This is an interim step of this app as I have been trying to finish a more complicated root method, since this one is most likely to get patched shortly. Also, in future updates I will be adding an unroot method as well as possible rootkeeper type functionality and depending on feedback I may add a quick install for the unlock tool.
The steps are similar to the PC version except it only requires a button press to perform the step.
1. Install this app (SparkyRoot)
2. Click step 1, Exploit (will move the files around and replace the busybox file)
3. Click step 2, Open up the ASUS App Backup tool and backup an app (you can use this one, its small)
4. Return to this app and Click step 3 Install SuperUser (will install the SuperUser app)
5. Click step 4, Cleanup (will cleanup all of the temporary files and revert the busybox file)
UPDATE: 3/3/2012 - v1.1 - enhancements
Added a button for opening the backup app.
Updated SuperUser app to the latest version (you would have gotten a market update anyway)
Added indicators for if the su binary is there and if it has the proper read/execute permissions
Added indicator for if the SuperUser app is installed
UPDATE: 3/5/2012 - v1.2 - minor update
Added donation link for rhcp0112345
He also requested that I put his link in this thread so here are those
UPDATE: 3/18/2012 - v1.3 – enhancement/fix
Fixed issue where if you have never opened the app backup tool before the rooting would fail due to not accepting the terms of service
Added an unroot option (the current method requires superuser installed so that it can grant this app permission to unroot)