Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,156 Members 40,332 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][ICS 4.0.4][NTFS][3G] Megatron (CM9 based) [v1.1.6] (Cornerstone Available)

Tip us?

JerryGNYC
Old
Thanks Meter 706
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardopvz View Post
Try to lock the launcher in memory.
That's a memory issue. Maybe you have many Widgets and live wallpaper (and maybe many apps open), which consumes a lot of ram.
Also if you have wake lock, uninstall it.

Next version will maybe have the theme system.
Actually it is easier than I thought.
How do you lock the launcher in memory. Is it the same as on my EVO, adding a setting to build.prop?

Themes?!?! Cool!

Thanks,
-Jerry
"Common sense is on perpetual backorder..."
Devices: SPH-L720T NC6 | HTC EVO 4G LTE, HW Rev 0003, S-OFF | Asus TF101 HW B70
>>> If you've found any post helpful, please press its "THANKS" button <<<
Thanks to all the devs (ROMs, mods, themes, apps, etc.) who make our devices great(er)!
"I am NOT who I look like..."

ricardopvz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 756

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryGNYC View Post
How do you lock the launcher in memory. Is it the same as on my EVO, adding a setting to build.prop?

Themes?!?! Cool!

Thanks,
-Jerry
Idk. Try it. Supercharger script can lock it. Some launcher have that option.
But if you have wake lock, uninstall it and see if the issue is still there.

And the themes will only be able to change some icons and other things for now. It will be able to change much more as the versions go on.

nerdfacenyan
Old
Thanks Meter 169

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroTrain View Post
Has anyone experienced the icons / widgets disappearing from the desktop? Has happened to me 3 times. Running this rom, guevver kernel test 15 and either stock or Apex launcher the icons vanish with only the live wallpaper showing. Had to reboot to clear the issue.
I have also experienced this problem, but with Nova Launcher. A reboot of the launcher (Nova has it in settings, not sure about Apex, but Trebuchet you have to FC the app in settings) works
iPhone 5S, T-Mobile. iOS 7.1.1
Lumia 1520, T-Mobile. WP 8.1 Developer Preview, Lumia Black
LG G Flex, T-Mobile. Rooted Stock.
HTC Rezound, Wifi Only. Software currently undecided
iPad Air, T-Mobile. iOS 7.1.1
HTC HD2, Wifi Only, running whatever I want it to run (best thing a customer ever gave me)
Infrequent poster. T-Mobile Sales Representative. I don't speak in an official capacity for T-Mobile.

AstroTrain
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardopvz View Post
Try to lock the launcher in memory.
That's a memory issue. Maybe you have many Widgets and live wallpaper (and maybe many apps open), which consumes a lot of ram.
Also if you have wake lock, uninstall it.
Yeah, I think it is my live wallpaper that is sucking up all the ram, don't have wake lock no point as this great rom and the t15 kernel is not causing any SODs or RRs.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdfacenyan View Post
I have also experienced this problem, but with Nova Launcher. A reboot of the launcher (Nova has it in settings, not sure about Apex, but Trebuchet you have to FC the app in settings) works
Good idea, Apex does indeed have the restart launcher feature, will try that than complete reboot, I wanna see how many days I can keep this thing going without reboot.

Hammerfest
Old
Thanks Meter 278

DONATE TO ME
if only someone could get SWAP and ZRAM into a kernel...

My HD2 benefits greatly from these 2 additions... ZERO launcher issues compared to my TF101 and my HD2 only has 400MB~ usable RAM to start with compared to the TF101's 700MB~ (thats right, 256MB is dedicated to GPU and then some more to the kernel and stuff....)

:P

Wonder if its possible to use the Aroma Installer (CWM installer... its full of win) to package the ROM with options like ODEX and such...
Have I in some way helped you?
Perhaps I made a post of an issue that you also have?
Think i'm such a nice/swell guy*
Then hit the THANKS button!

I'm not, I'm annoying, if you think otherwise
please seek medical/mental assistance ASAP!

TouchPro, TouchPro2, HeroC, HD2, Evo3D, EvoShift, PhotonQ, GalaxyNote, MORE...

ShortRound51
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroTrain View Post
Has anyone experienced the icons / widgets disappearing from the desktop? Has happened to me 3 times. Running this rom, guevver kernel test 15 and either stock or Apex launcher the icons vanish with only the live wallpaper showing. Had to reboot to clear the issue.
In settings, under '{ } Developer options', check 'Kill app back button'. Anytime the launcher does it just long press the back button and it will kill it and the next available currently running program will be presented. You could press home and the launcher will reinitialize, or, as I like to do, kill everything via long press until the launcher is restarted.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to ShortRound51 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gsantovena
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by I2IEAILiiTY View Post
Yup. The other things install like they should, but polaris says it was downloaded but it's a zip file that's supposed to be flashed in cwm, so I press reboot to recovery when prompted and can't find it. Then I reboot and look for it w/ a file manager and it's not where it says it's downloading to...
This is happening to me too: it says MD5 check is ok, and the zip is not there.

Anyone knows why?

Btw: this is the best ROM i've ever tried. Thanks Ricardo.

I2IEAILiiTY Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsantovena View Post
This is happening to me too: it says MD5 check is ok, and the zip is not there.

Anyone knows why?

Btw: this is the best ROM i've ever tried. Thanks Ricardo.

I found the zip somewhere else. Here's a link to it on my box account: http://www.box.com/s/70b90bb6d3612667e849
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nerdfacenyan
Old
Thanks Meter 169

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortRound51 View Post
In settings, under '{ } Developer options', check 'Kill app back button'. Anytime the launcher does it just long press the back button and it will kill it and the next available currently running program will be presented. You could press home and the launcher will reinitialize, or, as I like to do, kill everything via long press until the launcher is restarted.

I have to second this, especially since the 'kill app back button' is useful in many more situations than this, if it were up to me, it'd be default. sure as heck beats going to settings>applications>all>(app)>force close
iPhone 5S, T-Mobile. iOS 7.1.1
Lumia 1520, T-Mobile. WP 8.1 Developer Preview, Lumia Black
LG G Flex, T-Mobile. Rooted Stock.
HTC Rezound, Wifi Only. Software currently undecided
iPad Air, T-Mobile. iOS 7.1.1
HTC HD2, Wifi Only, running whatever I want it to run (best thing a customer ever gave me)
Infrequent poster. T-Mobile Sales Representative. I don't speak in an official capacity for T-Mobile.

kingoanklebreakn
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdfacenyan View Post
I have to second this, especially since the 'kill app back button' is useful in many more situations than this, if it were up to me, it'd be default. sure as heck beats going to settings>applications>all>(app)>force close
Yeah that's also how I deal with the problem.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2