Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,660 Members 54,481 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[CDMA] Droid RAZR Utility [WINDOWS]

Tip us?

mattlgroff
Old
(Last edited by mattlgroff; 10th April 2012 at 02:54 AM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 2365

DONATE TO ME
Default [CDMA] Droid RAZR Utility [WINDOWS]

Droid RAZR Utility 1.51 for WINDOWS

This is a FULL recovery to 6.12.173 included. Its compatible with restoring from the ICS leak.

I recommend not running this from the root of the C drive. Users have had issues apparently

Motorola Drivers (If its not working install this.)
32 Bit Link: http://www.motorola....river_5.4.0.exe
64 Bit Link: http://goo-inside.me...5.4.0_64bit.msi

Droid RAZR Utility 1.51
Download link(s)

Torrent: http://www.filefacto...BLE_zip_torrent

Direct Download: http://www.filefacto..._COMPATIBLE_zip

What do these actually do?
Restore Droid RAZR to 6.12.173 (Fastboot Restore. RSD Lite alternative. Must be in AP Fastboot Mode to do this)
Gingerbread Root (Roots 2.3.6 and below for Motorola Droids. Have USB Debugging enabled to do this. )
Unroot (Must be rooted to do this. Have USB Debugging enabled to do this.)
Install Voodoo&amp;#39;s OTA Rootkeeper App</strong> (Use this app to stay rooted after an OTA. Have USB Debugging enabled to do this.)
Install Bootstrap Recovery App (Use this to make nandroid backups and flash Roms, themes, or mods. Have USB Debugging enabled to do this. Do not install this AND Safestrap. Pick one.
Install Safestrap Recovery App (Use this to make nandroid backups and flash Roms, themes, or mods. Have USB Debugging enabled to do this. Can essentially dual boot. NOT RECOMMENDED FOR NEW USERS. Do not install this AND Bootstrap. Pick one.
Overclock Install (http://www.droidrzr....our-droid-razr/ See coryjohn's guide on Overclocking. Have USB Debugging enabled to do this.)
System Pull (This is NOT a recovery program or backup program. This is for devs and power users. Have USB Debugging enabled to do this.)
Droid RAZR Root for ICS 4.0.3 (The GSM ICS leak can be rooted with this. Our ICS may also be.)
Boot into Fastboot from Debugging (Exactly what it says. Have USB Debugging enabled to do this.)
Boot Normally from Fastboot (If you are in Fastboot mode you can use this to boot normally)
Boot into Motorola Recovery from Fastboot (Read above. Exactly what it says it what it does.)
Boot into Motorola Recovery from Debugging (Have USB Debugging enabled to do this.)
ADB Shell (A way to more manually control your phone. For power users and devs. Have USB Debugging enabled to do this.)
Reboot Phone (Have USB Debugging enabled to do this.)
---Special Thanks---
dhacker29 for being very helpful and telling me commands I was blanking on...generally being awesome!
DroidTh3ory for being very helpful at many times...generally being awesome!

Feel free to donate if you wanna help out (Premium file upload accounts, test devices, etc.)
The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to mattlgroff For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lucidvtec
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Awesome

Thx man...really helped me out

Keep it up

Sent from my DROID RAZR using XDA App

ghoticov
Old
Thanks Meter 20
I was on .748 and wanted to get to the latest update (.173). I was told to run this utility and that should take care of it. I was running biganad's ICS Theme.

I feel a bit stupid but when I tried to run the .bat file, I get an error in the CMD window, it says:

'findstr" is not recognized as an internal or external command. operable program or batch file.

Too powerful to fall into the wrong hands.

Please make a selection or hit enter to exit:

I finally just hit "1" and I was able to finally run the utility and the good news is I was able to get it to work (I think). I hit both volume buttons after I got the ! triangle and wiped cache. It reboots and then after I hit "English" when choosing my language, I hit the "android guy" and it just sits there and spins and says "Please wait... this could take a few minutes".... but its been sitting there for 15 min doing this. Any idea on what might be the issue?

Can anyone help me? I am stuck on this set up screen and not sure why.

lucidvtec
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Reboot the phone

Dont touch the android

Touch each corner one at a time in the corners

Then press home

Sent from my DROID RAZR using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to lucidvtec For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ghoticov
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucidvtec View Post
Reboot the phone

Dont touch the android

Touch each corner one at a time in the corners

Then press home

Sent from my DROID RAZR using XDA
That worked great! Thanks!

My issue now is I seemed to have lost my data connection (phone). I can connect to my home wifi but I have no phone service. Any thoughts on how to get that back?

mattlgroff
Old
Thanks Meter 2365

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoticov View Post
That worked great! Thanks!

My issue now is I seemed to have lost my data connection (phone). I can connect to my home wifi but I have no phone service. Any thoughts on how to get that back?
It's a random issue with 1/25 or so fastboots not wiping internal SD card like Motorola wants with the 173 fastboot files. A solution if wiping data and refastbooting doesn't work would be flashing the full 6.12.173 files (found on XDA or in my 1.40 utility). Those do wipe your internal SD though.

Also, the findstr command not found is from you somehow removing C:/system32/ from your PATH in Windows.
The Following User Says Thank You to mattlgroff For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ghoticov
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlgroff View Post
It's a random issue with 1/25 or so fastboots not wiping internal SD card like Motorola wants with the 173 fastboot files. A solution if wiping data and refastbooting doesn't work would be flashing the full 6.12.173 files (found on XDA or in my 1.40 utility). Those do wipe your internal SD though.

Also, the findstr command not found is from you somehow removing C:/system32/ from your PATH in Windows.
OK, thanks!

My only concern in flashing the full .173 file is if it erases my sdcard, how would I restore if something goes wrong? That was my only saving grace at this point because I was able to restore my previous backup.

I am wiping data but I'm not sure what refastbooting means?

Also, as far as the finstr command, should I fix it or does it matter?

mattlgroff
Old
Thanks Meter 2365

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoticov View Post
OK, thanks!

My only concern in flashing the full .173 file is if it erases my sdcard, how would I restore if something goes wrong? That was my only saving grace at this point because I was able to restore my previous backup.

I am wiping data but I'm not sure what refastbooting means?

Also, as far as the finstr command, should I fix it or does it matter?
It's how batch finds its basic windows commands. Having system32 as part of your path is kind of...very important o_O

If you flash 173. with the wiping internal SD command taken out, you may experience the no signal issue.

I don't know what you mean by restore, considering this is already a restore process...

Refastbooting is fastbooting...again.

ghoticov
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
It's how batch finds its basic windows commands. Having system32 as part of your path is kind of...very important o_O

If you flash 173. with the wiping internal SD command taken out, you may experience the no signal issue.

I don't know what you mean by restore, considering this is already a restore process...

Ok. I am off to figure out how to put system32 as part of the path first (since it seems important). lol

What I meant by "restoring" was if I flash the whole .173 and end up losing my signal, I have no way to go back to a previous backup in which it did work. That is what I did last night. Since the signal wasn't working, I flashed back to my .748 backup.

ghoticov
Old
(Last edited by ghoticov; 3rd March 2012 at 06:04 PM.)
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:

Ok, I figured out the system32 issue and the utility it working good now.

But, I still have a problem with no radio (data). I ran the 1.40 (with the 1.41 PATCH) and it worked great but I still have no radio. The only commands I have run are #1, then I did the motofail and the Bootstrap Recovery.... but still no radio signal. Did I flash the correct utility? If not, could you link it for me?

EDIT: I just looked on my sdcard and saw that installing the 1.41 Utility did not wipe my sdcard. I must not be installing the correct one. I am following the directions by booting into AB Fastboot and then running the 1.40 (with 1.41 patch) Utility.

---------- Post added at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

Maybe I should have ran the 1.4 utility, not the PATCH 1.41. I am going to try that. Wish me luck. lol

The Following User Says Thank You to ghoticov For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]