Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,193 Members 36,723 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Let start happy hour early!

Tip us?

sandrewmorrison
Old
(Last edited by sandrewmorrison; 13th September 2012 at 09:46 PM.) Reason: I'm an idiot.
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 53
Angry [Q] Let start happy hour early!

It's 130pm. Tomorrow I go in for a septoplasty and a bi-lateral turbinate reduction, so I'M GONNA DRINK A BEER! I've got an Abita Mardi Gras Bock. What's everyone else drinking these days?

Edit: Removed the words "in the afternoon" cause I said "130pm", as if it could be the afternoon at 130am..
The Following User Says Thank You to sandrewmorrison For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shrike1978
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,094

DONATE TO ME
Abita is good stuff. My girlfriend's mother lives in Abita Springs. Their tour is awesome...free and as much as you can drink in 30 minutes...
My HTC Rezound Development:
CounterShrike (Heavily modified CM9 - Aroma Installer) - PAC-Man (CM10/AOKP/Paranoid Android hybrid) - Ermahgerd Kernel (ICS/JB AOSP kernel)

My smartphone history: iPhone (Retired) - iPhone 3G (Retired) - iPhone 3GS (Retired) - Samsung Droid Charge (Retired) - HTC Rezound (Dev phone) - Samsung Galaxy Note II (Current)

All of my work is open source: My Github
Donations are never expected, but always appreciated.

sandrewmorrison
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 53
Yes it is. I get Purple Haze all the time.

RolloWolf
Old
Thanks Meter 2,129

DONATE TO ME
S-Off thanks to Beaups and Sonic2756!

If I helped in any way, please hit the "Thanks" button!

Click here to check out my development page.
The Following User Says Thank You to RolloWolf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PhantasmRezound
Old
Thanks Meter 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayTheWolf View Post
Ha, so many underage ones here.

Guinness and Bailey's if I'm going to pick anything. I have had about a dozen alcoholic drinks ever; probably going to stay at that number too, don't care for alcohol in general.

dplane
Old
(Last edited by dplane; 13th September 2012 at 07:50 PM.)
Thanks Meter 157
Leinenkugel Pumpkin Ale. Never been a big fan of Leinenkugels that much but this stuff isn't half bad..just make sure to do the recommended swirl of the bottle before emptying it out in a glass to get all the spices in there.

Always been a fan of Abita, though I never tried the Mardi Gras type..it is pretty damn hard to find Abita here in MI..but we do have a lot of awesome microbrews of our own up here.

CORRECTION: That would be Shock Top Pumpkin Ale..not Leinenkugel
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LG G2 (vzw) Rooted Stock w Xposed and G2 Module
HTC Droid DNA-S-Off Moonshined - [something 4.2.2 based..]
HP TouchPad [ROM] Evervolv | 3.3.0p1 [AOSP 4.3]
Kindle Fire HDX 7in (stock...for now)

sandrewmorrison
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by dplane View Post
Leinenkugel Pumpkin Ale. Never been a big fan of Leinenkugels that much but this stuff isn't half bad..just make sure to do the recommended swirl of the bottle before emptying it out in a glass to get all the spices in there.

Always been a fan of Abita, though I never tried the Mardi Gras type..it is pretty damn hard to find Abita here in MI..but we do have a lot of awesome microbrews of our own up here.
I've never had this (the Mardi-Gras Bock) before yesterday when I bought it. I live in a very famously Irish neighborhood with nothing but bars and pizza shops on almost every block. There's a spot around the corner from here called Brilbeck's. They've got everything.. Just about.

xxfallacyxx
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Woodchuck Amber.

chaos254
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by dplane View Post

CORRECTION: That would be Shock Top Pumpkin Ale..not Leinenkugel
Check out southern tier pumking. It sells out quickly so you might not be able to find it but its the best pumpkin beer i've tried

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

dplane
Old
Thanks Meter 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos254 View Post
Check out southern tier pumking. It sells out quickly so you might not be able to find it but its the best pumpkin beer i've tried

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
Nice. I believe I have heard of it before, just never had it. Initially I thought the "g" at the end of pumking was a typo on your end until I saw that is actually what it is called. Seems like it has some pretty stellar reviews on beeradvocate, etc.
I am going to have to go on a hunt for that now.

p.s. this past summer in Europe I had a "Westvleteren 12" ...considered by some to be the best beer in the world..though I realize that's a trivial thing to say. I must say though..if you like Belgian trappist beers, it is pretty damn awesome, and wasn't even half expensive considering what we pay for lesser microbrews here in the States.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LG G2 (vzw) Rooted Stock w Xposed and G2 Module
HTC Droid DNA-S-Off Moonshined - [something 4.2.2 based..]
HP TouchPad [ROM] Evervolv | 3.3.0p1 [AOSP 4.3]
Kindle Fire HDX 7in (stock...for now)

Tags
beer
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe