[ROM] Cow ROM v7 (Bionic Cow 2)
Version 7 of Cow ROM: Bionic Cow 2.
- For arco68
It's basically an update to Bionic Cow using latest firmware from Sammy - I8150DXLC1. Features:
1) The OC kernel has been rewrote. It should be more stable and graphic score improved.
2) Bionic Scorpion Optimization library. Using NEON instructions for faster memory operations. Learned from arco68 github for ICS.
3) CowPanel 2 - use this util to configure VSYnc on/off. For speed, use VSync off. For smooth, use VSync on + triple buffering. Read more here
. You also may configure zRam option here. zRam is off by default. Read more here
4) Many CPU governors
: Default using OnDemandX
for best battery; 80% left in 24 hours. Use "Performance" for benchmarking.
5) More RAM - 358Mb available, compare to 351Mb in stock ROM.
6) Using a super light Zeam Launcher
. Thanks cloakt for permission to use.
7) Internal / external sd card swap, CRT screen off effect, Low Memory Killer Tweaked, OnDemandX tweaked, Custom Bootup animation and Larger SD Card cache, Voice Search, etc.
8) Based on arco68 GB kernel. Without which, none of this is possible.
Special thanks to arco68, tch9, andynroid and pinkyunki, Murny Umairah, Myrule Anarki, Santos San Martin and Mohd Fazrin Daud from SGW group
: Don't use OC ROM unless you know what you are doing. The ROM will automatically reset to 1.4ghz - OnDemandX after reboot as a safety precaution. I only set to 1.8ghz OC for short time during Cheat Engine hacks, zip / unzip, benchmark, etc. I always reset back to max 1.4ghz for normal used. I strongly recommend you to set a temperature profile if CPU ever get above 50C you should lower max clock back to 1.4ghz.
So, here is the link:
Part 1: http://www.mediafire.com/?b0hcu82bpq9cu9n
Part 2: http://www.mediafire.com/?6qy19q4995g75w0
Part 1: http://www.mediafire.com/?7k7ei26n46e44bb
Part 2: http://www.mediafire.com/?e368mc427y19611
Here is how to install the ROM:
1. Enable recovery
2. Use 7zip, right click on xxxx.001, extract. It will create the zip file required for flashing. Copy this zip into your phone. (Don't extract xxx.002)
3. Boot into ClockWorkMod / RZRecovery, backup your current ROM using nandroid (just in case).
4. If you are upgrading
from my previous ROM;
installing the ROM, Uninstall CowPanel: Setting, Application, Cowpanel, uninstall
- Wipe Dalvik-cache. All your settings and app will remained. Theme will changed though.
5. If you are installing from stock or from other custom ROM, best to wipe everything using CWM, including your USB and external sd card. Reinstall everything from fresh, don't restore anything from Titanium Backup or anything.
Google Map? Missing apk? Original theme?
If you want to restore to stock theme, get all the apk here
: If you encounter FC or any problem, please provide logcat so I may trace it:
1. Connect phone to USB
2. adb logcat > log.txt
3. In your phone, reproduce the crash / FC / etc
4. Kill all adb process in your PC
5. Zip and send me the log.txt
Update Radio Firmware
I8150DXLC1 comes with an updated Radio firmware. This should improve voice call quality. Check if you need to update this, go to Check "Setting", "About phone", "Baseband version". If you already have I8150DXLC1 or newer you dont need this. If not, use Odin to flash this. This will only update the Radio firmware, nothing else will change. You can do this before or after install Bionic Cow 2 ROM.
1. Get Odin
2. Get ancora.ops
3. Get radio firmware
into "download mode". Connect phone to PC. Start Odin
5. Select OPS file = ancora.ops. Select One Package = radio firmware, check "One package", "Auto reboot", "Protect OPS".
6. Start and wait till it complete.
Old Bionic 1
Part 1: http://www.mediafire.com/?6994bk9qhxkde8w
Part 2: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?gvc1j2da6c51u5a
- Refer to this guide
on how to extract this. Thanks andynroid.
OC: (link fixed)
Part 1: http://www.mediafire.com/?cr5nc6zb1k5w0ye
Part 2: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?u1xp01yr15saujw
Disclaimer: I am not responsible if you brick your phone I tried it, it work on my phone and a few others.