OP chris.wueste

2nd March 2012, 12:50 PM   |  #21  
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,467

7,378 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monk4Life

I had the same problems with mine up until about a week ago. I read an article that stated it wasn't the phones problem but a battery problem due to LG batteries having a bad batch and overall suck. I ordered a anker battery off of eBay and guess what? I have not had one single issue again for a week straight. Same rom and kernel as before. So to anyone having issues and are using the stock battery replace it with a non OEM brand.

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

I was just about to post this! My 1550 mAh Anker battery lasts me from 6am to around 11pm when I charge it. Not only are any issues gone (sometimes had random reboots, maybe 3-4 times a week, nothing big but still annoying especially if I'm listening to music), but it also lasts maybe 2 hours longer for me than stock. Try this before you sell it. You'll regret it later of you don't. (;

Sent from my amazing G2X running Bionic Reloaded v1.2.1
The Following User Says Thank You to theking_13 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd March 2012, 02:04 PM   |  #22  
Flag Fort Lauderdale
Thanks Meter: 8

64 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris.wueste

I don't feel that I am missing out in any way shape or form. After having a Nexus S in the past and having used my mom's nexus s since the 4.0.3 update, I can tell you that it blows my G2X out of the water. Single core or not, I will take a bugless interface over what I have been dealing with on the G2X. I am unable to keep it on for more than an hour at a time, at which point I get the sleep of death. This is my 3rd G2X and they have all had the same issues. I have tried every custom rom and every kernel and every combination in between. I am experienced with flashing roms and kernels and can not for the life of me make this phone worth anything. I'm done with it. So yeah...I am considering going back to the Nexus S.

One more thing. Thank you so much to all of the devs for the G2X. Thanks for all of the work that all of you have put in trying to make this phone everything it should be. You are very much appreciated.

Bye bye!!!!!! And good riddance!!!!!

2nd March 2012, 02:30 PM   |  #23  
Flag Miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 82

446 posts
More
If you are done with the g2x and can get $240 for it you should take it. They routinely sell for less (on craigslist anyhow).

I also agree with whoever recommended raising the minimum frequency on setCPU, it solved my SOD problems on faux OC/UV kernel and it's working great!
2nd March 2012, 02:49 PM   |  #24  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 1

33 posts
More
I think the G2x is a great phone. I was never exposed to the phones flaws because i rooted mine immediately after buying it on Ebay. I must say the developer support is Amazing and i'm sure there are more optimizations to come. With that being said if you have the cash and are in for a new phone, go with one of those quad core monstrosities that will be popping up soon. Then again, who is to say those phones will not have issues of their own?
2nd March 2012, 04:46 PM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 10

268 posts
More
I am truly sorry to hear that. I have had great luck with my G2x. With customs roms it never freezes, I never experience the SOD, and it is blazingly fast. Battery life has also been really good. It hasn't so much as stuttered. As we all know though every device is different. I don't know how you managed to get three devices that have the same problems but that really sucks. It's going to be a long time before I replace my G2x.
3rd March 2012, 04:48 AM   |  #26  
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 246

1,061 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monk4Life

I had the same problems with mine up until about a week ago. I read an article that stated it wasn't the phones problem but a battery problem due to LG batteries having a bad batch and overall suck. I ordered a anker battery off of eBay and guess what? I have not had one single issue again for a week straight. Same rom and kernel as before. So to anyone having issues and are using the stock battery replace it with a non OEM brand.

I agree. The battery was/is an issue, especially for those people that are buying used devices. I have five of these phones. Two had issues. New battery in one fixed it. The other one I swaped at T-Mobile. Considering starting a service to repair dead G2x's. Cheap replacement battery and the right software can do wonders
3rd March 2012, 06:09 AM   |  #27  
Flag Guatemala
Thanks Meter: 50

600 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackpbj

Are we getting it for sure on T mobile USA. Plus should I really trust their homemade apple pie(in-house developed quad core processor)???

I have used several international Huawei before and they all have been sub-par. they really are a budget phone maker and I don't want to be their Guinea pig for the high end market.

I would love to get my hands on A nokia pureview 808 if we can get CM on it and it doesn't take away from the camera.

I love my G2x specially now that ICS is knocking our doors, so I'm sticking a little bit more with it till I probably gave it to my wife and get my hands over a Quad Core.

Dunno for shure, Im not an US T-Mo user... Never had the opportunity to use one of their products but this benchs look promising http://www.androidauthority.com/huaw...s-specs-57348/

Nobody gave a sh*t for HTC before 2000 and now they have some pretty decent decives, and for a quad core that will cost arround 20% - 50% less than competing devices... I'm in!

Sent from my LG-P999
Last edited by albertorodast2007; 3rd March 2012 at 06:13 AM.
3rd March 2012, 06:23 AM   |  #28  
Flag Johns Creek
Thanks Meter: 296

1,750 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by g2xkid

Bye bye!!!!!! And good riddance!!!!!

Don't be like that.

---------- Post added at 01:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by theking_13

I was just about to post this! My 1550 mAh Anker battery lasts me from 6am to around 11pm when I charge it. Not only are any issues gone (sometimes had random reboots, maybe 3-4 times a week, nothing big but still annoying especially if I'm listening to music), but it also lasts maybe 2 hours longer for me than stock. Try this before you sell it. You'll regret it later of you don't. (;

Sent from my amazing G2X running Bionic Reloaded v1.2.1

I can actually get over 60 hours of light use on my stock batter with my ROM/Kernel and tweaks combo.

But I get SOD's so I'm probably going to get a seidio innocel 1750 mah, more expensive but I'd rather not take a chance with those random companies I've never heard of, especially when they have a reputation for being less than 1500 mah and for frying phones.
3rd March 2012, 11:59 PM   |  #29  
Cupertino
Thanks Meter: 4

42 posts
More
I've never had any problems even on the stock rom. Except for lag
4th March 2012, 05:13 AM   |  #30  
Flag Markham
Thanks Meter: 153

531 posts
Donate to Me
More
Love the phone except Bluetooth issues.

<= 2.3.3 the connection would be lost but the phone doesn't think so. This is regardless of ROM.

>2.3.3 won't mute the microphone when audio is being routed through Bluetooth.

I need to take it back or put it under a bus and see if it fixed the problem.

I guess no phone is perfect!

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread