Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,869 Members 39,375 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: How would you like your memory cards to be set up stock?
Samsung: /emmc external, /sdcard internal 157 66.81%
Normal: /sdcard external, /emmc internal 58 24.68%
Build both because I am indecisive. 20 8.51%
Voters: 235. You may not vote on this poll

[ROM] [ICS] Android Open Kang Project - galaxysmtd - Milestone 6

Tip us?

fishears
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2692
Quote:
Originally Posted by groksteady View Post
thanks fishears, I think I'm getting on the right track with this AOSP standard now. I'm using the original b35, not the one that six posted.

What folders need to get moved so apps can access them with the AOSP standard? Originally, Rom Toolbox could find my backups, but I could see them in manual recovery. I copied the Clockworkmod folder from emmc to sdcard, and now Rom Toolbox sees them. But I don't know where they should truly be kept -- I suspect that when I make another nandroid (in manual recovery), it'll get put in emmc and Rom Toolbox won't see it. I saw another thing that mentioned copying over sdcard/Android and sdcard/data to emmc. All seems to work fine for now, but I have redundancies everywhere.

I don't really care either what the storages are named, and I'm not all hot to get them back to how Samsung did it. But considering that all future builds/releases will probably sdcard=external, I'd like to switch over whichever folders I need to now.
What do you mean "redundencies"? If you move the folders from internal storage to sdcard then all should work. Did your picture preview come back when you moved "DCIM"?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Bejda
Old
Thanks Meter 1829
On this french thread you'll find (first text part,big bold letters) a "normal" SdCardsMounts update.zip that will get you back to /emmc = external ; /sdcard = internal.
http://galaxys-team.fr/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=23608
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bejda For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ALESSIO94x
Old
Thanks Meter 357
Wonderful! Thanks for the fix
My ROMs:

Do you like my works? If you want, you can offer me a Coke.

darixtorento
Old
Thanks Meter 20
guys i still have problems with the market..
I have done all the steps mentioned in general UI settings, and the market works fine(DPI 240), but whenever I change my DPI to 200, some market apps (facebook, youtube and more..) become invisible and I cant download/ see those apps.
in market it says on facebook app "your device sn't compatible with this version"

(im using AOKP B35, SGS1, Devil kernel)

PLEASE HELP ME, THANK!!

groksteady
Old
Thanks Meter 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishears View Post
What do you mean "redundencies"? If you move the folders from internal storage to sdcard then all should work. Did your picture preview come back when you moved "DCIM"?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2
redundancies because I copied these folders, not moved. I had them in both sdcard and emmc.

I wasn't the one who posted about the picture preview problem in the camera. I just ran with your answer. I copied all photos in emmc/DCIM over to sdcard/DCIM and deleted the folder from emmc. This sorts out a lot better in my Gallery, and yeah, the picture preview is there. So this works, thanks.

I posted bc I wasn't sure what folders should be where, especially ones created by apps ages ago.

for instance: After the switch to emmc=internal, I no longer saw my nandroid backups in Rom Toolbox, only in manual recovery. (not a big deal, just an example.) Today I copied the Clockworkmod folder over to sdcard, and they were viewable both ways. Just now I deleted the folder from emmc. They're still viewable in Rom Toolbox, but in manual recovery, they're under "restore from internal sd". So that must mean that manual recovery believes that "sdcard" is internal, not external, right?

This is driving me bat****, because I can't keep this straight in my head, and feel like I have to write down every step I do to remember. Anyway, it's moot for now; everything is working. But if there is a preferred place for some of these folders (like sdcard/Android or sdcard/data) someone please tell me.
Home is where the ~ is.

betovanbuuren
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejda View Post
On this french thread you'll find (first text part,big bold letters) a "normal" SdCardsMounts update.zip that will get you back to /emmc = external ; /sdcard = internal.
So i think the best combination so far is to flash the original build 35 with these fix, as many people reported issues with the fixed b35 right?

groksteady
Old
Thanks Meter 105
Quote:
Thanks; this part is helpful to me:

"il faut donc déplacer les dossiers tels que: Android; data; Gameloft; etc ça reste l'inverse pour le recovery."
Home is where the ~ is.

Bejda
Old
(Last edited by Bejda; 11th May 2012 at 05:03 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1829
Don't know much about issues related to sd swap cause i didn't stay long in the "inverted" configuration,it could certainly have avantages and for us to get used to it but it's a matter of choice too so...
Note that the zip doesn't include vold.conf but i don't think it's needed.

Here's the guy who made this great french topic:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=4546700
If it helps he deserves the thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to Bejda For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sixstringsg
Old
Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 7006

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by darixtorento View Post
guys i still have problems with the market..
I have done all the steps mentioned in general UI settings, and the market works fine(DPI 240), but whenever I change my DPI to 200, some market apps (facebook, youtube and more..) become invisible and I cant download/ see those apps.
in market it says on facebook app "your device sn't compatible with this version"

(im using AOKP B35, SGS1, Devil kernel)

PLEASE HELP ME, THANK!!
First off, you posted that a page or two back, please do not spam the thread. Second, you are using first of all an unsupported kernel, and a DPI that isn't stock. I will not be providing you with support, use stock DPI or don't complain.
Don't like my answer? Whatch this or read this
Are you a dev still using mediafire or dropbox for hosting? PM me up and we'll get that fixed.

Smartg2os
Old
(Last edited by Smartg2os; 11th May 2012 at 06:16 PM.)
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Don't know much about issues related to sd swap cause i didn't stay long in the "inverted" configuration,it could certainly have avantages and for us to get used to it but it's a matter of choice too so...
Note that the zip doesn't include vold.conf but i don't think it's needed.

Here's the guy who made this great french topic:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=4546700
If it helps he deserves the thanks
I've just updated my add-ons and added the right vold.conf in each zip.
Press ctrl+s or cmd+s to download, firefox can block download popup, just allow and retry
InvertedSDcards (included in Build 35)
NormalSDcardsMount
I use Drive instead of Dropbox to prevent unalvailability due to bandwidth exeeding.
Don't forget credits if you share my add-ons and press the thanks button!

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Smartg2os For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
aokp, ics_viber