Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,659 Members 44,934 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Camera glass replacement?

Tip us?

jtdogblue
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Default Camera glass replacement?

I broke the glass behind the bezel and in front of my camera. I've checked everywhere I can think of and can't find it. Does anyone know where I can find one?

cmlusco
Old
Thanks Meter 921

DONATE TO ME
I thought the glass was part of thw bezel?
Sent From My HTC One (M7WLV) S-OFF Rooted
Hboot: 1.56.0000 (Unlocked)
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.4
Baseband: 1.13.41.0109_2
Kernel: ElementalX 13.5
PRL: 15287
Rom: Stock OTA 3.11.605.1

VZW HTC One Files - VZW1FILES.DYNDNS.ORG

HTC Incredible Files - DINC.DOES-IT.NET

jtdogblue
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Nope. If it was, all the ebay stuff would work. Unfortunately, no glass included. One more post and I can finally start helping in the dev section! By way of rigorously testing the roms and reporting every little issue

cmlusco
Old
Thanks Meter 921

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtdogblue View Post
Nope. If it was, all the ebay stuff would work. Unfortunately, no glass included. One more post and I can finally start helping in the dev section! By way of rigorously testing the roms and reporting every little issue
I tried googling for it but could only find the bezel. Your best bet would probably be to find broken inc phone cheap (good glass of course), and take the glass out of it and put it in yours. You could probably get it direct from htc, but who knows what they would charge you.
Sent From My HTC One (M7WLV) S-OFF Rooted
Hboot: 1.56.0000 (Unlocked)
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.4
Baseband: 1.13.41.0109_2
Kernel: ElementalX 13.5
PRL: 15287
Rom: Stock OTA 3.11.605.1

VZW HTC One Files - VZW1FILES.DYNDNS.ORG

HTC Incredible Files - DINC.DOES-IT.NET

BrettApple
Old
Thanks Meter 124
Back in August the entire glass element AND the bezel wouldn't stay on the phone, so I had to replace the entire back housing just for the lens.

Then a couple months after that, I dropped it from about 3 feet while sitting on a chair and cracked the lens. Been like that since, but it doesn't affect the photos as far as I can tell. Unless the sunlight is hitting it at just the right angle.

Also replaced the speaker 3 times, until I found out I can just use a magnet to pull metal shavings off of it

And yet, I've never broken the glass. It's been dropped off the top of my truck (long way down), dropped in a pool w/100% submersion, and fell out of my pocket while on an ATV and run over. Soft ground saved it there as it was able to sink in. Never had a case either.

iPhone 5 (64GB); iPhone 4S; iPhone 4 CDMA; iPad mini; iPod touch 4G;
Mid 2010 15" MacBook Pro; Early 2008 "BlackBook"; looking for my next Android device

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefyocum View Post
I think we need a support group. Flashers anonymous. We might draw the wrong crowd though.

synisterwolf
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2161
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettApple View Post
Back in August the entire glass element AND the bezel wouldn't stay on the phone, so I had to replace the entire back housing just for the lens.

Then a couple months after that, I dropped it from about 3 feet while sitting on a chair and cracked the lens. Been like that since, but it doesn't affect the photos as far as I can tell. Unless the sunlight is hitting it at just the right angle.

Also replaced the speaker 3 times, until I found out I can just use a magnet to pull metal shavings off of it

And yet, I've never broken the glass. It's been dropped off the top of my truck (long way down), dropped in a pool w/100% submersion, and fell out of my pocket while on an ATV and run over. Soft ground saved it there as it was able to sink in. Never had a case either.

do you have a place called "tap plastics" in your town? they can make you an acrylic one that will work. http://www.tapplastics.com/ they just need the dims and thinkness of the glass used to be. or take it in to them. shouldnt cost to much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Internet
You learn something new everyday. Unless you have a brain injury, then it's all pretty much yelling and coloring.

.Grizz.
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettApple View Post

The same thing happened to my camera lens too but i cant tell any difference when taking photos.