Flag Jacksonville Beach
Thanks Meter: 51

431 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by algorhythm

Flash a Dell BIOS update on your HP and then get back to me

From what I've followed. The person referenced to the amaze 4g which has the same chipset as ours getting ICS. So they can take the code it drivers for the chipset and use that to develop a dont for our phone. What you said about the bios is like telling somebody to flash a HTC bootloader on a LG phone. Which is irrelevant to every thing that has been said thus far. From the way I see things. A rom is like the OS. You can download the driver for a CPU or GPU on windows Xp, Vista, and windows 7. Sure a few things have to be changed because we do have some different hardware and I'm sure there is much more than that. But it is progress nonetheless.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zander145 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th March 2012, 04:16 AM   |  #52  
Thanks Meter: 38

332 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by degeneration

What an immature response. Your second sentence barely qualifies as a complete idea (if it actually does).

You can disagree with someone without being a jerk about it.

everyone interprets things different....jerk!
13th March 2012, 01:45 AM   |  #53  
Thanks Meter: 604

344 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quick question, did you get this booting just by flashing my version by itself, or did you make a separate kernel based on one for the t989? Also, could you do me a favor and tell me if the bugs are the same, what's working what's not?
13th March 2012, 04:50 AM   |  #54  
Thanks Meter: 13

141 posts
More
I've been searching for a few hours but I can't find an answer. How is it that the Vibrant and other galaxy s devices have several very stable ics roms but this doesn't? Was there a special leak or something?
13th March 2012, 05:31 AM   |  #55  
Flag Virginia
Thanks Meter: 105

472 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLX317

I've been searching for a few hours but I can't find an answer. How is it that the Vibrant and other galaxy s devices have several very stable ics roms but this doesn't? Was there a special leak or something?

You must not know how a search engine works then.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium
13th March 2012, 06:08 AM   |  #56  
Thanks Meter: 12

30 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuzzbag87

I'm getting pissed here. Seems like everyone else is getting a working stable alpha except us. Come on let's get some progress done on this ROM

You're getting pissed?! At whom? Have you started writing code yet? Who's not carrying their weight around here?
13th March 2012, 06:11 AM   |  #57  
Thanks Meter: 22

92 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLX317

Man there are some real jerks out tonight. And every night. The Vibrant and many other Galaxy S devices use the Samsung Exynos processor. This makes compatibility much simpler. Our device uses Qualcomm and needs a totally different build.

As for searching XDA, that's like searching for a super specific topic in a 90,000 threads deep stack of paper that all appears identical. The search function is rarely helpful, and usually leads to someone being a blowhard instead of ever answering a question. Those answers waste way more time and pollute the thread.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 80centjack For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th March 2012, 07:26 AM   |  #58  
Thanks Meter: 13

141 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80centjack

Man there are some real jerks out tonight. And every night. The Vibrant and many other Galaxy S devices use the Samsung Exynos processor. This makes compatibility much simpler. Our device uses Qualcomm and needs a totally different build.

As for searching XDA, that's like searching for a super specific topic in a 90,000 threads deep stack of paper that all appears identical. The search function is rarely helpful, and usually leads to someone being a blowhard instead of ever answering a question. Those answers waste way more time and pollute the thread.

Thanks for the explanation.

Ha! I've noticed.
14th March 2012, 02:33 AM   |  #59  
Thanks Meter: 0

27 posts
The final 4.0 was released for international version today. hopefully our phones are close by, but doubt it.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread