Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,300 Members 52,610 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Optimus 3D SU-760 Users (Pls. Contribute Here) Upgrading, Rooting, etc

Tip us?

Lyops
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Is there some new firmware for our SU760?

imlop
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyops View Post
Is there some new firmware for our SU760?
no friend after official ics. just costom roms only (without 3d)

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noxialis View Post
Good day sir, I just want to ask...

How were you able to root your device? I tried replicating the method you made use of but unluckily, it just bricked my phone.
I used wkpark's method for the ICS, and it wasn't able to push the files into the phone. As I said, it just made it load the LG Logo, and then a black screen after that. I'm guessing it's a soft brick.

Now, I can't even get this back to the v10G rom Can you please help?
its not too hard. if u didnt fix it till now reply me

jorrddan
Old
(Last edited by jorrddan; 19th September 2013 at 06:20 PM.)
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by imlop View Post
no friend after official ics. just costom roms only (without 3d)

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

its not too hard. if u didnt fix it till now reply me
Hi, I have the same problem with SU760. I flashed with LG Mobile Support tool, but nothing happend.
LG Software recognize the phone firmware version like 00A.
Enter in fastboot mode, but cmd seyng "waiting for device". I have drivers installed and all. But not work.

I unbrick my SU760 with this solution http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...7#post45739887

Noxialis
Old
Thanks Meter 9
@imlop - I've managed to fix it a long time ago, everything is fine now (even managed to remove the annoyingly persistent dual clock).
Thanks for the offer though.

I don't remember how I did it though, what I do remember is downloading tons of rooting/unbricking related stuff. Look around for the tutorials, it's there somewhere.

gummie
Old
(Last edited by gummie; 24th September 2013 at 12:03 PM.)
Thanks Meter 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam32smni View Post
Hi Bro..

Is this solve the issue of txt limitation to 80 characters?
and Language?

Because i have friends want to sell to me his lg 3d su760 in a cheap price because his having a problem in txt limit and some same issue in this thread. on my experience using android phone (LG Optimus HUb E510) i enjoying my phone so much, i root it and theres many available rom for my device and i easily change and take what i dont need and put my desire apk.

I thought that in buying that phone i also have the same easy way of customizing it. but when i cross this thread i red the different experience of the owner of this device and some are still having problem.

but when red your thread i have an courage to buy it. because you said that it works fine..

i would like to clarify before i buy that phone, if its true that theres not much rom available rom for this unit? if there, What rom and is this updated to ICS or JB?

Thanks for this Thread and to all users that contribute their experience with their phone..
Solving the SMS limit on an official ICS build is quite tricky. I cannot remember what thread that is but I remember that I just looked it up on Google. The trick is required for you to have little knowledge on unpacking and repacking apk and scripting or at least able to discern the specified line to edit.

There are quite few ROM for this device (really few infact) but majority of the P920 ROM are going to work fine if you have fix on Kernel, Camera and Storage. See the fix - Here, credits to OptimusRS.

On last thing, I discourage you to acquire this phone since it is already been obsolete. There are lot of other budget wise phones from big manufacturer names out there. Read reviews from each and consult to XDA Phone list if it has an active development. Godluck

PS: I still have this phone though because I can't find anyone who would buy it. I just flash things on it for FUN now since my Sister who formerly using it is now on Canada.

Main
Device - Nexus 4 E960 (Occam)
Build - Android 4.4.3 (KTU84L)
ROM - Stock
Kernel - Stock
MOD - V4A FX2.3.2.6
Others
Device - Galaxy Nexus I9250 (Yakju)
Build - Android 4.3 (JWR66Y)
ROM - OmniROM - omni-4.4.2-20140324-maguro-NIGHTLY
Device - Nexus 7 C9O (Nakasi)
Build - Android 4.4.2 (KOT49H)
ROM - Stock Image

imlop
Old
(Last edited by imlop; 25th September 2013 at 07:08 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2
what about us friends. i took this for $25 in sri lanka. it costs same as my monthly sallery. so i cant buy another android. also 3D tec is nice. i love it and tryng hard to keep it upto date. su760 is a koriyan version thats the problem. also v dont have devs to get help.! if v can make jb based kernel for su 760 then its possible to install jellybam 10.4 for this. i dnt know how i create a jb kernel.

:banghead:

Sent from my LG-SU760 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 06:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 AM ----------

u can root,
install 100% working cwm,
o/c to 1.4 (thanks to ibluemind)
flash some costom roms (with some problems )

want to know how - ask me

many more....... lol

Sent from my LG-SU760 using xda app-developers app[COLOR="green"]

gummie
Old
Thanks Meter 225
That reply was intended to the sam32smni. Anyway, I just tested, Jellycream V3 Final is working on SU760. Installation requires wkpark bootloader atleast version 1.25 and the Fix zip that I have mentioned on my previous post.

Main
ROM - Stock
Kernel - Stock
MOD - V4A FX2.3.2.6
Others
ROM - Stock Image

laoyeu
Old
Thanks Meter 1
do you know how to fix bug on pacman's custom rom without sd card , camera and kernel , i can't flash any kernel on that rom , it'll will get bootlop

gummie
Old
Thanks Meter 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by laoyeu View Post
do you know how to fix bug on pacman's custom rom without sd card , camera and kernel , i can't flash any kernel on that rom , it'll will get bootlop
I won't bother using CM10 based ROM on our SU760. I have tried and fixed most of the issues you mentioned but the kernel side always has to ruin all things like WiFi Hotspot and Bluetooth connectivity. So CM10 ROM are a no go.

Main
ROM - Stock
Kernel - Stock
MOD - V4A FX2.3.2.6
Others
ROM - Stock Image

imlop
Old
(Last edited by imlop; 7th October 2013 at 04:07 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Default network problem in my su760

i have a problem with my mobile plz anyone, need help.

my su 760 only shows G or 3g when i activate data connectivity. i though this is not a problem.
3g data speed is not a problem its download speed is near to 1mb.
but in gsm area gsm DL speed is 5 kbps.
i never found my mobile connects to edge network.
why i cant connect it to edge network. edge's DL speed is near to 15 kbps.

one of my friends have a lg l7 mobile.! but it connects to edge network without any problem and its DL speed more than 15 kbps.

on the same place my su 760 and friend's l7 chooses gsm and edge. why why why............!

its too hard to feel this problem.

whats the matter. even su 760's specs says it has edge support even pc dongles are uses edge in my area.

i tryed to change gsm network prequs in hidden menu but it only changes to gsm only not to edge.

need help please.

And will it work after a baseband change.?

Tags
lg su-760, lg su760, optimus 3d korean version, su-760, su760