Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,957 Members 53,954 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unable to use firmware 3.24,3.30, 3.32

Tip us?

status_six
Old
Thanks Meter 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercvtio View Post
Well, looks like I have a similar problem...

I'm SuperCID, and till this morning, I was running VI 3.5.1b.

Seeing on the VI thread that the latest firmware could be run with it, I upgraded to 3.32... and since then, I'm stuck in an bootloop.

I tried everything : rolling back to 3.24 and to 3.12 ; changing roms ; wiping everything I could ; but i won't help.

Most of the times, I'm stuck at the HTC Splashscreen ; VI and Tripnice (yeah, even tried that one) go to the boot animation, then reboot. So I'm at a loss here as to what to do to fix it. Any help would be very welcome and appreciated !
Can you reach recovery or bootloader?

Sent from my Pyramid-T
Pyramid s-off | AOKP JB4.2 | hboot 1.27.1100 | 3.32fw | 4EXTtouch
Desire s-off | DevNull-1.1 | Oxygen r2 hboot | 5.17.05.23 | Thalamus 2.6.35.14_t3 | CWM 2.5.0.7

find me on > soundcloud | twitter

pr0adam
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Nope still doesnt work. 3.32 still bootloops on various ICS roms i tested(ARHD and Blitz) even with superCID

Mercvtio
Old
(Last edited by Mercvtio; 4th March 2012 at 10:14 PM.)
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by stringer7 View Post
Can you reach recovery or bootloader?

Sent from my Pyramid-T
Yup, still got access to both of them. I resolved my problem by flashing both the firmware and the latest rom from He Who Must No Be Named... For a reason I still don't grasp, it seems that the firmwares I flashed previously didn't downgrade the bootloader, or something like that. Trip's one, however, is a waaaay bigger file and seems to rewrite a huge amount of things.

Don't know yet if I could switch back to VI harmlessly, though...
Just some art from my little hands :
http://mercvtio.deviantart.com/

status_six
Old
Thanks Meter 158
Sorry- of course you can reach bootloader, you listed it in your OP! Tired...
Something strikes me, you have hboot 1.23, I know this version causes issues with s-on users that have accepted OTA updates.
Have you run s-off via revolutionary in the past? Unlocked via htc.dev (which I think gives hboot 1.23)?
Does recovery work?

Sent from my Pyramid-T
Desire s-off | DevNull-1.1 | Oxygen r2 hboot | 5.17.05.23 | Thalamus 2.6.35.14_t3 | CWM 2.5.0.7

status_six
Old
Thanks Meter 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercvtio View Post
Yup, still got access to both of them. I resolved my problem by flashing both the firmware and the latest rom from He Who Must No Be Named... For a reason I still don't grasp, it seems that the firmwares I flashed previously didn't downgrade the bootloader, or something like that. Trip's one, however, is a waaaay bigger file and seems to rewrite a huge amount of things.

Don't know yet if I could switch back to VI harmlessly, though...
Great!
Might still be worth checking out what I posted above to see if something in that causes the problem?

Sent from my Pyramid-T

pr0adam
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
After reading more around the forums I'm pretty sure I need a custom firmware. One with the HBOOT of 3.12 but the rest of the files of a 3.32 firmware. How would I go about doing this?

kualmente
Old
(Last edited by kualmente; 5th March 2012 at 05:58 AM.)
Thanks Meter 98
I wouldn't mess things more than this.
I would go back to GB first.

Download the appropriate official RUU for your device and run it on the pc until appears the picture of a phone and "show readme file). Leave this window open.

then go to "My computer"-disk C (or wathever)- Documents and settings-name of computer (or your name)- local settings - Temp.
There you will find a folder or more folders with a weird name ie: {040EEDE2-371A-4BF6-8D25-1B12121F8D9E}.

Inside one of this folder you will find a file "rom.zip". do not extract, just drag and drop somehere in your pc.

Now close the RUU windows by clicking cancel.

Now rename "rom.zip" in PG58IMG and put in the root of your SD card.

Reboot your phone by pressing vol down+power.

At this point the file PG58IMG will be detected you will be asked to update. Say yes by pressing volume up.

Be patient as it will take a lot of time, don't touch or do anything until it has finished. a lot of files will be flashed and screen may goes black a couple times.

Dont worry and wait until it will say "press power to reboot".

Now you should be back to stock GB and start all procedures to upgrade once more if you like.

Remember then to delete the PG58IMG on the SD card.

When you will set your phone again, remember to untick fastboot for future use.

Hope it helps

PS: Forgot to say that by doing this you will lose root (not S-OFF and superCID) but you can easly re-root your device by following the guides in the forum.

Mercvtio
Old
Thanks Meter 60
So I managed to flash back to 3.32 and VI 4.0 after 2 days of mercyless bootlopping.

What I did was :

1- superwipe everything, flash latest TripOS rom
2 - reboot to bootloader and flash Trip's latest firmware (this way, I knew I woul have both a matching rom and matching firmware, avoiding incompatibility issue). Trip's firmware rewrites a huge amount of things, and that seems to put an end to what was causing my bootloops.
3 - reboot and let the phone alone for 10 minutes, just to let everything settle right.
4 - reboot to recovery
5 - Superwipe again
6 - flash my rom (in my case, VI 4.0)
7 - power off, and boot to bootloader
8 - flash 3.32 firmware
9 - reboot and let the phone still for 10 minutes

So far everything runs perfectly (I just have a splash screen saying "Trip'n Nice" on it) and it saved me from going into the process of flashing a RUU, rooting the RUU, installing recovery and so on. Give it a try, it might work for you to.
Just some art from my little hands :
http://mercvtio.deviantart.com/

MOVZX
Old
Thanks Meter 60

DONATE TO ME
Looks like He has HBOOT 1.23, so I suspect He's using HTC-Dev method to unlock the boot loader or running FOTA that maybe gives him HBOOT 1.23.

Since Revolutionary could only S-OFF up to HBOOT 1.18, so maybe He just need to wait till Revolutionary support HBOOT 1.23 (the only options, maybe next year :P)

BTW, what are You doing that causing You to have HBOOT 1.23?

kualmente
Old
Thanks Meter 98
problem is that his bootloader shows ***Locked***.

If you go through htc-dev it would have shown ***Unlocked***.

This is why I would start from the beginning flashing a GB RUU and then start again the upgrade process.

My humble opinion, of course