5,600,841 Members 41,279 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Official] SG Note in the Philippines

Tip us?

jermitano
Old
(Last edited by jermitano; 12th June 2012 at 12:48 AM.)
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 820
Default [Official] SG Note in the Philippines

i would like to start the ball rolling on this thread that may somewhat cater to the filipino owners, users and lovers of the galaxy note...

being a new owner, i would like to find resources and share knowledge base for the galaxy note from our fellow pinoys...

i hope this thread blossoms as it does with our own galaxy s2 thread in the sgs2 string...

mabuhay and thanks!

SAMSUNG GT i9100
SAMSUNG GN n7000
SAMSUNG GS I9300
SAMSUNG GN n7100

"never argue with an IDIOT, they'll just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience"

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jermitano For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jermitano
Old
Thanks Meter 820
reserved for future purposes

SAMSUNG GT i9100
SAMSUNG GN n7000
SAMSUNG GS I9300
SAMSUNG GN n7100

"never argue with an IDIOT, they'll just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience"

KaliKot
Old
Thanks Meter 38
What case are you currently using? It saddens me that there's a dearth of cases available for the Note here

other than those China ones which are mostly plain ugly

jermitano
Old
Thanks Meter 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaliKot View Post
What case are you currently using? It saddens me that there's a dearth of cases available for the Note here

im using the capdase alumor...950 from aerofone...

quick question sir...are you rooted and on custom? id like to learn the ropes

SAMSUNG GT i9100
SAMSUNG GN n7000
SAMSUNG GS I9300
SAMSUNG GN n7100

adelmundo
Old
Thanks Meter 69
My parents are going to the Philippines later this month, in the Makati/Taguig area mainly.

1. How much are GNote's selling over there for

2. A good place to purchase it in that area for a great price

3. I'm assuming GNotes on sale in the Philippines are the GSM version with Exynos and unlocked (can use on AT&T or Smart Talk in the USA)?

jermitano
Old
Thanks Meter 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelmundo View Post
My parents are going to the Philippines later this month, in the Makati/Taguig area mainly.

1. How much are GNote's selling over there for

2. A good place to purchase it in that area for a great price

3. I'm assuming GNotes on sale in the Philippines are the GSM version with Exynos and unlocked (can use on AT&T or Smart Talk in the USA)?
1. for most online stores (kimstore/dbgadgets/widgetcity) they are selling it from 28 - 29K (service warranty) and additional 3K with the samsung warranty...samsung stores sell it between 33-35K...

2. most cellular shops in sm malls now offer competitive prices (unlike before)...they sell between 31-33K with the samsung warranty...you can check out technokid/aerofone/bsd shops etc...

3. yes the notes here are international unlocked versions (and some sell "gray" international unlocked) which can be used anywhere...the come with the 1.4 exynos chip

- was able to answer this after almost a month of canvassing

SAMSUNG GT i9100
SAMSUNG GN n7000
SAMSUNG GS I9300
SAMSUNG GN n7100

adelmundo
Old
(Last edited by adelmundo; 2nd March 2012 at 07:59 PM.)
Thanks Meter 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by jermitano View Post
1. for most online stores (kimstore/dbgadgets/widgetcity) they are selling it from 28 - 29K (service warranty) and additional 3K with the samsung warranty...samsung stores sell it between 33-35K...

2. most cellular shops in sm malls now offer competitive prices (unlike before)...they sell between 31-33K with the samsung warranty...you can check out technokid/aerofone/bsd shops etc...

3. yes the notes here are international unlocked versions (and some sell "gray" international unlocked) which can be used anywhere...the come with the 1.4 exynos chip

- was able to answer this after almost a month of canvassing
Thanks for the quick reply. So if I get the Samsung warranty and my phone should break while using it in the USA, then the warranty is only valid in the Philippines? That would be OK for me because I have family in the Philippines so I could send it to them if it would need to be fixed it's just turnaround time would be a hassle (would have to ship phone there, then my relatives would have to send it in, then send it back to me after it was serviced), but I wonder if the warranty could be used in the USA?

And what is the Gray International Version?

letters_to_cleo
Old
Thanks Meter 241
Gray version means to say it comes from the gray market...

not usually sold by official distributors of Samsung and its affiliated partners.

Usually you will get less or No warranty at all on some gray market stores. Some offer you warranty but only to the store where you bought your unit.

peoples_flip
Old
Thanks Meter 70
Sorry i just had to post here because of the whole pinoy thing. Mabuhay!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA App
[DEVICE] HTC One M8 - S-Off
[ROM] MaximusHD 3.0.0
[KERNEL] Stock
[RECOVERY] Philz Touch 6.26.6
[NETWORK] Rogers Wireless in the GTA

emignatius
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaliKot View Post

I've already posted this in the accessories section but here are my cases again and I bought them in Singapore.

The blue case (Uniq) is probably going to be available here in the PH soon 'coz I see this brand cases for the iPad and Galaxy tabs in local stores and I'm telling you now, don't buy this. Yes it looks great, but the case is covering the mic and when I make calls while using the case, the person on the other line can't hear me clearly so it's kind of sitting in my shelf at the moment.

The reason I got the brown case (Verus) is because of the speaker hole. I was thinking of getting other cases but most of them don't have this hole and I find it really convenient to have this feature so you won't need to flip over the case whenever taking calls.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Note 2 small.jpg
Views:	1047
Size:	244.0 KB
ID:	928830   Click image for larger version

Name:	Note small.jpg
Views:	1041
Size:	250.5 KB
ID:	928831