase Ringtone, CRT OFF

McDoPDA
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Doesn't work with HD Widgets :(
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 - Samsung Galaxy S4

hilaldroid
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Go Launcher HD is the best way for the moment to make your G-Tab 7.7 very fast.

I was surprised that Touchwiz UX is so so so laggy!!!

Thank you the Go Team

omarrabbat
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Default My opinions on some Launchers

All the customization options are gone in this HD version. Remember, this is a beta & I think these guys are awesome but it's not fully done yet.

I hate stock btw, it's waaaaaaaaaaay too slow, for now Go Launcher EX is the best in my opinion.

I bought SPB Shell 3D, it's cool & fast BUT: something's up with the graphics, they're kinda grainy, almost as if it's 16 bit color instead of 32. The biggest problem is it's so unstable. Almost unusable. I'm waiting for the next version to try it out.

I also have LauncherPro, it's not really that good for a tablet size since the icons stay small!

I've heard people say ADW is better but I haven't tried it out yet.

BTW, I don't carry my phone around with me anymore, I use my 7.7 as both phone and tablet (with bluetooth headset of course). Does anyone else use this thing as a phone or am I the only nut?

teiglin
Old
Thanks Meter 117

DONATE TO ME
I use ADW.EX, which is definitely worth the buy. It runs smoothly, and doesn't have any bugs I've come across. I haven't tried GO Launcher so I don't know what features you require in your launcher, but I've been comfortable with ADW for a long time now.

If you look around here, lots of people use the tab as their phone. For me, even though it fits in pocket (at least, for most of my pants), it's still big enough that it feels awkward, and I don't want to step up to carrying a murse around, so it's normal phone for me, plus tablet as needed.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to teiglin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jompet
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I've switched to it already from Go Launcher Ex which was pretty good on it's own to be honest but is much, much better.

Gone is the stupid dock left over from the portrait phone launcher days... this is a proper tablet launcher.

No problems at all here. No errors and HD Widgets work fine but would love the ability to hide apps like in ADWEX. Managing with folders right now.

Sent from my GT-P6810 using XDA Premium App
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1330908772949.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	931907   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1330908938219.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	931913  
SC12S, 5110, 3310, 8310, 5MX, XDA, XDA II, T610, RX3715, S710, E70, Qtek 9100, Curve 8310, iPhone, iPhone 3G, Nexus One, Desire, Desire HD, Streak 5, iPhone 4, Blade, Wildfire S, Galaxy S II, Nexus S, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy Note, R2H, Vega, iPad, Galaxy Tab, Transformer Prime, Galaxy Tab 7.7
  • GNex - Stock JB
  • Note - Unofficial CM10
  • 7.7 - Nexus 7.7 Unofficial CM10

omarrabbat
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jompet View Post
this is a proper tablet launcher.
Yes, but what bugs me is how this launcher only allows you to size the grid up to a maximum of 5 x 10!!

I have more real estate here than any dinky phone so how come I'm stuck with less than what LauncherPro, ADW, GO EX (10 x 10!), TW & probably others give me??

I'm sure the developers are working on a final version & I hope they listen to my feedback cuz I love it & really it's just that one thing that is bugging me.

speedofheat
Old
Thanks Meter 19
This has become my default launcher on my 7.7. TW is horribly laggy, which is a huge surprise for me, coming from the SGS2 and Note. I tried ADW EX as well, but it looked "clumsy" on the 7.7. Go Launcher HD looks very polished and professional in comparison, so it stays and ADWEx goes.
(Last device is current device, except where otherwise mentioned)
Android Phone: SGS --> SGS2 --> SGNote --> Galaxy Nexus --> HTC One X
Android Tablet: Tab 7.7 and Nexus 7 (16 GB)
Windows: Cassiopeia --> iMate JasJam --> Samsung Omnia 7
iOS Phone: iPhone --> iPhone 3GS --> iPhone 4 --> iPhone 5
iOS Tablet: iPad --> iPad 2 --> iPad 4
BlackBerry Phone: Curve --> Bold 9700 --> Torch 9800 --> Bold 9900
Blackberry Tablet: Playbook 32 GB
Symbian: Nokia E91 Communicator --> Nokia 808 Pureview