CM7 and MIUI for Dell Streak 5
Since the original CM7 thread were abandoned(or derailed on purpose) by the OP, I just want these amazing ROMs to be exposed to more people.
They are both using the DSC Team kernel. I have to thank the developers of these ROMs, as they are amazing!!!!
Both ROMs have working English interface.
English ver. Miui Rom by HPa
Mini CM7 How-to:
1. Download and flash stock 407, you can find it in the General board
. Read the guide
by TheManii on how to flash
and put them in your SD-Card
3. Flash Streakmod
. Read the guide here
4. Without booting into the stock 407 rom, go in to recovery mode
(both vol keys depressed) and flash the two zip files you downloaded.
5. while in recovery mode: Wipe user data, wipe user partition, wipe dalvik cache, fix permission. Reboot with both vol keys depressed.
6. Do a factory Reset while booting up with vol keys depressed. (dell factory reset method - first option of the four options)
1. turning off boot animation in Cyanogenmod setting gives me a 20 sec boot up time with stock innerSD card, insane !!
2. It was found that Wifi-On will keep the device awake(on purpose), hence, battery draining. If you don't need wifi connection 24/7, you can use Green Power in market to override the wifi rule and only have it turned on when screen is on, and turns off the wifi automatically when screen is off. It's also customizable, that you can force wifi to stay on for specific time or if there's traffic
Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk