Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,563 Members 45,125 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] PLEASE HELP i cant flash rom :( =SOLVED=

Tip us?

revnu
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
UPDATE:

stock ROM from vodafone is now flashing with rsd-lite !!!!

i hope this "strange bug" is gone after this process.

after me system is fresh and new im going to test again, and i bet it will boot in recovery without problems.

also i did another rootmethod and had different (better) results than gaining writeacess via adb-shell. with my "superoneclick"root adb showed "read only" message then trying to push an app !! ...but anyway, after the better rootmethod and confirming that i can push apps (writeacess) bootstrap didnt work.

.....ohh sbf-flash finished )) wait ill check !!

revnu
Old
(Last edited by revnu; 5th March 2012 at 03:11 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Ok now im absolutly sure, that something is really strange here !!!

ich sucessfully flashed the orginal 2.2.1 ROM from this side

device stared, regular.....then, without making ANY changes (no installing programms or stuff like that) i connected the phone via usb (debugging on, only-load-mode)

then i rooted it using this method, and pushed the droid2bootstrab.apk via abd-shell, all worked, no error, that i have only readpermissions. the files i used are all from this links.

i restarted phone. then i opened bootstrap, installed bootstrap, pressed "reboot recovery".....and.....

.....same sh**t

at this point i really believe vodafone did something to protect the bootloader better, then in older versions ?!?!

i mean it is a clean install. the root method i posted on this side, seems so be a good method (i think itz level3-root but im not sure)

ok, to be realistic (because flashing seems to be possible with the right image) i think the only sollution ist to not really find the error, but solve the problem by burning another ROM via sbf-flash.

is it possible to just flash the ROM i want, via rsd-lite ? or at least flash another MOD (even then its not german, how i like it) ??

EDIT: i now try to downgrade to 2.0 and look if problem presists.....

revnu
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
bah, im not able to downgrade, just because all links to firmwares are down

i heared about a program called "open recovery" perhaps i could try it with that...but i think itz not working with milestome 2

sahilarora911
Old
(Last edited by sahilarora911; 5th March 2012 at 04:42 PM.)
Thanks Meter 63
hey, the sbf links that you just gave are NOT MILESTONE 2. If you successfully installed an SBF from that site then you may not have a MS2. MS2 is A953.

Do you have a milestone 2 or some other Moto phone?
Sahil

Galaxy Note 3 | ROM - Stock
Nexus 4 | ROM - Paranoid Android 4.4
Other phones - Motorola Milestone 2 | HTC HD2

revnu
Old
(Last edited by revnu; 5th March 2012 at 05:40 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahilarora911 View Post
hey, the sbf links that you just gave are NOT MILESTONE 2. If you successfully installed an SBF from that site then you may not have a MS2. MS2 is A953.

Do you have a milestone 2 or some other Moto phone?
OMG !!!!!!!!!

WE HAVE THE ERROR !!!!!!!!

THX 4 THAT!!!!!

The Telephone was a gift. A friend gave me. He said it is a Milestone2. And the original package where the tel was in was a Milestone 2 package !!!!! So the illusion was perfect. I all time tried to flash a Milestone2-CostumROM on a Milestone1

the funny fact is, that we found this out, because i flashed by mistake a milestone1-image on a (how i thought) "Milestone2"

revnu
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
OMG, days, and days of questions & frustration, and everything because someone gave me a milestone1 in a milestone2-package and telling me itz a MS2.

But now, without problems i installed CyanogenMod 6.3.6

everything is fine.

THX again for helping me out

sahilarora911
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Good that your frustration is finally over. Have fun!!
Sahil

Galaxy Note 3 | ROM - Stock
Nexus 4 | ROM - Paranoid Android 4.4
Other phones - Motorola Milestone 2 | HTC HD2

Tags
flash rom problem