Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,274 Members 38,131 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Xperia Mini best hadsfree for music?

Tip us?

novicebg
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by gqcJYb3UN8xSIWNUy2xX View Post
Even Nokia headsets work with Xperia mini, i was shocked to see old nokia headset to be working with my st15i, button, microphone, everything.

If you want really good sound - buy big , normal headphones.
I've tried Nokia headphones a few days ago, they did have remote control for the music player on the wire, but... they didn't worked with the mini. Or at least the remote control didn't. There was sound, but no control over it. Maybe because they were a cheap Chinese copy.

melenko
Old
Thanks Meter 14
I found my old X1 lead, it has a socket on the mic for use with any headphones

duki994
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Also old SE HPM-80 in ear headphones are good

Sent from my Xperia Mini using Tapatalk

novicebg
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Yep, they're like HPM 82 with display on the remote control, but with a fastport again. I'll try to solder a 3.5mm jack to a HPM 82 handsfree (to replace the fastport), but I may not succeed because there are 8 or 9 cables out of the wire and only 4 holes to solder them on the 3.5mm jack...

Dev!n
Old
Thanks Meter 2
using easy sennheiser headphones, awesome for less money

novicebg
Old
(Last edited by novicebg; 24th March 2012 at 02:25 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
I've got second hand Sony Ericsson MH1 for half price. Not so special, good sound, not better than the old HPM-82 or MH810 for example. And the lack of a clip for hanging on the neck piece is obviously a disadvantage! The free is constantly slipping down and pulling the ears - very annoying!

The lack of separate buttons for changing the music tracks is also a disadvantage - music tracks are changed with continuous pressing the volume buttons of the handsfree's remote control, not with separate buttons like on the HPM-82 or MH810. But it seems that this is due to the 3.5mm jack cable-number connectivity limitation. The MH810 has some additional ports on the side of the 3.5mm jack, which allow it to have more buttons on the remote control, while MH1 doesn't have them on the jack.

Mike201
Old
Thanks Meter 0
guys i've been looking for budget headphones that would fit in xperia mini's jack
i don't know if it would help but i tried couple of nokia headphones that worked with the device along with the samsung corby pro's stock stock headphones and they all worked currently im considering buying
MEElectronics M9-SL
or the
iLuv iEP322BLK citylights
but i don't know if any of those is compatible with the xperia mini anyway so advice would be appreciated
Note:I just want music to my ears

Someguyfromhell
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,000

DONATE TO ME
Xperia Mini has regular 3.5 mm jack, so you can use any headphones(with 3.5mm jack) with the phone.

novicebg
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike201 View Post
guys i've been looking for budget headphones that would fit in xperia mini's jack
i don't know if it would help but i tried couple of nokia headphones that worked with the device along with the samsung corby pro's stock stock headphones and they all worked currently im considering buying
MEElectronics M9-SL
or the
iLuv iEP322BLK citylights
but i don't know if any of those is compatible with the xperia mini anyway so advice would be appreciated
Note:I just want music to my ears
Nokia's garbages work on SE Xperias, play sound, but only that - their music control buttons doesn't.

Mike201
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by novicebg View Post
Nokia's garbages work on SE Xperias, play sound, but only that - their music control buttons doesn't.
I wont buy any sony's earphones or use the ones that came with the device cos those are just crap
actually i'm now considering one of the following but don't know if they would work or not
1-MEElectronics M9
2-JVC Xtreme Xplosives FX1X
3-Koss KSC 75
4-SkullCandy Titan
5-iLuv iep322
i only found the iep322 and the titan in local stores however the titan is a bit expensive would be my last choice just before the iep322