Thread Closed

Angry [Q] Let start happy hour early!

OP sandrewmorrison

13th September 2012, 07:32 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 53

136 posts
More
It's 130pm. Tomorrow I go in for a septoplasty and a bi-lateral turbinate reduction, so I'M GONNA DRINK A BEER! I've got an Abita Mardi Gras Bock. What's everyone else drinking these days?

Edit: Removed the words "in the afternoon" cause I said "130pm", as if it could be the afternoon at 130am..
Last edited by sandrewmorrison; 13th September 2012 at 10:46 PM. Reason: I'm an idiot.
The Following User Says Thank You to sandrewmorrison For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th September 2012, 07:47 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 3,095

3,413 posts
Donate to Me
More
Abita is good stuff. My girlfriend's mother lives in Abita Springs. Their tour is awesome...free and as much as you can drink in 30 minutes...
13th September 2012, 07:53 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

136 posts
More
Yes it is. I get Purple Haze all the time.
13th September 2012, 08:28 PM   |  #4  
Flag Raleigh, NC
Thanks Meter: 2,169

5,073 posts
Donate to Me
More
The Following User Says Thank You to GrayBoltWolf For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th September 2012, 08:42 PM   |  #5  
Flag Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 461

790 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayTheWolf

Ha, so many underage ones here.

Guinness and Bailey's if I'm going to pick anything. I have had about a dozen alcoholic drinks ever; probably going to stay at that number too, don't care for alcohol in general.
13th September 2012, 08:45 PM   |  #6  
Flag Motor City
Thanks Meter: 157

429 posts
More
Leinenkugel Pumpkin Ale. Never been a big fan of Leinenkugels that much but this stuff isn't half bad..just make sure to do the recommended swirl of the bottle before emptying it out in a glass to get all the spices in there.

Always been a fan of Abita, though I never tried the Mardi Gras type..it is pretty damn hard to find Abita here in MI..but we do have a lot of awesome microbrews of our own up here.

CORRECTION: That would be Shock Top Pumpkin Ale..not Leinenkugel
Last edited by dplane; 13th September 2012 at 08:50 PM.
13th September 2012, 08:51 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

136 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by dplane

Leinenkugel Pumpkin Ale. Never been a big fan of Leinenkugels that much but this stuff isn't half bad..just make sure to do the recommended swirl of the bottle before emptying it out in a glass to get all the spices in there.

Always been a fan of Abita, though I never tried the Mardi Gras type..it is pretty damn hard to find Abita here in MI..but we do have a lot of awesome microbrews of our own up here.

I've never had this (the Mardi-Gras Bock) before yesterday when I bought it. I live in a very famously Irish neighborhood with nothing but bars and pizza shops on almost every block. There's a spot around the corner from here called Brilbeck's. They've got everything.. Just about.
13th September 2012, 08:51 PM   |  #8  
Flag Mass
Thanks Meter: 74

223 posts
More
Woodchuck Amber.
13th September 2012, 08:53 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 25

179 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dplane

CORRECTION: That would be Shock Top Pumpkin Ale..not Leinenkugel

Check out southern tier pumking. It sells out quickly so you might not be able to find it but its the best pumpkin beer i've tried

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
13th September 2012, 08:59 PM   |  #10  
Flag Motor City
Thanks Meter: 157

429 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos254

Check out southern tier pumking. It sells out quickly so you might not be able to find it but its the best pumpkin beer i've tried

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Nice. I believe I have heard of it before, just never had it. Initially I thought the "g" at the end of pumking was a typo on your end until I saw that is actually what it is called. Seems like it has some pretty stellar reviews on beeradvocate, etc.
I am going to have to go on a hunt for that now.

p.s. this past summer in Europe I had a "Westvleteren 12" ...considered by some to be the best beer in the world..though I realize that's a trivial thing to say. I must say though..if you like Belgian trappist beers, it is pretty damn awesome, and wasn't even half expensive considering what we pay for lesser microbrews here in the States.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
beer
Previous Thread Next Thread