2nd March 2012, 05:32 PM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Schwelm (NRW)
Thanks Meter: 5,743

1,832 posts
Donate to Me
More
For unlocked bootloaders only!

Please use the recovery now to root any firmware!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1596285

Just flash the SuperSU cwm zip with recovery and your phone will be rooted. To download SuperSU visit this thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1538053

Regards
Last edited by Bin4ry; 23rd May 2012 at 11:54 AM.
The Following 49 Users Say Thank You to Bin4ry For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd March 2012, 05:41 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Developer
Flag Noida
Thanks Meter: 38,828

13,113 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bin4ry

For unlocked bootloaders only!

Download:
http://eddy.uni-duisburg.de/bin4ry/s...ooted_63fw.img

Connect device in fastboot mode (blue LED).
Open Command prompt and type:

fastboot flash system system_xps_prerooted_63fw.img

This will give you root immediatly after reboot!

A nicer way will come soon. But this should solve first problems :P

Regards

ERRRR u beat me to it
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DooMLoRD For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd March 2012, 10:43 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag www.XPERIA.cz
Thanks Meter: 2,113

915 posts
Donate to Me
More
I can confirm, that it work, many thanks.

Edit - it work, but i cant downloads anything from Market, so back to stock version without root. Will wait on new kernel
Last edited by Jozinek; 2nd March 2012 at 11:02 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jozinek For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd March 2012, 09:39 AM   |  #4  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Schwelm (NRW)

1,832 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cholek3

Guys, you're asolutely f***ing amazing. Congrats.

Do you mean Command prompt in ADB or windows?

In Windows command prompt. But ou need fastboot installed.
This is only fist shot. If you dont know really what im talking about, then please wait for another image with good instructions :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozinek

I can confirm, that it work, many thanks.

Edit - it work, but i cant downloads anything from Market, so back to stock version without root. Will wait on new kernel

If you get market problems go ot Settings -> Apps -> ... -> Search for the market in the list and then delete Data of the App. After that all will work fine.

Regards
The Following User Says Thank You to Bin4ry For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd March 2012, 11:02 AM   |  #5  
Flag Sheffield, UK
Thanks Meter: 75

430 posts
More
Quote:

In Windows command prompt. But ou need fastboot installed.
This is only fist shot. If you dont know really what im talking about, then please wait for another image with good instructions :P

I know roughly what you are talking about. I know command prompt, although I never used fastboot, as I only owned X10 (until I dropped it and USB port snapped ), so never had to/wanted to unlock bootloader this way. But I want to learn, that's why I am reading all this now, and I need to ask about something I am not sure of.
3rd March 2012, 11:14 AM   |  #6  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Schwelm (NRW)

1,832 posts
Donate to Me
More
Just go through the unlock bootloader process and then you will know what fastboot is
After that just type my comamnd with my file in the same directory and you will be done.

Regards
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bin4ry For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th March 2012, 03:01 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 68

604 posts
If I were you I would wait till I get ICS on the phone then unlock the bootloader and root the phone.
4th March 2012, 06:55 PM   |  #8  
Flag Sheffield, UK

430 posts
More
Quick question. It just wonders me. Sony "supports" unlocking bootloader, which is more dangerous than root. Why rooting is not supported then? Is it because we could unistall third party aplications and Sony has some sort of agreements with them and are obligated by law?
4th March 2012, 07:43 PM   |  #9  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Schwelm (NRW)

1,832 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cholek3

Quick question. It just wonders me. Sony "supports" unlocking bootloader, which is more dangerous than root. Why rooting is not supported then? Is it because we could unistall third party aplications and Sony has some sort of agreements with them and are obligated by law?

No you are getting the idea wrong
Long ago we discussed alot with SonyEricsson and together decided this is the best way of doing it.

The reason is simple:
Rooting alone does not give you access to all partitions etc. pp See X10 Forums for that. Sony is very good in hiding partitions
With a bootloader unlock we get fully workable fastboot. We are able to write all partitions and change what we want. (Root too)
Also Sony(Ericsson) is able to track who unlocks and who not AND is able to provide a check mechanism to forbid unlocking of phones which are not owned by the user (for example provider branded phones in contract, the phone is usually property of the provider).
So this is the reason. Unlocked bootloader gives us nearly full access, so no need to worry I am in this game since X10 times (like you or not ?)and we always got the phones working like we wanted.
Our work for CM9 on XPS has started now too.

Regards
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Bin4ry For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th March 2012, 09:55 PM   |  #10  
Flag Sheffield, UK

430 posts
More
Quote:

No you are getting the idea wrong
Long ago we discussed alot with SonyEricsson and together decided this is the best way of doing it.

The reason is simple:
Rooting alone does not give you access to all partitions etc. pp See X10 Forums for that. Sony is very good in hiding partitions
With a bootloader unlock we get fully workable fastboot. We are able to write all partitions and change what we want. (Root too)
Also Sony(Ericsson) is able to track who unlocks and who not AND is able to provide a check mechanism to forbid unlocking of phones which are not owned by the user (for example provider branded phones in contract, the phone is usually property of the provider).
So this is the reason. Unlocked bootloader gives us nearly full access, so no need to worry I am in this game since X10 times (like you or not ?)and we always got the phones working like we wanted.
Our work for CM9 on XPS has started now too.

Regards

See, I was not aware of that "agreement". Now everything seems to make sense. I am android user since I bought X10 back in August 2010. I was more or less following XDA since then as well, but this forum is worldwide community and is almost imposible to keep a track on everything. I would consider myself somewhere between rookie and advanced users. I know how to do certain things (root, how to use ADB, I was changing framwork_res.apk for my own purposes, etc.). My point also is, I am more hardware sort of guy, rather than software. That's why I am glad you guys are here with us.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread