[Official] SG Note in the Philippines

OP jermitano

2nd March 2012, 11:22 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 38

433 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by jermitano

im using the capdase alumor...950 from aerofone...

quick question sir...are you rooted and on custom? id like to learn the ropes

Not familiar with where Aerofone is though

Im not yet rooted and I've had it for about a week and a half. I might just do so this weekend. I will have to downgrade the firmware first since I did 2 OTA updates already

Currently I'm using a knockoff SGP Ultra Thin (For Php250). White case on White Note REALLY looks nice, but I could use something with a stand

The Verus case looks okay , but I would really prefer not having a flap since its annoying to use one handed (on the MRT) or to use it in landscape.

I have a Chinese flap (bought together with the phone) case with a hole for the speaker as well and another hole to see whoever is calling without opening up the flap, but it becomes really thick due to the case and the holes make me feel that the screen isnt protected anyway, so why bother.
3rd March 2012, 01:01 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 63

992 posts
greetings all! i'm from long beach, ca but my family is from the PI, quezon city. i also own the international note.

if you're looking for cases i ordered an affordable one from amazon. i did a small youtube review of it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyoRR...ure=plpp_video
3rd March 2012, 04:33 AM   |  #13  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 850

1,293 posts
More
great to hear from you guys on this...btw anyone here rooted and with cwm?

ps...with respect to the pinoy thread on the accessories pages, i wish we keep this one more on the factual and developmental side of our phone...thanks guys

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
3rd March 2012, 06:59 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 63

992 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jermitano

great to hear from you guys on this...btw anyone here rooted and with cwm?

ps...with respect to the pinoy thread on the accessories pages, i wish we keep this one more on the factual and developmental side of our phone...thanks guys

Yes I'm rooted and running midnote 2.0 ICS rom. It comes packaged with LP1 kernel and CWM

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201
3rd March 2012, 08:50 AM   |  #15  
Flag Manila

1,293 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan562

Yes I'm rooted and running midnote 2.0 ICS rom. It comes packaged with LP1 kernel and CWM

thanks...any tutorials on how to start?any how does the usb jig method work on the note btw

The Following User Says Thank You to jermitano For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd March 2012, 03:50 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 17

101 posts
More
jig is only useful if you want to reset the "flash" counter on your phone. You see, smart phones like our galaxy note records if you have flashed your phone using methods such as through Odin.

But for the purposes of rooting, using zergExploit rooting method doesn't increase the flash counter. That means you won't be needing the jig. hope this helps
The Following User Says Thank You to onetonnoodle For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd March 2012, 04:03 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 6

27 posts
Mabuhay kabayan!!

I used to hav rocketrom from v15 up to v22. Tried chracks then tried the ics teamrocket v1.5 and went back to chracks v14, cant wait for the official ics to.come out and custom roms out of it.

There are plenty if threads that will help you under the dev section, you wont go wrong if you read and understand and research shen doing customs. Good luck and hope you enjoy more our beloved Note
The Following User Says Thank You to Chadmack For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd March 2012, 04:10 PM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 4

76 posts
Exclamation USA Data service (Carrier)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan562

Pinoy from NYC here.

My international GNote is also rooted and evaluated the MIDNOTE 2.0 (ICS LP1 and ITALIAN QUALITY) Rom. ICS really flows smooth on the GNote. I really like it with all the new features and functionalities.
The main issue I have is the Straight Talk data service I am using does not work with the XXLP1 radio modem used with Chinese leaked ICS rom.
I know this because when I revert back to my GB Rocket v22 rom, it uses the XXLA4 modem radio and Straight Talk data service work with 2-5Mbps download speeds as opposed to a consistent 9kbps DL with the ICS LP1 radio. Yes, 9kbps!! WTH!!
Right now, this ICS bandwagon is still new so I will have to revisit this rom along with other roms that can work with the Straight Talk service.

I am curious what carrier service are you using with your GNote in California and your data DL speeds?

Mabuhay y'all!!!
Last edited by access.denied; 3rd March 2012 at 04:18 PM.
3rd March 2012, 06:48 PM   |  #19  
Flag Manila

1,293 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by onetonnoodle

jig is only useful if you want to reset the "flash" counter on your phone. You see, smart phones like our galaxy note records if you have flashed your phone using methods such as through Odin.

But for the purposes of rooting, using zergExploit rooting method doesn't increase the flash counter. That means you won't be needing the jig. hope this helps

i was thinking of doing a cf root flash with cwm then using the jig to reset the counter...comparing methods for the s2 and the note, i guess the note still had the ability for zergrush exploit (which i never used before)...i cant (or am lazy) find any bootloaders or new fw with bootloads with are reset-able using a jig...anyways i found a link here for that but i have to flash a zip just to use the jig...a tad complicated
3rd March 2012, 06:51 PM   |  #20  
Flag Manila

1,293 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadmack

Mabuhay kabayan!!

I used to hav rocketrom from v15 up to v22. Tried chracks then tried the ics teamrocket v1.5 and went back to chracks v14, cant wait for the official ics to.come out and custom roms out of it.

There are plenty if threads that will help you under the dev section, you wont go wrong if you read and understand and research shen doing customs. Good luck and hope you enjoy more our beloved Note

thanks mate...am still looking for a sensible and understandable video tutorial...its seems not much are done or are doing it...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Galaxy Note GT-N7000 General by ThreadRank