XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] - HTC HD2 Cannot power on.

Tip us?

ARG_Laser
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] - HTC HD2 Cannot power on.

First off, yes I have searched the other threads, but no one has had the same problem.

I got this phone from a co-worker who is not very tech savy, his friend tried to do something to it, but he messed up somehow and now the phone is screwed.

My problem:

The phone occasionally does not start up. It has successfully started up a few times, but when I go take the battery out to power off, it does not start up again afterwards. I have noticed that the pins are a little bent, but it is still making contact with the battery

I have tried another battery, and got the same results.

Also, another side question, when it does power on, it displays an RGB screen. (SPL 2.10.0000). It does not get recognized when plugged into my computer, how do I make this phone usable again?

ComRaider
Old
(Last edited by ComRaider; 3rd March 2012 at 06:27 PM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARG_Laser View Post
First off, yes I have searched the other threads, but no one has had the same problem.

I got this phone from a co-worker who is not very tech savy, his friend tried to do something to it, but he messed up somehow and now the phone is screwed.

My problem:

The phone occasionally does not start up. It has successfully started up a few times, but when I go take the battery out to power off, it does not start up again afterwards. I have noticed that the pins are a little bent, but it is still making contact with the battery

I have tried another battery, and got the same results.

Also, another side question, when it does power on, it displays an RGB screen. (SPL 2.10.0000). It does not get recognized when plugged into my computer, how do I make this phone usable again?
For 2.10.0000 and return to 2.08 maybe...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...46&postcount=6

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=691779

wouternet
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Try another cable. it should show serial or usb when connected to a computer

At least you still have the SPL RGB screen, at first I thought it was bricked. Hold the Volume Down key down and try to power it on and try to connect it.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA
A day not synced is a day not lived.

Ericsson SH888 - Siemens MC60 - LG KS20 - Samsung G600 - HTC HD2 EU
MGLDR 1.13 | HSPL2.08 | Hyperdroid CM7 5.8.0 | CWM 3.1