Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,332 Members 53,105 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Ps2 emulator

Tip us?

sprintuser1977
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 373
Default Ps2 emulator

There is a ps2 emulator on the market and I own just about every one there is. The reviews on this one are either great or they say it completely sucks. Anyone had any first hand experience with this thing

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

WereCatf
Old
Thanks Meter 206
I do not believe even for a second that there would exist a fully-functioning PS2 emulator for Android devices. A Core 2 Duo can't run any PS2 games playably, there's no way a mobile device with ARM-processor would either.
Male hypocrisy: when guys suck it's a bad thing, but when girls do it it's suddenly an absolutely fantastic thing. Hm.

NZtechfreak
Old
(Last edited by NZtechfreak; 1st March 2012 at 06:02 AM.)
Thanks Meter 913
Reviews either suck or sing it's praises? Sounds like developer and co giving good ratings and actual users giving actual ratings?

EDIT: Ah, just checked. Developer website down, everything just reeks of fraud.
Twitter: @nztechfreak
Blogs: androidnz.net, blog.clove.co.uk
Facebook: http://goo.gl/baZHQ

WereCatf
Old
Thanks Meter 206
Tbh, I do not understand people who even ask these kinds of things. Where's your common sense? How could a mobile device with a fraction of a proper PC's performance run a PS2 emulator when PC's themselves are struggling with that?
Male hypocrisy: when guys suck it's a bad thing, but when girls do it it's suddenly an absolutely fantastic thing. Hm.

sprintuser1977
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by WereCatf View Post
Tbh, I do not understand people who even ask these kinds of things. Where's your common sense? How could a mobile device with a fraction of a proper PC's performance run a PS2 emulator when PC's themselves are struggling with that?
Don't question my common sense asshat. Android phones lower end than the note run an n64 emulator and also at one point were running a friggin dreamcast emulator so don't tell me what is and isn't possible on high end phones by great developers unless you are a great developer yourself

From the Beast : Galaxy Note
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sprintuser1977 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

WereCatf
Old
Thanks Meter 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintuser1977 View Post
Don't question my common sense asshat. Android phones lower end than the note run an n64 emulator and also at one point were running a friggin dreamcast emulator so don't tell me what is and isn't possible on high end phones by great developers unless you are a great developer yourself
You're comparing N64 and PS2?

Uh, I think I'll leave this at that, no point in arguing if you believe they are anywhere near comparable.
The Following User Says Thank You to WereCatf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Zamboney
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by WereCatf View Post
You're comparing N64 and PS2?

Uh, I think I'll leave this at that, no point in arguing if you believe they are anywhere near comparable.
Just look at his nick. Says it all...

Sent from my superior GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

sprintuser1977
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 373
I wasn't comparing an n64 and a ps2 great android developers that you are. I was making a point that if a low end cheap phone could run a n64 and dreamcast emulator that was said not to be able to by know it all great ones like y'all then a high end phone could possibly run a ps2 one. There has been tons of things done on android that "was not possible" according to geniuses like you that has been done. You tards get off my thread, you are not helping nor contributing any help. What's it with all these xda kid trolls taking over :banghead:

From the Beast : Galaxy Note

GallardosEggrollShop
Old
Thanks Meter 27
While probable, it is highly unlikely that a PS2 emulator is even possible even with the right software and development. It is just too taxing of an emulation. My high end desktop can run certain games great but then struggles to render other games. I'm not saying it wouldn't be nice though, I've been wanting to play some PS2 rpgs on the go for a very long time.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
HTC/AT&T 8525->iPhone 2g->Blackberry Curve->T-mobile G1->iPhone 3G->iPhone 3GS->iPhone 4->Samsung Infuse 4G->Samsung Galaxy Note->iPhone 4S->iPhone 5
Current->Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900T (Rooted/Rom'd)

DPMAce
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Good question. I was wondering the same thing

T-Mobile HD2 / CoreDroid vFroyo 1.7

Now using Samsung Galaxy Note

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe